[USF][1v1] The Pershing is OP

9 months ago

Problem: It's anti-infantry is too high and it vets up too quick. It's an easy non-tech option for losing USF players in a fairly OP commander in general (I understand some will mention the C-Panther. Of which i'd also like to see added to tech, but it's commander is nowhere near as potent in general).

Solution: Tie to Major tech, nerf it's AI and/or Vet-speed.

Tagged:

Comments

9 months ago
    JackRabbitJackRabbit Posts: 11
    edited September 2018
    Im with you that the Cmmdr is OP but cannot agree about the Persh. It has the same health as a t34/85 while costing 100 more fuel. Obvi it has a lot more armor, but my point is that it's by far the least durable heavy

The combo of rangers, mines for riflemen, the best smoke barrage in the game, and a heavy tank is definiitely too strong IMO. Tho it seems like relic is leaning towards buffing off-meta commanders vs nerfing popular one
    9 months ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,593
    edited September 2018

Solution: Bring a singular Panther.

If you can't handle 1 super late game medium tank, the problem is likely located somewhere between keyboard and a chair.

9 months ago
    XlossXloss Posts: 235
    edited September 2018

WTF mate you can't kill a Pershing? Panther can totally kill it even if it miss a shot or bounced shot.

Panther got 1000 plus (HP Correct me if I'm wrong) much cheaper and got vet 5 when using OKW

Pershing got 800 HP (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Tips:
    Pershing almost don't bounce shot.
    Get 2 Pak40/raktn
    It dies with 5 AT gun shot
    Don't let it vet up to 3 it shoot every 2 secs(only strong point)
    Get tiger which have almost same cost but much much stronger.
    Tiger commander got better abilities vs Pershing.

9 months ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,722

@Xloss said:
    Panther got 1000 plus (HP Correct me if I'm wrong) much cheaper and got vet 5 when using OKW

Panther has 960 HP

9 months ago
    Heavy cav is just really strong. Combined arms is probably his worst ability and it's still pretty useful.

Pershing would be okay on mechanised (replace the 76mm Sherman/dozer upgrade) but to have US' strongest infantry and tank on one Commander seems a bit much
    9 months ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,017
    It's like old armor/rifle company. It has you covered for every stage of the game.

Increasing vet requirements might be worth a look at but anything heavier and you'd be looking at buffing durability to compensate.
    9 months ago
    XlossXloss Posts: 235

@Vipper said:

@Xloss said:

Panther has 960 HP

Thanks. I was expecting to be corrected with that also with Pershing hp.

9 months ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,722

@Xloss said:
    Thanks. I was expecting to be corrected with that also with Pershing hp.

No Pershing has 800 HP you can see hp/armor in Cruzz's file.

9 months ago
    Pershing is the glassiest cannoniest heavy tank there is. It packs a punch but can't take it
    9 months ago
    ValkyrieValkyrie Posts: 2,132

The Pershing is perhaps the best heavy in the game right now, but it's also the first to die. It packs a punch, but definitively can't take one.

For being the best heavy in the game, it's also the easiest to counter of all. Literally a single Panther can beat it.