[USF] [any] Make the Comet tank more of choice again

13»

Comments

2 years ago
    mrgame2mrgame2 Posts: 496
    edited January 2019

Panther did not get buff a lot, wow what a play in language.
    Its specs got turned around, and now perform worser against stronger allies TD.
    lol what health boost?
    If anything, panther overall gets vet easier, thats all. But it is weaker now so you are more likely to lose it.
    There is reason why so many complaints made relic remove its armor. Hint: armor is important.
    Removing armor is fine, but then came the double allies TD boost.

Again Comet is harder to be hit by panther. It is not weaker, it is in good spot.
    The very old comet is bullshit, hard hitting and hard to get hit, that is unbalance.

Brumbar armor and range nerf had zero impact? Ok, now you are just making fun of those who make effort to test and give suggestion to improve the game. Sorry but this is so wrong.

2 years ago
    I like to add, brit choose more Churchill is probably because the allies TD meta is so strong now, they have no need to dive in with armor. Churchill has even more armor and hp than comet!

If relic followed through with my suggestion, give stug/jp4 a penetrating buff, then you can expect more comet.
    2 years ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,681
    edited January 2019

Oh please, get a grip on reality.
    Panther was buffed so much they had to increase its cost for ost to keep it in line.

Brits chose churchill, because it WORKS now, comet does not, take off tinfoil hat and stop coming up with unsupported by anything conspiracy theories that have no ground in actual gameplay.

Oh, and I am talking about 1v1 and 2v2 gameplay.
    (removed)

2 years ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,271
    > @mrgame2 said:
    > lol what health boost?

The one that you don't notice if you're terribly biased and don't play all sides...
    2 years ago
    BeardedragonBeardedra… Posts: 1,495

People go Churchill madness because the comet is under performing.

i mean legit everyone i see, goes for churchills. when i play Wehrmacht, i dont even have to make speculated guesses as to what i will face. I know they will go Churchill.

sure they go churchill and firefly, and thats more of a composition than Comet and Comet, but just because the forced Churchill makes better variation in their gameplay, doesnt mean its okay for the Comet to be trash.

2 years ago

@Beardedragon said:

i mean legit everyone i see, goes for churchills. when i play Wehrmacht, i dont even have to make speculated guesses as to what i will face. I know they will go Churchill.

sure they go churchill and firefly, and thats more of a composition than Comet and Comet, but just because the forced Churchill makes better variation in their gameplay, doesnt mean its okay for the Comet to be trash.

I think Churchill's performance is above its price in current patch. Comparing OKW's Panzer 4 with Churchill, they have very small price difference while Panzer 4 can not threat Churchill at all.

2 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,096
    > @addvaluejack said:
    > @Beardedragon said:
    > People go Churchill madness because the comet is under performing.
    >
    > i mean legit everyone i see, goes for churchills. when i play Wehrmacht, i dont even have to make speculated guesses as to what i will face. I know they will go Churchill.
    >
    > sure they go churchill and firefly, and thats more of a composition than Comet and Comet, but just because the forced Churchill makes better variation in their gameplay, doesnt mean its okay for the Comet to be trash.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I think Churchill's performance is above its price in current patch. Comparing OKW's Panzer 4 with Churchill, they have very small price difference while Panzer 4 can not threat Churchill at all.

There is a massive tech difference between them - besides just the extra fuel cost of anvil, the Brits also pay an opportunity cost locking themselves out of hammer tech.
    2 years ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,681

@addvaluejack said:

@Beardedragon said:

I think Churchill's performance is above its price in current patch. Comparing OKW's Panzer 4 with Churchill, they have very small price difference while Panzer 4 can not threat Churchill at all.

Firepower, mobility, durability.
    P4 got balanced all of the three.

Churchil sacrifices most of mobility for durability(you're not going to chase anything that isn't super heavy) and remember that churchil is a vehicle which costs almost as much as panther while having medium tank gun.

Its a damage sponge and it costs considerably MORE then ost P4, same with KV-1.

2 years ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 900

Churchill, KV1 can not tank Pak43, Elephant, Jadtig.
    Gun only enough to fight Axis Medium & Light, though it's speed can not chase them.

Though with Okw Pz4 speed I believe Pz4 alone can destroy Churchill if there are only 2 tanks fight against each other.
    Just like a Stuart possibly destroy a King tiger

2 years ago
    Yes the Churchill is overpowering for its cost/popcap.
    For 2 Churchill, ost can field 3 stug or 2 p4+1 pak or 1 panther + 1 p4.
    And only panther can reliably pen Churchill armor, even so it needs 9 good shots to take 1 down.
    P4 penetration is a joke, and its window is gone against t3485 and m4c.

When im back home, i opening another suggestion to buff stug penetration, axis is desperately hanging on to panther to dispatch allies tanks and td and heavies.