Navy Forces

1 year ago

Dears Company of Heroes 2™,
Good Day,

Have you thought about adding a navy forces for each army? I'm sure you did and I know it takes forever to build it technically but this would add much more action and fun for the game.

Best Regards
Ahmad Al Qaisi

Comments

1 year ago
    VegnaVegna Posts: 963

Considering all the combat is land based and in areas that naval forces didn't really do anything in, doesn't really fit.

1 year ago
    MikeHaggarMikeHaggar Posts: 635

Maybe he means the various Naval land forces usually called Marines. The US Marines overwhelmingly operated in the Pacific. I think some British Commando units were Marines units but I don't know much about them, but in any case we have Commandoes in the game.

Soviet Marines would probably be the best to put in the game since they did fight in several major Ostfront campaigns.

1 year ago
    VegnaVegna Posts: 963

@MikeHaggar said:
    Maybe he means the various Naval land forces usually called Marines. The US Marines overwhelmingly operated in the Pacific. I think some British Commando units were Marines units but I don't know much about them, but in any case we have Commandoes in the game.

Soviet Marines would probably be the best to put in the game since they did fight in several major Ostfront campaigns.

Commandos were separate from the Navy, the British Marines had to train their own commandos but not all the commandos were marines.

Soviet naval infantry did fight all through the war, but other than being famous for more parachute operations, not really much they could bring.