Feedback - Commander Revamp

Comments

1 year ago

I do like the change of the WC-51 to basically a better Kübel now since it is still a doctrinal, fragile vehicle.
    the changes to Cav Rifles are also good, tho i still would like them to have smoke hand grenades instead of the regular m23.

As for Stormtroopers, i really think they are in a pretty good spot now, didnt think i'd see the day MP40s are actually on par with other SMGs. As some people pointed out they do overlap with Pgrens in some way, being assault units with bundle charges and so on. Maybe their bundle grenades could be replaced with regular and cheaper M24 stick grenades like Volks and Füsiliers get them aswell as molotovs or incindiary grenades to differentiate them from Pgrens even more, making pgrens the heavy duty Assault troopers with Harder hitting rifles and grenades while making stormtroopers the versitile close combat fighters with a varied set of grenades.

Defensive doctrine to me is becoming more and more just a spin on the regular osttruppen doctrine (which is not neccesarily a bad thing), Sharing osttruppen, defenses and an artillary ability.as already suggested the best change of the pak 43 would probably be it becoming an emplacement instead of a static, easily decrewable AT gun. An ability complimenting the defensive unis, namely pioneers, crew weapons and perhaps the StuGs could be replacing it. Something along the lines of maybe 'improved ammunition' that enables mortars to fire incindiary rounds and the PaK 40 and stugs to shoot HEAT similar to the OKW armour doctrine.

1 year ago
    ComradComrad Posts: 122
    edited September 2018

There is no sense from Retreat Point if there is no reason to replanish and healing infantry. The medics only on the base, and the Americans and the British are not always so kind to make a headquarters or ambulance car.
    I agree, Soviet's Retreat Point is a breakthrough and at least something, but it must be backed up:

• Ambulance car

• Stationary ambulance car (like OKW), which will only heal and replanish infantry units.

Because Retreat Point have of one commander, and the Forward Headquarters of the other, and the ambulance car in the Soviet Union doesn't exist. The Soviet Union doesn't even have medics-unit who can be called to run around the map and healing (like American medics), so same nor have one unit there is no medkit.
    The Commissar Squad should be encouraging. Let him not have a point of retreat (it should be), but he should inspire, otherwise it makes no sense to call it only for the sake of the point of retreat, given that it will open only after the construction of the Mechanized armor Kampenya.

Scorched Earth Policy - this ability is still meaningless, you should look at the Sector Artillery of the Wehrmacht or OKW and you will immediately see the difference. So I asked to return to the Soviet Union the Old version of this ability for 200 ammo and a bit to improve it (precision and damage).

1 year ago
    Schoki_JaegerSchoki_Ja… Posts: 24
    edited September 2018

Pls Relic, if you are giving the Soviets an retreat point with the Commissar pls add something like the unarmed ZiS-Truck (maybe even without an Comander) for reinforcing and field medics (would also fix the problem with the incredible slow healing rate of soviet medics) to back up the Retreat Point !

1 year ago

What I want to say about the KV-2:
    To reduce his radius of destruction is impossible, because it is the only technique the Allies (with the exception of the Churchill AVRE), which can best cope with German tanks (240 Damage, although the impact should be greater because it is 152 mm, 152, Karl).
    Let common sense prevail, need to understand that 152 mm is a large caliber, hence the damage and armor penetration should be greater.

1 year ago
    PanzerFutzPanzerFutz Melbourne, OzPosts: 346

@SomeguyfromIdaho @thedarkarmadillo @Romanov I'd like to express my support for the idea of keeping the Pak43 but making it an emplacement. It's actually quite strange that it isn't already, given that it can't be moved.

I'd also like to second the idea of giving Stormtroopers a different set of grenades. Variety is the spice of life so, it would be good to see them with a unique combination. Something like the grenades from the OKW Feuersturm Assault package sounds pretty good - potato mashers, incendiaries and smoke... mmmm, smells good.

1 year ago
    Naya_TyanNaya_Tyan Russia Posts: 129

And you know this is a good ability in Heavy tanks (KV-2 and Kv-8) "Inspire".
    But there is "BUT"!
    1) It is better to make the ability passive (permanently), then the players of the Soviet nation will take heavy tanks this IS-2, KV-8 and KV-2
    2) Passive ability "Inspire" make available from 1 veterans.
    3) I swami agree that you gave KV-2 to 3 veterans.
    -Veterancy 3 speed bonus replaced with 0.8 received damage.

Will the Commissioner have any passive capacity?

1 year ago

@PanzerFutz and @Romanov

Perhaps stormtroopers bundle grenade could be replaced with the volk flame grenade and infiltration grenades

1 year ago
    ImperialDaneImperialD… Posts: 3,170 mod

Well i feel like they are pushing Mechanized a bit too hard with all of these additions and it is starting to become a bit.. much ? Dodge trucks, halftracks, mortar halftracks, combined arms and now cavalry riflemen. No other doctrine is straight up going to offer such a package, so i do feel like they might want to take a step back there and maybe switch something over to armour instead at the very least.

Moving on to Defensive doctrine, the issue is atm it's basically an Osttruppen doctrine with StuGs Es, and the Pak43 just feels out of place with the rest there essentially, the StuG makes the doctrine naturally more aggressive. I'd probably suggest either replacing the StuG E with something else like a Heavy Mortar maybe (the germans used plenty of those) or maybe the PaK43 with a Jagdpanzer IV.

Elite Armoured still feels.. pretty not-elite. And replacing that contested ability with something more elite would be an idea, either an armoured halftrack or maybe some sort of Begleit Grenadier Squad that could mark targets for the tanks and otherwise support them could be an idea.

As for the Stormtroopers, their DPS feels alright, but the boobytrap just feels out of place, whenever i use the stormtroopers the last thing i've got in my mind is boobytraps. I'd rather see something like Smoke Grenades, Panzerfausts or maybe a Mark Target ability, seeing as they will be used as the tip of the spear being able to further add some initial punch there could be an idea.

1 year ago

@SomeguyfromIdaho said:
    Perhaps stormtroopers bundle grenade could be replaced with the volk flame grenade and infiltration grenades

I am not a big fan of the infiltration grenades, especially on a 4 man-squad, since they are so inaccurate compared to even a single stick grenade. I would much prefer molotovs over incindiary grenades tbh since the longer throw time and cheaper price would make them more distinct and more of a choice : "Do i want a quick, disruptive explosive grenade or a slower ,more area denial weapon to dislodge infantry and especially HMGs from cover?" I also was in favour of smoke grenades, being so grenade heavy would make them stand out from the other SMG assault units.

@ImperialDane said:
    Moving on to Defensive doctrine, the issue is atm it's basically an Osttruppen doctrine with StuGs Es, and the Pak43 just feels out of place with the rest there essentially, the StuG makes the doctrine naturally more aggressive. I'd probably suggest either replacing the StuG E with something else like a Heavy Mortar maybe (the germans used plenty of those) or maybe the PaK43 with a Jagdpanzer IV.

Both of the units you suggested as StuG E replacement i would actually agree with. Could we use the russian 120mm mortar model for the Granatwerfer 42? i heared they were very close copies of those soviet mortars.

1 year ago
    SwireksterSwirekster Posts: 11
    edited September 2018

The traps on stormtoopers don't fit at all. They need something to be able to get rid of fuel/ammo caches. Flame granade would be nice tool for that, also helping them getting rid of units in the buildings. Removing boundle nade and replacing it with smoke would serve better at making them different from Panzergrens.

1 year ago

I really like all new changes, they're great, keep up the good work ;)

I also wanted to tell about bug I've experienced, valentine in commander revamp mod isn't able to crush infantry, but in the normal version of the game, it's still able to do it.

Also, comissar does have hotkeys messed up a bit, "E" is binded for both retreat point and grenade throw ability.

1 year ago
    Elite armour could buff the commander to provide vet at an increased rate (like for some reason the brit one used to) so OKW might have a chance at seeing some of their armour elite instead of almost vet 4 at most..
    1 year ago
    XlossXloss Posts: 235
    edited September 2018

Stormtoopers

Excellent at close combat,raid, front line assault and ambush they don't really need long range fire power.
    They use camouflage on move to raid front lines. Using cover and smoke to lead the charge.
    Don't come out in buildings.

5 to 6 man squad
    MP44
    Smoke Grenade
    Regular grenade but fast cool down
    Satchel Charge Destroying Building/Bunkers

Remove Panzershreck
    Remove Traps

Infiltration Stormtroopers

Come out in buildings.
    4 man squad
    Regular grenade but fast cool down
    PanzerFaust
    Mines/demo charge
    Traps
    Barbwire/sandbags

Panzershreck upgrade

1 year ago
    @ImperialDane how do you feel about switch from stgs to mp40s? Thematically? (using the word 'historically' grants crucifixion).
    1 year ago
    > @Xloss said:
    > Stormtoopers
    >
    > Excellent at close combat,raid, front line assault and ambush they don't really need long range fire power.
    > They use camouflage on move to raid front lines. Using cover and smoke to lead the charge.
    > Don't come out in buildings.
    >
    > 5 to 6 man squad
    > MP44
    > Smoke Grenade
    > Regular grenade but fast cool down
    > Satchel Charge Destroying Building/Bunkers
    >
    > Remove Panzershreck
    > Remove Traps
    >
    > Infiltration Stormtroopers
    >
    > Come out in buildings.
    > 4 man squad
    > Regular grenade but fast cool down
    > PanzerFaust
    > Mines/demo charge
    > Traps
    > Barbwire/sandbags
    >
    > Panzershreck upgrade

You can't have mobile camo (or any camo for that matter) and a satchel charge that's just..... No.
    1 year ago
    edited September 2018

@thedarkarmadillo said:

Its for infiltration Stormtroopers. They got Demo Charge not Satchel.

Also we really need to look back at Sherman Calliope Cost, Population and upkeeps too high for what it does. Even Katyusha is much better at killing and spammable.

1 year ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,271
    edited September 2018
    > @ImperialDane said:
    > As for the Stormtroopers, their DPS feels alright, but the boobytrap just feels out of place, whenever i use the stormtroopers the last thing i've got in my mind is boobytraps.

It's an infiltration squad with camoflauge that just got improved? What type of squad could possibly be more designed for territory harassment/booby trapping?

And the faust is an absolute no. They now have vetted fallschim camo from the beginning, while still being able to infiltrate. That squad has no business having a faust.
    1 year ago

On the Strumtiger i'd like to see a 25% increase in damage to UKF emplacements that would give it the ability to one shot most UKF fortification. The S-tiger should become a Hard counter to simcity and Turtling tactics imo.

1 year ago
    ImperialDaneImperialD… Posts: 3,170 mod

@Romanov It was a straight up copy of the soviet 120mm, no real differences.

@SquishyMuffin Thematically the mp40s work, though i am still a bit concerned about the much shorter range which requires the 4 man squad to get close, i do feel like they'd prefer smoke grenades instead to help with that a bit.

@SkysTheLimit Stormtroopers, it's an assault squad, mp40s, grenades and what not. YOu seem to be overly focusing on the infiltration element to the point where you seem to ignore literally everything else about the unit which does not cary about booby traps. If they were harassers they'd get long range weapons like the Jaegers. You're not going to go harrassing with Mp40s, you're going to get assaulting and murdering.

And Fallschirmjaegers have Panzerfausts, your point being ? Why does it not have any business having a panzerfaust ?

1 year ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,271
    edited September 2018
    > @ImperialDane said:
    > @SkysTheLimit Stormtroopers, it's an assault squad, mp40s, grenades and what not. YOu seem to be overly focusing on the infiltration element to the point where you seem to ignore literally everything else about the unit which does not cary about booby traps.

It is most certainly not an assault squad, it's an ambush squad. Only has 4 men, now has the best camo in the game, and infiltrates out of buildings, which are usually placed near territory points. BTW I focused on stealth, infiltration, AND squad size. You focused on one thing (which can be changed with an upgrade), and I'm the one ignoring the rest of the unit? Yeah, no.

> @ImperialDane said:
    > If they were harassers they'd get long range weapons like the Jaegers. You're not going to go harrassing with Mp40s, you're going to get assaulting and murdering.

You're going to lead assaults with an expensive 4 man squad? There's a reason "assault" engineers were useless for assaulting, until the fifth man treatment this patch is giving them.

> @ImperialDane said:
    > And Fallschirmjaegers have Panzerfausts, your point being ? Why does it not have any business having a panzerfaust ?

Fallschims do not spawn instantly in a building, and they do not have camo to begin with. A plane literally flies over the the place they drop, warning you that there's something going on. Unlike infiltration, which is a magical teleportation with no warning whatsoever. And the squad could walk out of the building and immediately become invisible. They are hardly comparable
    1 year ago
    Harassment doesn't have to be skirmishing. Poking the back line and ambushing is harassment as well. Anything that is a thorn in the enemies side is harassment. Making the enemy second guess their lines and spend resources finding the storms is a result of harassment.
    1 year ago
    PanzerFutzPanzerFutz Melbourne, OzPosts: 346

I just acquired the Wehrmacht Defensive and the Soviet Urban Defense commanders so, now I feel able to comment on them.

Wehrmacht Defensive commander seems quite good. Consolidating Entrenching Tools and Tank Traps into one slot is a huge step in the right direction. I hope it also applies to the Osttruppen doctrine. Hull Down was thematically correct for this doctrine but, the StuG III is more useful. It provides some offensive options without being overly powerful. The Osttruppen Squad is also thematically correct, given that they are seen as a defensive infantry unit. There aren't many alternatives - perhaps Ambush Training or Riegel Anti-tank Mines - and the infantry unit is probably the most flexible of those choices. I still think the Pak43 fits this doctrine so, I wouldn't want to see it go, even if they did introduce a German heavy mortar (which I don't think they will).

Urban Defense is a mixed bag but, not having the commander until now I can't really say whether it's better or not. I can't really speak to the doctrine buffs because, I haven't played this commander under previous incarnations. To me, losing Vehicle Detection in favor of Shock Troops is one of those things that depends on your play style. If you like intel abilities, it's probably a bit of a loss. But, if you prefer offensive capability, this change is a positive.

The KV-2 seems like the biggest change to the doctrine. The munitions-intensive but low Command Points Incendiary Barrage is gone and the low-munitions but high CP KV-2 takes its place. I like seeing the KV-2 somewhere other than Soviet Industry (which is a strange doctrine with both Crew Repairs and Repair Station) but, it takes a long time to arrive. The beauty of the Incendiary Barrage was that it was available early and didn't cost a lot. The downside was that, in this doctrine, its broad strike radius meant it would usually damage a lot more than just the target. The KV-2 is more precise in that respect but, you have to wait twice as long to get it and you'll need to save room for it in your population that could be otherwise filled by up to 3 other units.

The weirdest addition to this doctrine is the new Field Camp. I'll overlook the fact that the tent has a big British roundel on it, instead of a red star, and instead focus on its redundancy in this doctrine. It replicates what can already be achieved with an ambient building without offering anything different. I'm guessing that it was included so this doctrine could be used on maps with few buildings but, if you're using Urban Defense on a map without any urban in it, you should suffer the consequences for that poor choice. The Field Camp would be ideal for use in combination with the Commissar Squad as it now stands. The Commissar could act as a Retreat Point, while the Field Camp could provide medical attention. This would give the Soviets the "heal away from base" ability I've been banging on about so much in this thread. The Field Camp would make much more sense under the NKVD commander.

For those who have suggested the Commissar needs more combat ability, go look up what a commissar actually did. They weren't military officers; they were political officers. They weren't fighters; they were cheerleaders with the authority to punish anyone who didn't show sufficient "cheer". This is why their veterancy should be like that of the Command Panther - their buffs relate to those around them, not themselves. They should also receive shared experience, mostly gaining experience from being in the vicinity of those who are doing the fighting and only getting a little bit from their own contributions. I really hope we'll see an accurate version of this unit at some point because, we ain't there yet.

1 year ago
    szolnok95szolnok95 Posts: 54
    edited September 2018

We have a very big problem here: If we want "balance" in this game, Relic/Sega should work on this this all the time, not just on occasion.

Why they doing pathches with contradiction? If u check the old changelogs: in the past they made the Panther front armor thicker(320) because M36 was "OP" against it.
    After a year: They reduced the Panther front armor(260) and made the M36 stronger. What the heck Relic?!

OKW still don't have fuel caches. They had fuel/mun converter in the past instead of caches. But they removed it. OKW didnt get compensate.
    If u want play 4vs4 example: 4 OKW vs Allies: Late game:Ultimate allies victory with tank spam.(fuel cache give them much more fuel)
    And DO NOT SAY:" Bring Wehrmacht with u". F*ck off. That is not "balance".

US has very good close combat units: Airborne,Rangers, and now Cavalry inf.

USSR has very OP Shock Troops which getting buffed now.

UK has OP airborne inf too.

OKW: has OP sturmpioners and airborne inf.(But Fallschirmjäger cant win against schock or ranger/airborne/ UK commando in 1vs1--->Balance?!)

Wehrmacht has:Pzgrens they are good but same problem against the allies as with the Fallschirmjäger.
    They HAD OP stoormtroopers they MAYBE won against allied close combat units, but now with mp40s:NO chance.

Where is the "balance"?

Or okey allies have better close combat units like in real life, but then please for f*ck sake: germans should have "op" tanks.

But everything can pen them: su 76, firefly never bounce, m36 same no bounce.

Comet: op against tanks/inf and often got bounce from Panther. And the

Panther is the most useless tank in the game now. Very inaccurate while moving(not like the Comet)
    Can bounce very often from Comet,Is2,Churchill,ISU.
    Panther spam vs M36 spam:M36 won. So Panther not so good against tanks.
    Neither against inf..and for 185 fuel its useless. Its like almost a stug with more HP. But stug has better fire rate.

Please make a decision RELIC: "real advantages/disadvantages" OR "balanced advantages/disadvantages"

1 year ago

@szolnok95 said:
    We have a very big problem here: If we want "balance" in this game, Relic/Sega should work on this this all the time, not just on occasion.

Why they doing pathches with contradiction? If u check the old changelogs: in the past they made the Panther front armor thicker(320) because M36 was "OP" against it.
    After a year: They reduced the Panther front armor(260) and made the M36 stronger. What the heck Relic?!

OKW still don't have fuel caches. They had fuel/mun converter in the past instead of caches. But they removed it. OKW didnt get compensate.
    If u want play 4vs4 example: 4 OKW vs Allies: Late game:Ultimate allies victory with tank spam.(fuel cache give them much more fuel)

OKW: has OP sturmpioners and airborne inf.(But Fallschirmjäger cant win against schock or ranger/airborne/ UK commando in 1vs1--->Balance?!)

Wehrmacht has:Pzgrens they are good but same problem against the allies as with the Fallschirmjäger.
    They HAD OP stoormtroopers they MAYBE won against allied close combat units, but now with mp40s:NO chance.

Where is the "balance"?

Or okey allies have better close combat units like in real life, but then please for f*ck sake: germans should have "op" tanks.

Panther is the most useless tank in the game now. Very inaccurate while moving(not like the Comet)
    Neither against inf..and for 185 fuel its useless. Its like almost a stug with more HP. But stug has better fire rate.

Please make a decision RELIC: "real advantages/disadvantages" OR "balanced advantages/disadvantages"

Are you playing axis only?

1 year ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 641
    edited September 2018
    1. Jacksons gain hp & pen; but lower accuracy, range,damage and higher cost. I prefer old Jackson.

2. The game is never balance in games 3v3 4v4, 4 OKW can be a nightmare in lategame to Axis, but 1 OST in the team can push 3 OKW resource while they rampage Allies in early game. I had a game where a King appeared at 12min (cache & fuel drop from OST to a OKW player). While the starting location even brings a huge difference to Allies in start game.

3. Ranger(400mp) & Para(380mp) need ~100ammo to upgrade guns, without it, even 2 Para lose to a Fall(380mp). Commandos start with 3men, it need 450mp in total to get the squad in full power. Shocktroops(390mp) being the best raw power anti infantry & dont need upgraded, but their grenade is the worst. Only Commandos & Falls can camo.

What is Allies CQC infantry weakness? unlike Falls, all of them have nothing to harm tanks.
    Falls faust on an Allies tank retreating will make sure it gets engine damaged. They also have the best hand grenade.
    We can not ask Falls to be 380mp with 6men squad, no need upgrade guns with faust & the best grenade

Panther 180fuel vs Jackson 140fuel / 50range vs 55range (is not like Jackson can outrange Panther like old time)
    Spamming 3 Panthers (OKW) vs 3 Jackson? Only OST builds 3 Panthers, OKW get a King & a Panther instead.

• King can take 8 shot, Panther can take 5 shot (total 13). 3 Jackson can take 12 shot.
    • 3 Panthers can take 15 shot in total. 3 Jackson can take 12 shot.
    • Everything pen Jackson, not every Jackson bullet pen King.
    • Panthers have speed to escape Jackson. Jackson never outrun from Panther chase
    • Panthers dont mind when they encounter infantry (except Tank infantry section, Penal)
    • Jacksons run when they see Volks.
    • Build 3 Jacksons just to counter Axis tanks?

You can only see the cons on Axis & pros on Allies. Im an Allies player, I pointed it out so you know what pros Axis has and cons Allies has in Allies player perspective. I lose because I dont play Axis (I dont know their cons) and make mistakes in a game.

1 year ago

@WilhelmIX said:

@szolnok95 said:

Where is the "balance"?

Are you playing axis only?

Definitely Not!!!!

1 year ago
    mrdjjag81mrdjjag81 Posts: 268
    edited September 2018

I like the changes and tryed it for some good hours now. KV-2 is good now and usefull, one thing that could be looked in to futher on it is when its in "stationared mood" it should have its closest range when it can shoot halfed or something, even better - from zero. Everything easly get close to it, yet stand pretty far away from it without the tank even notice them. I know you can be mobil again but for excample, osterns "hulldown" ability dosent suffer from this, those tanks are still able to shoot at you no matter how close you are with you're inf, tanks or at guns.

1 year ago
    edited September 2018

Defensive Tactics (Community) Revamp

2 cp Defensive Tactics

Merge Anti-Personel Mines and tank traps then
    add MACHINE GUN EMPLACEMENT same model with base MG

2cp Dskha MG

2cp 120mm Mortar

2cp M42 AT gun

ML-20 or ISU-152 or Any other Unit or Abilities.

1 year ago
    BitBit CanadaPosts: 2

@Bit said:
    Any chance we can see the XML files so we can check things like the new Stormtrooper MP40 accuracy? Or how much the buff is on the new Grenadier veteran squad leader?

So that's a "no" then?

1 year ago
    edited September 2018

Increasingly, I wonder "what's the use of ISU-152?". The damage is 240 instead of 300, armor penetration is very small. If you compare them, the Jagdtiger and Ferdinand are much better than the ISU-152. It should be noted that the German machines installed 128 mm gun, but the Soviet machine, which should be the most powerful anti-tank unit of the Allies, 152 mm gun. No, DShK doesn't help against tanks, concrete-blasting projectile does not make sense, and the change to high-explosive projectile has no effect when the Germans have a great many Panthers, tigers, or just 1 Jagdtiger or Ferdinand. Explain why the huge fly, 152 mm shell has to put so little? Why am I not sane ? Why is everyone saying that this is a good technique, although in fact it is terrible, oblique, with a small penetration and damage technique is referred to in the game as "Zveroboy" - "beast killer". There must be justice and common sense. If you see it in comparison ISU-152, Jagdtiger and Ferdinand, let me know.