What happened to Calliope?

6 months ago

Is it me or is it to weak for its Price and Population?
While i see a lot of rocket arty getting good kills on infantry but calliope is just doing so meehhh.

You can buy much cheaper and maintain almost same population count using Katy, Stukka, PnzerWerfer and landmattress.
As a Final ability of a Commander is it really good right now vs the non-doc unit?

Comments

6 months ago
    pablonanopablonano YesterdayPosts: 2,549

because it cant be killed by just intensily looking at it, which means its easier to use on point blank shot without taking as much risks as the other trucks

6 months ago
    XlossXloss Posts: 235

All Rocket Arty arty are hard to kill coz they stay behind the front line.

6 months ago
    pablonanopablonano YesterdayPosts: 2,549

If you think like that thats why you get so low performance on your rockets, because at point blank shot thats when pzwerfer and katiusha whipe out, at max range they will swing from rng bless to completely missing everything, and land mattres can be killed even with the counterbatery of a mortar and not even getting direct hits, and also stolen. Use your strengths properly

6 months ago

Mate it miss a lot of shot even at point blank.

6 months ago
    I agree It does miss alot of shots. It is nice that it is tanky but when it is not doing the job what's the point especially when it cannot defend itself. The volly is extreamly slow so you cant just send it and gtf out of dodge. Out of all rocket arty my least favorit by far. Paying a cost for a calliope attachment to a regular sherman I would gladly do that though :)
    6 months ago

Why can't just give it stats like katyusha?

6 months ago
    38Lightning38Lightni… Posts: 130
    edited October 2018
    At point blank the priest can wipe squads with 1-2 shells and that's tanky to :neutral: comes out sooner with less cp less fuel more range and accuracy with lower cooldown and better commander abilities. So it makes the calliope not very atractive. Maby if the shells had a bit more aoe to cover more area idk. It suffers the same problem as the 240mm call in from armored company.
    6 months ago

This is why i use priest 100% now. Its good at any range and very good destroying tanks and buildings.

6 months ago
    Ya I agree. I rarely use calliope unless I just feel like messing around to see what I can do if anything. Generally I've just wasted my fuel manpower and population overall just to get it destroyed by another tank when most games i would be better off with an HE shell sherman. Kinda like Soviet b4 ,the sherman 105mm and 240mm barage There are just some things in game right now that have not yet been looked into and much harder to play with if you can get them to work at all.
    6 months ago
    edited October 2018

Atleast they reconsider the accuracy of the rockets. It dont fire a lot of rockets like land matress which can get away with slows rocket speed and accuracy.

6 months ago
    Personally I think they just keep getting the aoe of these things wrong. They hit so close and you would think that would hurt or kill beings shratenal and all but no. Just think about it. The sherman fires 6 inch rockets the same as thoes p47s that fly in for anti tank... and the 203mm b4 can land right near a building and barely scratch it unless you get a direct hit. Nothing really feels like it sounds.