The best way course of action that relic may doing

3 months ago

We all know, taht relic now in big finance trouble and near to closure, they abandoding coh 2 and dow 3 for thier next project and now people rant about aoe 4 and next relic projects and will massively boycott them. I see problem that people simply afraid that aoe 4 will be abandoding in undinished state withou expansions, or even if tehy finished game and give the game all content and expansions, afraid that relic may will release horrible patch that broke many things and simply instead make horfixes will abandon game. So, I just write here the best way of course for action taht relic may do, if they in big finance trouble:
1)For COH 2, just make final patch that fix all sh!t and broken things that make the last patch for the game. After this many coh 2 fans stop rant about you
2)For DOW III, since you don't have budget, launch site with steam account verification, give for gamers that bought dow 3 before abandoding game sorry presents for relic games or any sega games that cost at least 20$, many dow 3 that rant will become much quiter and many will calm down.
3)For AOE 4, just don't even try abandon game in unfinished state like dow 3 or broken state like coh 2, just don't even try, if you will do this, you kill themselves. If you feel that don't be able to will properly support game, better cancel aoe 4 or give them to another developer.
I hope some of relic employers read it and take this text on a note and talking with relic leadership stuff about it.
See ya later, I wish you all the best and to get out of a plight.

Comments

3 months ago
    VegnaVegna Posts: 908

They didn't abandon CoH2, they had always said they only had a 5 year plan just the plan seemed to drift off by the end. DoW3 they are dropping as it flopped, as their community warned them. But they might now bring some support back to CoH2 being that it's still popular and could keep money rolling in and bring back community support and loyalty which I think they realise now is a bit important.

Not too worried about AoEIV, it's not SEGA with the reigns but Microsoft and their flagship for their store so I do think they will give the resources and ability to go for it rather than focusing on trying to break a market ala SEGA (DoW3 & A:CM). What's going to kill AoEIV is the windows store lol.

3 months ago
    DraconixDraconix Posts: 5
    edited February 11

Hmmm.........New content for Coh2 might be nice, but after AoE4 we might probably see Coh3.

As for AoE4 I can't blame Relic if this game will be on Windows Store, because its part of Microsoft's policy. So even if AoE4 will be in great quality, people wouldn't buy this unless released on Steam of course. :wink:

3 months ago

@Draconix said:
    Hmmm.........New content for Coh2 might be nice, but after AoE4 we might probably see Coh3.

As for AoE4 I can't blame Relic if this game will be on Windows Store, because its part of Microsoft's policy. So even if AoE4 will be in great quality, people wouldn't buy this unless released on Steam of course. :wink:

I dunno, they likely have a different team working on AoE4 full time, would of thought they'd still have had lots of people on DoW3 for the future content and the support patches. I don't know if they will switch them to AoE4 as that is it's self a risk with the low stats of windows store. CoH2 seems a good side move which could bring money in as they work out the future plans with SEGA and try to wipe the stain.

3 months ago
    DraconixDraconix Posts: 5
    edited February 11

@Vegna said:

@Draconix said:

I dunno, they likely have a different team working on AoE4 full time, would of thought they'd still have had lots of people on DoW3 for the future content and the support patches. I don't know if they will switch them to AoE4 as that is it's self a risk with the low stats of windows store. CoH2 seems a good side move which could bring money in as they work out the future plans with SEGA and try to wipe the stain.

Yep, might be a good move. Still doesn't change that I liked Dow3 just like previous two, and if Relic would like me to forgive them then they should, if possible, release a Dow4 with a expansion coming up later. But releasing Coh3 with a expansion later also might ease my pain. AoE is not my favored franchise, but I might look at how AoE4 will shape.

But if games are bussiness, then I understand, thought I wish to see another DoW in future. Still I might meantime to check Coh3, since I liked Coh2 as well. :smile:

3 months ago

@Draconix said:

Yep, might be a good move. Still doesn't change that I liked Dow3 just like previous two, and if Relic would like me to forgive them then they should, if possible, release a Dow4 with a expansion coming up later. But releasing Coh3 with a expansion later also might ease my pain. AoE is not my favored franchise, but I might look at how AoE4 will shape.

But if games are bussiness, then I understand, thought I wish to see another DoW in future. Still I might meantime to check Coh3, since I liked Coh2 as well. :smile:

Would be shocked if they do another DoW after this, if they drop it due to such bad performance good chance they wont try it again.

3 months ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,276
    I think some cheap easy support that would bring a little more excitement back would be bulletins. Its a small thing but getting them in drops or with supply to slightly twist RNG to your will (even as little as it is) is exciting.

Plus, there is some disparity in the bulletins: usf has one that lets rifles AND RE build AND reinforce faster, ost has one that lets grens AND pgrens build faster, soviet have one that is JUST cons build faster (why not also reinforce? Quicker reinforcing rifles is a bigger deal than cons is it not?)
    3 months ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,944
    edited February 12

The way I see it, they can't afford to drift until AoE4 and DoW3 flopped which leaves CoH2 as their only horse in the race. Factions are pricey, bulletins don't garner any attention and Commanders would likely have to rehash existing content and/or be low quality (ie, Mobile Assault Regiment's infamous "The ability is ready!" loop). With the current playerbase likely having purchased or War Spoil'd everything they want, its unlikely they're making any real money from us. IMO, their best option, especially after the recent teamgame patch, would be to make Wehr and Soviets F2P to try and coerce new players in.