Soviet and German armies needs to be rebalanced.

1 year ago
EzhikEzhik RussiaPosts: 5

What the hack did you do with the game?How does the Soviet Army have to desrtoy German Tanks?You nerfed Soviet PRTS but you buffed Brummbar!Great!Now my Penals will die before they will get closer to enemy vechiels.Thanks!Ok, maybe Soviet Tanks are able to fight against german?Hmmm...NO .SU-85 is too slow to retreat(and enemy Panther or Panzer can easily destroy it),t-34 is just piece of trash.But of cousre German tanks has suffered so much from them, that you have decieded to give Panther more health.It is already insane to destroy it,becase penal's speed is lower than panther's moving reverse with broken engine! You know, i am ready to pay more fuel and popcap for better tanks, not just for trash.

Katusha is good Artillery,but Wulframmen is much better,because it hits at once and really powerfull.Why does?

And how soviet army is able to fight againt big amounts of infantry?Maksim's suppression is really low,and his attack angle is small.Explosive pack(dynamite which is set by engineers) is now visible for enemies(Of cousre if german gives it's engineers mine detectors it totally ruins the game for him,right?

Have you ever tried to fight against 3-vet grenadiers with mg-42(may be 43)?My 3 vet shock troops become useless against them!3 such squads easily destroyed my Maksim being suppressed by him!

Summing up,I want to say,that germans are much stronger fractions than soviets ,because their tanks are better and have more chances to survive on the battlefield,while soviet army needs to watch carefully every trash t-34 it has.And german Commander's airstrikes are much powerfull than soviet ones.Yes,they are more expensive but extremly dangerous for soviets,especially for SU-85 and ZIS(antitank gun).Which desroys any chances for soviets against german tanks.And Please make machine guns available for being purchased for soviet tanks.

P.S.I tested OKW Puppchen and ZIS,and i realised that they are almost equal in dealt damage to vechicles for the same number of shots .Puppchen is less long range gun,but it has broader attack angle.Besides it is able to retreat or be placed in a house.Why is puppchen cheaper?

Comments

1 year ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,817
    In before lock
    1 year ago
    edited June 2018

If you are not agree please use arguments to prove your opinion.

1 year ago

@thedarkarmadillo написал:
    In before lock

Mmmm...CoH expert has arrived,will you tell me where i am mistaken?

1 year ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,602

@Ezhik said:

In before lock

Its a rant thread that does not follow balance forum guidelines.

Its in balance section, but you have not presented a single stat for a single unit.
    If he is a CoH expert, you're on the polar opposite of that spectrum.

1 year ago
    edited June 2018

@Ezhik said:

In before lock

Its a rant thread that does not follow balance forum guidelines.

Its in balance section, but you have not presented a single stat for a single unit.
    If he is a CoH expert, you're on the polar opposite of that spectrum.

Well,I am new in this forum,so i don't know some forum rules,i am sorry If something is wrong.And I am not a developer to know every unit stat.There is no any game section to watch every unit's stats.Besides you just said that i am not right,but you didn't mentioned why.You didn't presented any stats to refute my words,but you just said that i am noob.What stops me to say the same thing about you?

You know,you are always able to test everything what i mentioned.And you know what is the biggest prove to everything i have wrote?If the game is finally balanced,why is it's online so small?

1 year ago
    le12role12ro Posts: 2,297 mod

Moderator Input Moved thread to general discussion.

1 year ago
    Rommel654Rommel654 Fort Eustis, VAPosts: 931 mod
    edited June 2018

I understand some of your frustration, but I think the Soviets are pretty tough right now. They play differently after the patch.... or rather.... you have to play them differently to be successful.

Your post comes across at first not as strong and convincing as I think you want it to. Let's discuss some of your concerns.

Many of the events on both sides have been mitigated (nerfed) to reduce "cheese" tactics that were frustrating to some. For example the demo's. I don't think demo's were ever intended to be used as game changing IED's as they had become. It was a good blobbing deterrent, but it also took away from the illusion of realism. Now demo's are relegated to a rather limited role of obstruction clearing verses the ambush squad(s) wiping trickery for the unsuspecting. I used demo's a lot before but I have to admit...it was broken. It had me develop bad tactical habits that I needed to get over.

Penal's now are still tough, but in late game you have to change their role. Of course it depends on how you play, but in late game I no longer lead or make contact with the enemy with them only to find a repositioned MG or Brumbar. I keep them by my SU85's to discourage the tank dive. They can hold their own against PG's with shreks and certainly Panthers. They buy you time as your TD's back off from the threat. Depending on the fluid battle you not only have to change roles but sometimes unit types.

One or two penals (w/PTRS) by a SU-152 makes it very difficult for a German tank dive. A small mistake and they will lose tanks fast.

Penal's following the tank dive will stop the Panther's running down your retreating T-34's or diving for the Katy.

Panzerwefers are great, but anything not challenged will beat you. Katy's are better at terrain denial and killing units at a retreat point. P-werfers have to get close or have numbers. If you have a static defense you are inviting the enemy to build them. If you can keep recon over them when they move up to fire you can pounce them. Move your fast moving T-34's with a M5 with a Minesweeper and Penal. Your recon will help you know when to dive and where. This will give you the initiative. Smoke is absolutely needed for the packs. Your recon (or flare) will illuminate cloaked raketens.

Any MG now can be shot out by the right amount of infantry. American bar's, G43's, LMG's, Ober's, Bren's all have more firepower than an MG can handle alone. Mid to late game you have to put them in green cover and additional support. The infantry can have just too much firepower against a lone MG not in green cover.....and sometimes in green cover.

You have some interesting arguments, but not the fidelity to really flush out your concerns. You write "I want to say,that germans are much stronger fractions than soviets ,because their tanks are better and have more chances to survive on the battlefielde "

Yes, German tanks have some advantages. You know what they are so plan for them if you can. IMO the real advantages are enablers like spotting scopes, smoke drops and panzer tactician.

I had to relearn how to play Soviets after the patch. Like any game if you get into an oodle loop early (losing the infantry fight)...or mortar fight...or the situational awareness (recon) fight you will lose initiative. But so can your enemy. If you are finding his MG's by your infantry getting pinned more than once then you can probably do something better somehow.

ZIS's with the buffed barrage (cheaper muni) can be a pain for the static German player. I've had more than one good Soviet player show me how I've underestimated them when used wisely. They come out of the box with a lot of flexibility.

The strength of a raketen is the cloak and retreat ability. If you get surprised from a sneak attack then you shouldn't a second time. Flares and movement can frustrate a raketen defense. If he uses them too aggressively then take them. If you recon correctly before an attack you won't be surprised by them and can smoke them, outmaneuver them, prop war them, chase them off, or just go somewhere else if you can't get the advantage. If you beat their cloak advantage then they can be a less than effective tool for the Axis. Particularly if he does not move them much.

3 x Volks or Grens or Obers is a force to contend with. I often get an M5 to back up my infantry just because I need the suppression. You can't lead with it, but a well micro'd M5 quad is a cheap pain in butt. You know as soon as you force a retreat the next wave is going to have a PIV to hunt it down. That is why you keep a penal nearby. If your infantry retreats, back off your support also.

I know this will not work in all situations and terrain, but from your note I'm sure you have the skills to adjust fire to what ever the enemy is preparing. Get ahead of your enemy. Recon, from whatever method, is your best friend.

This game is about victory points, resources and time. If you are getting overwhelmed by too many forces then perhaps look at things like unit preservation and map control. Use your inner General and come up with the strategy and tactics to win at less than even odds if need be.

Look forward to seeing you on the battlefield.

1 year ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,817

@Rommel654 said:
    Now demo's are relegated to a rather limited role of obstruction clearing verses the ambush squad(s) wiping trickery for the unsuspecting.

i agree with most of what you said, but this is incorrect. they have been relegated to being a noob trap ability to waste munitions of new players who dont know better. satchels are cheaper, quicker to deploy and come on a unit that you actually want, not one so bad that the only reason to ever have them is because they are required. even as a building removal tool demos are worse than satchels despite doing 800 damage (vs the 640 of satchels) because satchels get thrown INTO the building and distribute the damage on all the walls instead of built outside.

there is NO reason at all to ever build demos, at all.
    ever.
    like seriously.

1 year ago

I certainly agree in almost all cases satchels are have more flexibility and are more efficient. There are a couple of rare instances demo's are helpful.

If you put a demo on a OKW truck and throw a satchel on it, it will take it down from full heath. Otherwise it will take 3 satchels. You may not have 3 penals on location.

If you are USF or Brits you only have demos to work with (doctrinally).

You can still hide demo's with sandbags (layers) and wire. An unsuspecting enemy may use the bags as green cover. It has to be the right place on the map. Sometimes if there is a dropped weapon you can put one on it and if the enemy is not careful he will try to pick up the abandon piece.

And of course smoke. Smoke the demo as they come into detection range on a key route.

All situational and often not worth the effort. If I didn't start T1 then my engineers have to get behind the bunkers through my mortar smoke or with the M5 to demo.

If you smoke a flak emplacement and throw a satchel it will not take it down (it takes two). A demo will.

I've even put a demo on a M20 mine with the M20 setting over them. When the PIV rushed it the M20 smoked and the chasing PIV had a bad day. I've also had the PIV accidentally shoot it before the M20 got away.....sad day.

But I admit these are certainly rare instances and situational. It helps if you can ascertain if you enemy is using the default camera settings to place the demo on a more camouflaged location. I am with you that the demo's 15 minutes of fame have passed.

1 year ago
    edited June 2018

Thank you for responding Rommel654.It is a great pleasure to see someone who tries to convince and help another forum user.But I can't find really helfull and effecient use to M5 against ifantry.It is great antiaircarft gun,but uselless on the battlefield because at this time enemy has panzershreks or panzer 4.And enemy blobs are still a really big problem.Well you know I believe this conversation can last for a long time.But,I am sorry,i watched your statictics and you dont have any game level for any fraction in any regime(1v1;2v2...).As like as you i played most of my games in 4v4 regimes for soviets.And on the higher ranks the game is much different than on lower ones.Being honest my level is not very high too,it is 7-th.But it is much bigger than yours.

thedarkarmadillo is your game nick CPU-easy?

1 year ago
    edited June 2018

There are some great discussions on blobs in the archives you may find helpful. Blobs can accumulate very quickly in 4v4's.

Folks play this (or any) game because it scratches an itch. For me, that itch is coordinated teamplay. I don't get that if I play randoms.

With a team of friends I get so much more out of the game that appeals to me. We strategize, review, work together to anticipate and problem solve. If we lose we are able to discuss afterwards and carry those lessons learned to our next game. With randoms you can't take collective tasks or lessons with you. With a team of friends if you lose you feel less like a victim of someone's failure than just your collective efforts fell short. That's why I have no rank - random play doesn't scratch my itch. I don't put much stock in rank anyway. Not why I play.

My highest team got to 3rd on the 4v4 ladder before we got beat 3 games in a row by a "Go Hard" team out of Russia. Great players, great teamwork and good guys to communicate with. I've not seen them in a while.

I've not been on a competitive team (top 10) in a while. It takes A LOT of time to rehearse, watch replays, develop recon plans, deception plans, and develop MDMP (Military Decision Making Process), After Action Review, focus and develop plans on your team members strengths, and find and watch games from teams that are the competition. Like any band sometimes members move on.

Large games with friends appeal to me because we can begin to execute that graduate level of coordination. At more than 7k hours I'm still learning much - mostly from a principle of war point of view. Communication and situational awareness in a team game is as important as micro and teamwork are. In a random game you can only expect the latter.

4v4 random is a different game. Many of the things I pontificate on are from my team experiences. I find less satisfaction in a random game because I like to play for more than micro and the limited team work you find with folks you can't talk with or play with consistently.

So maybe I can't answer your question comprehensively. My solution when I run into a blob is usually a team solution. We discuss immediately and set into motion a 4F plan (find, fix, fight, finish). The blob problem can be quickly mitigated when you know where it is and you canalize it where you plan to kill it - usually with a teammate.

I'm on several teams at level 17 and 18, but that really has very little meaning whatsoever. Almost as much meaning as the damage and kills at the end of the game. They often don't reveal as much as what many think they reveal.

1v1's and 2v2's will almost always be more interesting to watch because you can get much of plan and intent from the visual game. Larger games you really need to hear the communication of the teams as there is just too much going on to absorb intent and strategy from the visuals alone...…..for a good team. For a random team unfortunately they are limited to their good play and a bumper sticker level of communication and teamwork. For many that scratches their itch. There is no right and wrong here, just preferences.

One should always be careful on what wall he puts and measures his ladder of success.

If you are interested send me a note on steam and we'll bring you in on a team. You need TS. Whether you are a rock star player or just average like me we can get better than average entertainment.

1 year ago
    Naya_TyanNaya_Tyan Russia Posts: 127

Well, what did you expect.
    Relic.
    Against the Allies.
    They love the Germans.
    On this side, the Allies can not do anything.
    When you do not have DP-28 and PPSh-41.
    Because the Imba Council. They have it all!
    There is no proof.
    They can not fix Bug with Soviet mortars and AT (ZiS-3).
    Therefore OKV and Wehrmacht Imba! They do not have Bugs!