Fix the broken Achievements!

2 years ago
PanzerFutzPanzerFutz Melbourne, OzPosts: 346
edited July 2018 in Wishlist

If any of the game designers/developers read this, can you please fix the broken Achievements?

I'm one of the small minority of players who doesn't play multi-player games, largely because I have an older computer and it suffers from performance issues when playing other people. I enjoy the game but I'm relegated to pursuing Achievements for my personal satisfaction beyond winning individual games. I have picked up most of the Achievements. The ones I haven't can be divided into 2 categories: Those that are very difficult and those that are broken.

BROKEN:
Defending The Motherland - no matter how many units I kill with Irregulars, the counter stays on zero.
Someone's Got To Re-man Those Guns - no matter how many Osttruppen I deploy, the counter stays on zero.
Don't Step On The Grass - no matter how many Teller mines I lay, the counter stays on zero.

STRANDED:
Torched - You got rid of the Penal Battalion flamethrower upgrade before I could complete this so I'm stuck just short of completion. You could either bring back the upgrade or modify a commander to include this upgrade (as an Infantry Assault Package that gives flamethrower upgrades and Molotovs to all infantry types). Perhaps you could use it to replace the Free Toilet Paper Artillery (Fear Propaganda Arty).

They're Coming Out Of The Woodwork - again, you removed the upgrades for partisans before I acquired the Partisan Tactics commander so I can't complete this achievement. I was bitterly disappointed when I went to all the trouble of getting this commander, only to find that the one reason I got him (completing the achievement) had been invalidated by an update. I don't know why you did this, partisan units are pretty crappy with PPsh's only. The only way I can see to fix this is bringing back the upgrade.

I don't know if any designers/developers will read this and I doubt that, even if they do, they'll actually bother to fix what must seem like a very minor issue. But still, I'll ask:

Can you please fix the broken Achievements? Much obliged if you do.

Comments

2 years ago
    KingDarBojaKingDarBo… ColombiaPosts: 9

I managed to get some of them using "All Units (170 Added)" mod.

Defending The Motherland: Can be obtained using the mod above.
    Don't Step On The Grass: Can be obtained using the mod above BUT you must play a official map, don't use community ones.
    They're Coming Out Of The Woodwork: Bad thing is that achievement used to be only "Deploy 50 LMG Partisans" which is the only one that counts even using the mod. The other two doesn't work with the mod.

And Torched one can be obtained playing the campaign and getting the flame upgrades (haven't completed yet but checked the count and works!).

2 years ago

@KingDarBoja Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try.

It won't take long to get Torched; only 2 upgrades needed to finish the Achievement. Not needing a mod also makes it easier.

The others will take longer because, I'm starting from zero.

Cheers.

2 years ago

@KingDarBoja Update on Achievements.

"All Units (170 Added)" mod works for the three you suggested, even They're Coming Out Of The Woodwork. So, thanks for your help with that. I've already completed Don't Step On The Grass; the others will take some time.

Unfortunately, the mod didn't help with Torched or Someone Has To Re-man Those Guns. I tried playing the campaign to get Torched but, that didn't work for me. I played the Berlin mission to make sure I got Penal Battalions and I upgraded 2 units but, nothing happened with the counter.

I'm not really surprised by this because, the Achievements have only ever worked in Skirmish matches for me. I am surprised that it worked for you. I'm also a bit surprised the mod didn't work for this particular Achievement, given it worked so well with the Teller Mines.

I'll keep trying. The "All Units" mod is something quite different and a lot of fun to play, once you get used to it.

Thanks again for your help. Cheers.

2 years ago

@PanzerFaust Great!

But I got curious about They're Coming Out Of The Woodwork achievement, did it worked for all three partisan squads (Rifleman, SMG, LMG) or just the LMG one?

About Someone Has To Re-man Those Guns, looks like it doesn't work with the mod but probably using the commander call-in of Osttrupen Squad (Osttruppen doctrine). I can't check it because I don't have that commander yet. :(

About Torched, let me try again the campaign and get some Penal Squad with flame upgrades to see if it still works. I will back and report it with screenshots.

2 years ago

@KingDarBoja "All Units (170 Added)" works for all Partisans. SMG's I could do using the Partisan commander anyway but, LMG's and Rifles were stuck on zero. Now, they're moving (LMG's are moving fast because they're quite good; Rifles are moving slower because they're pretty weak). It will take me a while to finish this Achievement (and Defending The Motherland) but, I'm going to get there.

As for Osttruppen, I also do not have the Osttruppen Doctrine commander. I have Mobile Defense (with Osttruppen Reserves) and the commanders with Relief Infantry (which are Osttruppen). Osttruppen Reserves and Relief Infantry definitely don't work for this Achievement (I've even tried re-crewing guns with them to see if that's what it took to make the counter move). I believe the Osttruppen commander gets to build Osttruppen units from his base, rather than call them in like Osttruppen Reserves. That's why I was hoping the mod might be a work-around - because you can build Osttruppen instead of having a call-in unit. But, no luck there. The Achievement may simply be broken and we'll have to wait for a patch to fix it.

As for Torched, I've tried both the mod & the campaign and I'm still stuck on 28 out of 30. I don't think they're going to fix that one because, they took the flamethrower away from Penal Squads for a reason and it's unlikely they'll reverse that decision. It's a pity because, like the Teller Mines, it would only take one game to complete it (the Partisan Achievements will take many games to finish).

2 years ago

@PanzerFaust I will try again using the mod in order to get They're Coming Out Of The Woodwork achievement.

Also I forgot that I must spam conscript in one mission to get Penal Squad, not like in MP where I could train them from building. :D

Someone Has To Re-man Those Guns: Again, I think it must be using the Osttruppen commander, the others don't work (especially Relief Infantry ability).

2 years ago
    edited August 2018

@PanzerFaust Update on Achievements.

Torched is still stuck at 3/30 mark. I got like 5 penal with flame upgrades as you can see:

Penal Army
    "Penal Army"

but the count didn't moved:

Torched Ribbon
    "Fail Torched"

UPDATE #2
    I managed to make it work through design of my own mod called "Penal Flame Upgrade" and after one test against Easy AI, I managed to get 5 Penal Squad with the flamethrower upgrade. Guess what? It works!

Here is the mod link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1497448135

2 years ago

@KingDarBoja Thanks for your help. I used your mod and have successfully completed the Torched Achievement.

The only one I can't get to work is the Osttruppen Achievement. I'll have to wait until I have the commander to see whether that makes it work. It may take some time so, I hope I'll have finished all the others by then.

Some are quite hard so, it make take a long time to get them. Killing heavy tanks with Grenadiers is probably the hardest but, killing Scout Cars with a mortar is no easy feat either. Nor is killing Tiger tanks with M-42's, to be honest.

At least, I'm down to one Achievement that isn't actually working, instead of four. Thanks again for your help. Cheers.

2 years ago

@PanzerFutz You are welcome Comrade.

If you need help, you can add me on steam, so we can get the partisan one way faster :)KingDarBoja Steam Profile

1 year ago

@PanzerFutz said:
    @KingDarBoja Thanks for your help. I used your mod and have successfully completed the Torched Achievement.

The only one I can't get to work is the Osttruppen Achievement. I'll have to wait until I have the commander to see whether that makes it work. It may take some time so, I hope I'll have finished all the others by then.

Some are quite hard so, it make take a long time to get them. Killing heavy tanks with Grenadiers is probably the hardest but, killing Scout Cars with a mortar is no easy feat either. Nor is killing Tiger tanks with M-42's, to be honest.

At least, I'm down to one Achievement that isn't actually working, instead of four. Thanks again for your help. Cheers.

Hi there! Maybe i'm too late for the discussion)
    I think the easiest and the fastest way to get the "With Extreme Difficulty" achievement is playing "Operation Barbarossa" TOW pack. Two reasons why:
    1) the enemy deploys A LOT OF KV-1s. Yes, it's a good solid tank that can cause trouble, but of all the heavy tanks (i think) it's the easiest to destroy. You'll need couple of PAK-40s for sure to hit the tank critically, but Grenadiers with their standard AT weapon can make that final shot (+ Soviets deploy many Guards and Penal squads, so you'd be able to find PTRS-41 rifle, which can serve as a good addition for your Grenadiers);
    2) in "Barbarossa" Grenadiers have AT-rifle grenades. I believe it's one of the worst AT weapons in-game, but it has a serious advantage: range of fire. It can damage tank's engine (8-9/10 cases) to slow it while it's still far away from your positions. Then you can use your PAKs, and at last Grenadiers to finally finish a KV.

Hope it'll help!

PS: i played on Hard, so maybe it explains the amout of KV-1s Soviets deployed. And i was able to destroy...
    PPS: i could beat the remaining 4 tanks in two scenarios (the № 1 was blown apart like 2 years ago... i don't remember how exactly i'd managed to do it with two Grenadier squads, but it definitely was an IS-2).