Feedback - Commander Revamp

Comments

1 year ago

Finally OKW get some "caches". So if u want OKW "cahes" u have to bring Elite armor?
    Its like if u want caches with Wehrmacht u have to bring Assault Support Doctrine.

And: Where is the Wehrmacht retreat point unit? (If we talking about balance)

1 year ago

@szolnok95 said:
    Finally OKW get some "caches". So if u want OKW "cahes" u have to bring Elite armor?
    Its like if u want caches with Wehrmacht u have to bring Assault Support Doctrine.

And: Where is the Wehrmacht retreat point unit? (If we talking about balance)

Agree, still something than nothing i think. I supporting OKW caches since disable mecha. conversion. Maybe some day.
    And yes if we talking about balance wehrmacht should have some soft of forward retreat point if commisar stays.

There are some major problems

1 year ago
    SwireksterSwirekster Posts: 11
    edited September 2018

as for 250 halftruck, the ability doesn't fit that well the mobile unit. Even with 50% damage reduction it is a sitting duck full of soldiers ready to blow up with it. The abilility should fit that aspect, aka support troops that are inside of it. The idea of movement penalty but adding extra accuarycy to the unit inside sounds much better for it.

1 year ago
    > @szolnok95 said:
    > Finally OKW get some "caches". So if u want OKW "cahes" u have to bring Elite armor?
    > Its like if u want caches with Wehrmacht u have to bring Assault Support Doctrine.
    >
    > And: Where is the Wehrmacht retreat point unit? (If we talking about balance)

That's because they were designed to not have them. Kinda like how if usf wants a heavy tank they need to pick heavy cav, or if the brits want rocket arty they have to pick land cancer, or if where wants 5 man squads they need to use the new infantry doctrine. Doctrines bring new things and stats to the faction. That's the whole point of them....
    1 year ago
    PanzerFutzPanzerFutz Melbourne, OzPosts: 346

Relic gives 1 Soviet commander 1 unit which can act as a retreat point with healing ability and some people start losing their sh*t. Crazy!

@szolnok95 And: Where are the Soviet bunkers? (If we're talking about balance) [Sarcasm, for those who can't tell]

1 year ago
    I'm wondering about Lendlease Sherman, would it be changed the same way as an US Sherman in the upcoming patch or not?
    1 year ago

@Boris_yeltsin said:
    I'm wondering about Lendlease Sherman, would it be changed the same way as an US Sherman in the upcoming patch or not?

It will be cheaper like USF sherman, but only USF sherman will get HVAP rounds

1 year ago

And still missing some sort of granade on Jager infranty in overwatch doc. (rifle granade could be amazing)

1 year ago

@WilhelmIX написал:

@Boris_yeltsin said:

It will be cheaper like USF sherman, but only USF sherman will get HVAP rounds

In the 1.3 patch both Shermans got it's fuel cost decreased to 125 points. And hey, why would the Soviets need another tank without both penetration AND armor? It'd be better make it American way. And I also think, they should make it's fuel cost 145 and increase it's HP to 720 points.

1 year ago

I don't understand, why the KV leaves the stationary mode so slowly. Entrenched Wehrmacht armor leaves caponiers immedeatly and rushes into battle without any delay.

1 year ago

@PanzerFutz said:
    Relic gives 1 Soviet commander 1 unit which can act as a retreat point with healing ability and some people start losing their sh*t. Crazy!

@szolnok95 And: Where are the Soviet bunkers? (If we're talking about balance) [Sarcasm, for those who can't tell]

True.
    Where is the Su-100? Where is the Jagdpanther?
    But this commisar thing is same bullshit like the OKW 222 cache.

1 year ago

UKF

The tactical support commander is really heading in the wrong direction IMO.

1. Nobody is going to spend a whopping 60 fuel converting any building into a FOP, the abilities on the FOP isn't cheap in terms of munitions either, it's a massive investment for something that can be destroyed very easily by any offmap ability. Honestly, this ability should just be removed entirely. I would much rather have a straight up offmap ability than an FOP that I have to buy first with 60 fuel in order to access offmap abilities for this commander.
    2. The air supply operations is just a boring ability, and is a little too binary, in that anyone playing this commander is going to use it because it's so cheap and gives access to mobile mortars for no fuel cost. I would much rather have the M21 Mortar halftrack in place of this ability, it would force UKF to choose between buying the halftrack, building a bofors, or neither in order to tech up faster. Because there's so much fuel spent on infantry section upgrades, UKF especially has to manage fuel well. This commander would add a powerful indirect unit for UKF in return for the fuel cost which requires decision making on the player's end.
    3. I wish the veterancy for recovery sappers became more combat oriented. I want them to be stronger as frontline infantry that can go toe to toe with German infantry when upgraded with Vickers and Brens.
    1 year ago
    GLHFGLHF Posts: 2

I tried the latest version of the Wehrmacht Defensive & the OKW Elite Armour doctrine, and I for one think it brings much needed change.

The introduction of the concrete bunker means a more secure defensive position, instead of the softer and more primitive counterpart (aka the nearly one shot/bombardment bunker). The concrete bunker cant be obliterated in mere seconds, which means a part of the push must destroy whats left of the hp.

The only change I might suggest, is perhaps to up it one CP to build, or add a small fuel cost (250MP already means one squad less on the field). Adding a pop cost will really creep up the already bloated commander options, which would be imo a too big discouragment. The option for the MG is self explanatory, although the repair station also makes an interesting choice (although the repair crew is quite slow). The buildtime is ok, it takes two construction teams nearly a minute to build...

The OKW halftrack/cache is also a great addition, although its weird only one 221 can be upgraded to a cache capable 223. Other than that, its great to have some more fuel/munition, which can shorten the time a little for the actual armor.

The drawback of this is fair (320MP and 20 fuel each) for the cache option, aka less manpower and pop for your army. The vehicle detection is handy, although the range is sometimes too small for bigger maps...

1 year ago

Hello there,

So... I am not sure where exactly I am suppose to write the feedback on bugs for this mod, but I will quickly write things down here, maybe someone else has encountered the following problems:

I tested out the new Osther stuff and here are some observations:

Repair bunkers:
    For some reason, only 1 out of the three pioneers that spawn on it are actually repairing the tank. The rest is standing around and/or welding the air. Also had a bug where the tank was repaired, but all 3 pioneers were welding the air.

As for the 250:
    This thing is a rather odd one...

• It does not reinforce units even though the description says it, so... I think that the ingame description might have an error.
    • If you have 5 man squads in it, it does not have weapon priority for special weapons: For example, if you put a 5 man pioneer squad in it and rush a building with a flamethrower, all 4 continue shooting with mp40s.
      • I got them to shoot the flamethrower somehow, but it is rather random if they do of if they don't. Is there a delay for switching positions and such on that thing?
    • If you put Stormtroopers into the thing, they remain cloaked. just a funny observation.
    • I tried to put in Stormtroopers and set them to hold fire. This held for a certain amount of time, however, ordering the vehicle to attack, only makes the machinegun of the 250 fire, not the units within it.
      • Even weirder is that at some point over the tries, after the 250 took some damage, the stormtroopers started to shoot out of it. A bit more constancy would be appropriated.

But yeah, those were some observations I made during testing.

Other than that, I know it sounds stupid, but.... why did the LefH18 get a direct shot ability? I mean, maybe I am to silly to realize why it is good, but with it's really limited range and with the vet5 requirement, the slow animation and the relatively small explosive radius, I think that most people can easily dodge that shot. Especially if you consider when you use it, something has already gone horribly wrong and you are about to lose your arty. But yeah, that is just my thought on the thing, but I am happy to be swayed otherwise as well.

1 year ago

Other than that, I know it sounds stupid, but.... why did the LefH18 get a direct shot ability? I mean, maybe I am to silly to realize why it is good, but with it's really limited range and with the vet5 requirement, the slow animation and the relatively small explosive radius, I think that most people can easily dodge that shot. Especially if you consider when you use it, something has already gone horribly wrong and you are about to lose your arty. But yeah, that is just my thought on the thing, but I am happy to be swayed otherwise as well.

It was here mention before 1.5 and no respond.. no change

1 year ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 641

I request a small buff on Commissar & Captain. Since Sturmoffizier boost team mate infantry PASSIVELY, Pazner/Panther command boost team mate tanks PASSIVELY. Can Commissar boost team mate infantry, because there is no Guard/Shock in the commander, also the old Captain can boost team mate build time?

1 year ago

@C3Tooth said:
    I request a small buff on Commissar & Captain. Since Sturmoffizier boost team mate infantry PASSIVELY, Pazner/Panther command boost team mate tanks PASSIVELY. Can Commissar boost team mate infantry, because there is no Guard/Shock in the commander, also the old Captain can boost team mate build time?

sure commissar will retreat/heal/buff/debuff enemy/throw granade... cmon... please take it seriously.

1 year ago

To be fair, the Commissar is a bit of a camel (AKA a horse designed by committee).

What I wanted to see was an officer unit which had some passive buffs and a healing ability. Some players wanted a combat officer like the Sturmoffizier. Other players wanted a combat-support officer like the US Major.

What we've got at the moment is a mix of all of these ideas: retreat point like the US Major; Prop Arty like the Sturmoffizier; some buffs and healing-away-from-base like every other faction has; and some grenades to satisfy those who wanted another combat unit.

Mostly people seem to be complaining about the abilities they didn't want, while ignoring the fact that other people did want them. As a result, the Commissar has become the jack-of-all-trades unit. It shouldn't be a surprise that he's master of none or that he's a cause of so much angst.

However, a bit of perspective would be nice. It is just 1 unit under 1 doctrine - a doctrine that was so terrible in its previous form that no player in their right mind would have used it. The sky is not going to fall because of this change.

1 year ago

I would rather rework the sturmofficer than the commissar if i am honest. He is by far the worst Officer in the game for the fact that if not simply the squad, but the officer MODEL dies (which is very random) it can shut down your entire infantry force surrounding him. No other officer has that sort of problem.

1 year ago

@Romanov I made some suggestions in the OKW Revamp thread regarding the Sturmoffizier but, unfortunately the Breakthrough doctrine wasn't selected for revamping.

I think the side-effect you're talking about is meant to balance the Sturmoffizier's powerful passive buffs. Those buffs turn accompanying infantry into master assault troops, in a manner similar to the British Air Landing Officer but without a time limit or munitions cost. If the officer model dies, not only do you lose the buffs but, your infantry are routed. It sucks when it happens but, it kind of makes sense. If they removed that feature, they'd also have to remove the passive buffs.

Who knows? Maybe they'll get around to changing it in the next revamp.

1 year ago
    edited September 2018

Sturmoffizier has the least skill, but boost 20% accuracy to all infantry around him (even Weh teammate), combine with Fusilier longrange rifle, they will bleed your manpower at far distance that you cant even tech.
    At least the weakness is all infantry retreat when Offizier dies (not sure if it apply to teammate infantry, too). But that doesnt bleed their manpower, it just give you 45sec and the blob go back on the field again.

Sturmoffizier passive 20% accuracy buff to all Axis infantry is far greater than Commissar buff 1 squad for every 30sec.

1 year ago
    XlossXloss Posts: 235
    edited September 2018

Defensive Tactics (Community) Soviet Commander Revamp

2 cp Defensive Tactics
    Merge Anti-Personel Mines and Sandbag & tank traps then
    add MACHINE GUN EMPLACEMENT same model with base MG

2cp Dskha MG

2cp 120mm Mortar

2cp M42 AT gun

ML-20 or ISU-152 or Any other Unit or Abilities.

Any updates to this Soviet Commander?
    Any suggestion?

1 year ago

@Xloss said:
    Defensive Tactics (Community) Soviet Commander Revamp

2 cp Defensive Tactics
    Merge Anti-Personel Mines and Sandbag & tank traps then
    add MACHINE GUN EMPLACEMENT same model with base MG

2cp Dskha MG

2cp 120mm Mortar

2cp M42 AT gun

ML-20 or ISU-152 or Any other Unit or Abilities.

Any updates to this Soviet Commander?
    Any suggestion?

The two Soviet commanders that are being revamped is URBAN DEFENSE and NKVD RIFLE DISRUPTION

1 year ago

@SomeguyfromIdaho I was about to say the same thing but, you beat me to it.

@C3Tooth Thanks for the details. I was under the impression there is also a Received Suppression buff as well but, I could be mistaken. If you're aware of it, I would appreciate the info. Thanks.

1 year ago

NKVD RIFLE DISRUPTION
    The new the commissar is a fun but jack of all trades unit. Tho I find it weird conscripts can't merge with don't know if that is a bug or a design decision. I would like to see to the commissar given a Infiltration grenades type ability.

ELITE ARMOUR
    since the 221/223 have been added to the OKW arsenal i've been thinking about possible vet4 and 5 since as of now the unit is limited to vet 3

VET4: To boost combat effectiveness against light AFVs and Massed Infantry 221/223 can now use Incendiary Armor Piercing Rounds ability.

VET5: To incentivise players to achieve maximum Veterancy with the 223 its income generation is increased by 50%

GERMAN INFANTRY DOCTRINE
    the changes to this commander are really good, but i'm hoping the Veteran Squad Leaders will get some love in upcoming updates. At the very least I would like the VSL for Grenadiers g43 replaced with a stg44 which would be a better fit both thematically and help the VSL to be a more competitive with comparable upgrades.

1 year ago

@SomeguyfromIdaho NKVD - It's definitely a design decision, added in the last patch (see patch notes). I think it's to stop people from topping up the Commissar in the field. This forces him to retreat to base for replacements, limiting his ability to endlessly absorb punishment while healing the units around him. Kind of makes sense.

German Infantry - I really like your ideas on VSL's but, I'm not sure the designers feel the same way. I don't know if we'll see any more changes to them. With the Grenadiers, I think the idea is to turn them into a long-range 5-man Fusiliers squad, with the G43 and scopes for the 4 Mausers. The StG44 doesn't really fit that idea. It would make more sense if the other models were given G43's and the leader came with the StG44. Then the unit would be better for rapid-fire combat at middle distances.

Elite Armor - I don't have this commander but, I do like seeing the introduction of a new light armor unit for the OKW. It opens the door for swapping out the "Uhu" to Special Operations and making the 221 a core unit in its place. With the 223 upgrade, it would fix the OKW supply anomaly and give it a more "Panzer Elite" feel. I really like that idea but, I'm not sure about how other people will feel about it.

1 year ago

@PanzerFutz

The NKVD makes more since now you've explained it

On the VSL im gonna keep bringing it up until my some ideas are implemented and/or the commander revamp is released. At bare minimum I would rather spend 60mu for a Gren with a stg44 than a gren with a g43.

1 year ago
    Naya_TyanNaya_Tyan Russia Posts: 129

To be honest! The Commissioner is well suited to the role of support. Why?

• Point of retreat
    • Among his detachment there is a Medic

I think it is necessary to remove:

• Grenade
    • Standing Your Ground
    • Fight to the Death
      Why do we need to remove them?
      1) Because the Pomegranate is not needed by the NKVD and the commissar, if to do then a grenade is available for recruits, which replace them with Molotov Cocktail.
      2) Abilities that are free and act only on the infantry (there is no effect on the stun gun), there is no reason to leave them better to do one of them. "Passive" is either "Defense" or "Attack".
      3-1) Passive Attack - Increases damage to friendly units around the Commissioner by 25%.
      3-2) Passive ability Protection - Reduces incoming damage taken to friendly units around the commissar by 20%.

KV-8 should be removed from the NKVD Tactics.
    He does not play an important role. Earlier it could be ordered, and now the building.
    KV-8 should be replaced by something else.
    For example, "T-34-85 Komissarsky" or "T-34-76 Komissarsky."
    It increases the aura for technology6

• 20% damage
    • 15% viewing range

Why does KV-8 not represent a good tank?

• Weak damage to flamethrowers.
    • Before, you could order now to build. When the enemy has a "Truck Flamethrower".
    • Slowly earns experience.

A Tactics URBAN DEFENSE without comment.
    Because, everything is done well. especially the addition of KB-2.

1 year ago

I totally agree with COMMISSAR_SQUAD_RU on making Commissar a support role instead of fighting. Remove grenade

To me 'Fight to the death' is the most useless skill for this commander, since there is no elite infantry, this skill fits Shocktroop better. Remove Fight to the death

How about give him Toggle mode on or off 'Stand your ground' (gain defense, lower speed). This will be a counter play to SturmOffizer. Since he can act as a retreat point, this will fit him the best.

With these change, Commissar is no long a fighting squad, make it a 3 men squad.

1 year ago
    Naya_TyanNaya_Tyan Russia Posts: 129
    edited September 2018

@C3Tooth
    Just a new Unit (Commissioner) plays a not clear role.

• If there is a doctor, why grenade?
    • If there is a point of retreat, why the ability (Fight to the Death and Standing Your Ground)
    • If there is no Aura, then think of something or give it a "Coordinated Fire". (This ability gives Katyusha a volley that the commissioner gave the order)

You can make 3 people (Commissioner, Medic and Guard).
    It is necessary to change Medica:

• Decrease in accuracy.
    • Because she's a doctor, she heals faster.
    • Decrease the accuracy of it.

Recommended then to make Kamissara so (By ability)
    1) Point of retreat on = you can with your fighters retreat to the point of retreat and treat them 2 times faster, outside the battlefield.
    2) Point of retreat off = your fighters will retreat directly to the headquarters, but the treatment will be standard.
    3) Add the ability to "Coordinated Fire" = Since the Wehrmacht has an Artillery commander, why not do it for the Commissar?