Pershing needs a veterancy nerf

11 months ago
mrgame2mrgame2 Posts: 496
edited August 2018 in General Discussion

Pershing kills infantry super fast without fancy MG upgrades. Much more deadly than any anti-infantry tank.
But why does it level up so fast with just infantry kills? I needed just 28 infantry kills in 10 mins to go vet 2.
At vet 2, it is an auto cannon beast with auto grenade lobbing which UKF need manual input.
With the doctrine, Pershing have fast off map smoke, which UKF needs to aim.
At vet 2 it outscores a Panther easily in speed and accuracy.

Pershing is the ultimate all in one tank.
Pershing makes Comet dreams it can be a born as a Pershing.
Pershing makes Tiger Ace looks like slowold man Jack.

Pershing + Jackson combo is ultimate, Wehr have no answer. Stug cannot help. Panther cannot chase down Pershing and win.

Comments

11 months ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 393

Pershing 230fuel 800Hp, Doctrine unit, 1 tanks on field
    Panther 185fuel 960Hp, non-Doc unit, can get 5 tanks on field

Except if Pershing is 185fuel 960Hp, non-Doc unit, can get 5 tanks on field. I will accept all the nerf.

As an Allies player, this is what I see: 4 Stugs (360fu) > 2 Pan (370fu) > 3 Pan4 (360fu) >1 Pan4 / 1 Tiger (350fu)

10 months ago
    ArgensaArgensa Posts: 14

Actually Wehr needs only to spam Pz4. THAT is the ultimate infantry killing tanks lol (though in term of AT it is comparable to the T34/85 which sucks at that role). Stug works as fine as Jackson though so if an US player can delfect your Tiger or Tiger Ace or King Tiger w/e then you should be able to deflect a Pershing. (Funny how stug is only 15 fuel more expensive than the Su76 haha)

10 months ago
    I can't believe the first post is not a troll. This guy hav'nt played that tank for sure.
    10 months ago
    38Lightning38Lightni… Posts: 197
    edited September 2018
    I've tested it and pershing lost against the Panther every single time until it got vet 3 then it wins every time even if panther makes it to vet 3. But it takes a lot to get to vet 3 in a real match in my experience.

So pershing better infantry killer panther better tank killer.
    10 months ago
    Rommel654Rommel654 Fort Eustis, VAPosts: 928 mod

As we have learned, veterancy is about math. The number of kills is only indirectly contributing to vet. We all have had most valuable units at vet 3 with no kills. It is not all about damage either. Often when you countersnipe that one kill will may vet up your sniper.

You keep comparing a Pershing to a Comet, which may not be a consistent value as one is non doctrinal. Even the smoke you are comparing in time and ease of use does not take into account WP (damage) and doctrine. I don't know how to even compare those to tactical smoke which both the USF and UKF would love to have.

What may be more telling than the unit combinations that have natural synergy like anything that can soak damage and a TD or AT behind it are the strategy, tactics and map situation that lead to it.

If you anticipate from the beginning of the game that your opponent is going to use a strategy that you will not be able to defeat without some considerable luck then either the game is broken or maybe you have yet to tap into your inner General and either prevent it, or make it work to your favor.

Wehr have many strengths when it comes to separating and isolating units. Smoke bombs can quickly mitigate the TD's leaving the pershing alone. JU 87's make USF armor scramble. The Heavy Cav commander for it's advantages has some severe tactical gaps, like non doctrinal recon and artillery.

When I can focus less on unit stand up comparisons and more on tactics of multi-unit operations the game becomes so much more. As you watch the replay of your defeat it will likely come to you some great inner devious plan to spell your adversary's doom. When you successfully perfect and execute it, your victory will be glorious.

9 months ago
    Kharn89Kharn89 Posts: 585

This is just a rage post, this guy hasn't played the Pershing at all.

The USF needs a reliable heavy tank, and the Pershing is THE MOST RELIABLE USF tank, which is why you see it so much.

The joke as the GCS was USF is just " Waiting for Pershing " faction, cause it's so full of holes that they lean so heavily on a pershing to fix their problems. It's ONE tank, and a Tiger Ace will crush it.

Just get 2 Paks and call it a dat, at vet1 u can stun it to death and its game over.

9 months ago
    > @Kharn89 said:
    > This is just a rage post, this guy hasn't played the Pershing at all.
    >
    > The USF needs a reliable heavy tank, and the Pershing is THE MOST RELIABLE USF tank, which is why you see it so much.
    >
    > The joke as the GCS was USF is just " Waiting for Pershing " faction, cause it's so full of holes that they lean so heavily on a pershing to fix their problems. It's ONE tank, and a Tiger Ace will crush it.
    >
    > Just get 2 Paks and call it a dat, at vet1 u can stun it to death and its game over.

Well, reliable tank and also probably one of the strongest doctrines there is outside the tank...