[All] heroic charge

3 months ago
Why does this still exist in its current form?
Sprint and a MASSIVE rec acc reduction on already durable infantry (unvetted airlanding officer goes from a target size of 0.71 to 0.18) is madness and bad for balance (the dps on that officer is gnarly too)
Thoughts on some changes?

Comments

3 months ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,276
    Added: with vet the officer falls to 0.55 target size making heroic charge grant a nuts 0.14 target size. (And vet 3 gives retreat smoke to allow for escape after ballsy, matrix style bullet dodging charges)

Tommies and sappers fare incredibly as well with their already low target sizes and great vet modifiers.

Even cons woth their old stats and larger than average target size would be OP with a -75% target size modifier.... Let alone the brits...
    3 months ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,944

Break the ability into two parts. Heroic Charge is a single-target ability that boosts the movespeed or grants sprint to the target squad. "Hold Here!" or whatever you want to call it reduces movement of nearby infantry to heavy sapper/CoH1 Brit levels, but gives a moderate ~10 second combat boost.

3 months ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,611

To answer original question because UKF are badly designed and especially all commandos.

3 months ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 3,827

Yeah but you can't throw the gammon bomb anymore... so... y'know. Balance achieved?

Yeah this ability is friggin stupid, to the point where I'm pretty sure it was Riflemen were able to dodge flamethrower shots with their resulting rec acc. Lower rec acc. for assaulting is one thing, but -75% is fucking nuts.

3 months ago
    edited February 14
    I personally just find it confusing how a company that thinks 75% rec acc and sprint as an AOE effect wasnt a bad balance decision could possibly be floundering...

Anybody else remeber when oorah granted -10% rec acc?
    3 months ago
    > @_Aqua_ said:
    > Break the ability into two parts. Heroic Charge is a single-target ability that boosts the movespeed or grants sprint to the target squad. "Hold Here!" or whatever you want to call it reduces movement of nearby infantry to heavy sapper/CoH1 Brit levels, but gives a moderate ~10 second combat boost.

I like the idea of splitting the ability up. Would they be exclusive to eachother or could a player double up on them?
    3 months ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,944

I imagine them on a shared cooldown, buffed commandos w/ sprint sounds utterly horrifying and opens a level of opportunity cost: do I buff my Tommies so they can hold ground or is it more important for my Commandos to close the gap?

3 months ago
    newshatterhandnewshatte… Posts: 277
    edited February 18

Yeah this should really get fixed that ability makes the game go completely bonkers.

3 months ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 3,827

I'd rather it just be a single ability that in friendly territory gives you a more reasonable rec. acc bonus but slows your units down, while in enemy territory boosts your RoF and movement speed.

Makes you defend harder, makes you fight harder, but you can't just wind sprint through the enemy and fist them with super stens