Next Balance Patch

9 months ago

So currently, every single game played as Axis goes as follows: encounter British players, 5-7 minutes into the game the Vickers machine gun halftrack gets called in, and suddenly you are up against the British infantry vickers blob and or American riflemen vickers blob if they decide to share. Machine guns do little to no suppression and eventually get wiped because the blob is just too strong.

Additionally, the latest balance patch seems to have crippled a key component in the soviets' ability to punish blobbing players. Demo charges have been nerfed so badly. If people complained about how overpowered they were, they were probably getting their blobs blown up by demos left and right. Now demos are incredibly difficult to use to punish blobbing players since they are detected from a moderate range. In my opinion the entire point of the demo charge was to heavily punish a blobbing player.

Blobbing seems like it will never stop and its a major turn off for the game. The only time a machine gun is useful is against 2 squads at most, anything else and the machine needs to retreat or it dies to the blob.

Literally 90% of british players right now utilize an infantry section blob of 4-5 squads all condensed together, with 2 vickers machine guns per squad. The game is meant to at least be a battle that is back and forth with some counter attacks, comebacks, etc etc. Right now its blob mania.

The only positive side that I see from the latest balance patch was the changing of doctrines and some of the abilities of doctrines.....but there is a lot of work that needs to be done for the next balance patch, particularly with giving players an effective counter to players that blob within the first 10 minutes of the game.

Until then, staying off of company of heroes 2 to avoid the cancer that is blobbing.

Comments

9 months ago
    FelinewolfieFelinewol… Posts: 662
    edited March 20

People bitch about blobs.

People INSIST DEMAND that blob-reduction mechanisms being removed.

Don't blame COH2 or Relic. Blame the community who fights tooth and nail for the removal of anything that weakens blobs.

9 months ago

Mmmm, you must be one of those players who wins by solely blobbing. I would say most people right now agree the British are overpowered, especially so when they blob, bolster squads, and equip double LMGs.

9 months ago
    WiderstreitWiderstre… Posts: 950

@Felinewolfie You are right, but either we disappoint or make the people happy with patches. I wasn't involved in the balancing progress, but there were some missed chances last time. But the real wrong steps were done some years ago. To fix that we have to redesign the hole game and over the years everyone got a different optimum. It only works by going over deaths, like we say in German.

9 months ago
    mrdjjag81mrdjjag81 Posts: 205

Soviet suffer most by blobs sense the maxim has mostly become a joke as an mg platform, it cant do its job against one man squad almost. One squad will simply crawl up to it before it get red pinned and tost a firegranade, force it to retreat.

They made the suppress useless, with right to do so, back when it was a 240MP with no-time setup that made it hard to counter when spamed. Now when its 260MP, longer setup time it shouldnt had let the suppress left in the cold. Make it a usefull mg at least that can face of 2-3 squads at least so you dont see 4 volk squad walk stright up to it like it was nothing there and tost the firegranade every single game u play. Its totally worthless everything abow early game, dosent matter if u use the ability with longer fire-burst, before it changed the magazin its set on fire already lol. Just stuped funny actually

9 months ago
    1ncendiary_Rounds1ncendiar… Posts: 798
    edited March 12

The balance team is sneaking stuff into live patch without telling anyone. I just discovered that the Ost officer's diversion now requires 25 munis. Funny enough the ability doesn't even work half the time. Trust me I've had plenty of experience with it. Ostruppen is my favorite commander. It's quite funny how the balance team is nitpicking at everything on Ostheer when blatantly op shit on allies gets ignored patch after patch. Could the balance team hotfix 5 man IS to 8 pop cap? They are worth only 7 - a volk squad. Are 5 man IS and volks even remotely comparable? Instead they're worried that a rarely used and unreliable doctrinal ability is probably too op so it's now 25 munis.

I like that the balance team is still fine tuning the patch, it's just that they're knowledge of balance is sorely lacking.

9 months ago
    thekingsownthekingso… Posts: 446
    edited March 13

I have noticed this too with Relic making undocumented changes .

The british 30 munitions artillery ability with flare now has pin point accuracy when for that price it should be competely random not laser guided shells . Considering the abilitys redicoulously low cost and how early it comes this undocumented change is utterly broken.

9 months ago
    jamesjames Posts: 12

Do you speak about blobs ? :/
    Do you have seen panzergrenadier with ROCKETS ??? only 3 sections can destroy a tank in only one shoot, and they retreat directly. and they have an amazing HE with ridiculous timer who kill everybody.
    for the end game , it's a cheated solutions for kill veteran tank. after , it's impossible to fight with a vet panther. or more biggest tank...
    and WHERE are the REAL MG's for allied team ? cal50 is not really good, vickers kill but don't supress , and MAXIM, this joke, don't kill , don't supress , have a little angle of fire.
    but MG-42 kill , amazing supress, amazing angle of fire.
    if maxim will be like mg42 , panzersreck-noob-spam will not be a problem.

thanks.

9 months ago
    1ncendiary_Rounds1ncendiar… Posts: 798
    edited March 15

@james said:
    Do you have seen panzergrenadier with ROCKETS ??? only 3 sections can destroy a tank in only one shoot, and they retreat directly. and they have an amazing HE with ridiculous timer who kill everybody.
    for the end game , it's a cheated solutions for kill veteran tank. after , it's impossible to fight with a vet panther. or more biggest tank...
    and WHERE are the REAL MG's for allied team ? cal50 is not really good, vickers kill but don't supress , and MAXIM, this joke, don't kill , don't supress , have a little angle of fire.

thanks.

This is a L2P issue, you can post your problems under the general discussion. It'll take quite a while to get 3*120= 360 munis for the one shot schreck volley vs allied mediums. You can fight schreck pgren blobs with your own infantry blob, or use artillery. It's quite easy to deal with schreck pgrens. You don't even need to use mgs vs schreck blobs. Only the maxim is slightly lacking at the moment. And schrecks have been nerfed quite heavily recently. Advanced tip, if you think you're gonna lose a tank to the schreck blob, just drive through the blob instead of retreating. You may even be able to save your tank by preventing the schrecks from firing.

9 months ago
    mrdjjag81mrdjjag81 Posts: 205
    edited March 15

@james said:

thanks.

All thought PGrens is expensive and u could be faced the off relative easy sence u rarly see 3 of them, if so, just drive in to them with a t34 while using snipers, have a katyscha rdy or something, will force them to retreat pretty fast before they one shoot your tank. All thought u have a point, allied need a good supressing platform, and doubble schkres deals too much damage. 3 PG with schreks can one shoot all medium tanks. It should be reduced to 100 damage each on the schreks so medium tank survives the schrekblobing thats to comon now in team games. 720 damage force away alot of allied tanks, specially soviet that have to relay on su-85 in later game, those blobs sneaks up on u too often and one shot your tanks because they just have a walk in the park through maxims for some stuped reason, it should pin, not let them go pass like nothing happen.

9 months ago
    jamesjames Posts: 12

so , stop to crying for blob from brit or usa.

9 months ago
    ImperialDaneImperialD… Posts: 2,838 mod

Kindly refrain from posting multiple times, just stick to one post to make a point. And kindly refrain from personal attacks as well, this is about a future balance patch. Stick to that topic.

9 months ago

Personally I haven't seen any of the triple shreck panzergren strategy for years. I honestly think maxims are ok right now, but maybe that's because I've been on the receiving end of heavy maxim spam. Lately I've seen soviets use that propaganda doctrine which has the suppression/pin/retreat ability against german players that have 2 or more squads together.

9 months ago

Maxim was a joke, is a joke and it will continue to be a joke.
    If you want to talk balance, talk about StuG killing infantry like a P4. Panther killing AT equiped infantry, Whermacht mortar which has stats twice as good as any other, freedom blobs, tent spam, faust and nades that doesn't have a separate research button, nondoc super-Heavies, random explosive wipes, overall too much random in everything, homing brumbar shells. The list can go on.

8 months ago
    FelinewolfieFelinewol… Posts: 662
    edited March 20

@Krystal_Ion said:
    Mmmm, you must be one of those players who wins by solely blobbing. I would say most people right now agree the British are overpowered, especially so when they blob, bolster squads, and equip double LMGs.

============
    Overpowered?
    Fine, I propose we fix it. First, make MG42 cost 280. Then make Grenadier cost 708 manpower, 70 fuel, 170 munition
    and start with 2 WEAKENED LMG42 (Brens are weaker than LMG42), remove Panzerfaust, and make grenade a
    normal one. Give same bonuses as british (which means much weaker when out of cover) 5 man squad!

Also, remove bunker from wehr, and make pioneer go into T2, but put nerfed halftrack into T0 (minus reinforce)
    Needs T2 to make flame.

Give british 260 manpower Vickers and 240 manpower Infantry Squads, Engineer in T0, but fixed to 4 men.
    Remove bolster squad, and limit bren to 1 per squad (can have 2 but must pick up). Give them free RifleGrenades
    and AT grenades, give them MG bunkers for 0 pop and low cost, can double MG the bunkers. Seriously boost
    the halftrack but put it in T2. Can now reinfiorce. Put 2nd flamethrower on halftrack on upgrade.

There, fixed Germans and British :)

And, yes, I did count how much it costs to make British Squad into the monster you describe :)

If you think brits are so OP, then you'll have no issue with inversing
    Brit and Wehr design, am I right? :)

Sigh. Thinking of using double flamer HT against Germans with no
    AT assets.... shivers :)

7 months ago

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:

@james said:

thanks.

This is a L2P issue, you can post your problems under the general discussion. It'll take quite a while to get 3*120= 360 munis for the one shot schreck volley vs allied mediums. You can fight schreck pgren blobs with your own infantry blob, or use artillery. It's quite easy to deal with schreck pgrens. You don't even need to use mgs vs schreck blobs. Only the maxim is slightly lacking at the moment. And schrecks have been nerfed quite heavily recently. Advanced tip, if you think you're gonna lose a tank to the schreck blob, just drive through the blob instead of retreating. You may even be able to save your tank by preventing the schrecks from firing.

honestly if anyone having any problems with panzerschrek blobs at this point i feel bad for them its the weakest kind of blob anyway literally any infantry squad with proper equipment can shred 6 panzerschrek squads EZ