Why am I fighting higher levels?

2 years ago
PewPew19PewPew19 Posts: 3
edited October 2018 in New Players

Thanks Relic I have a great game!!!

Seems balanced and fair great matchmaking system that you have here!

Comments

2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,824
    Player base is shrinking. Premades are matched against random, additionally it takes 10 games with a faction to rank you and place you vs your skill level, this also applies to teams. It's a symptom of a small player base and nothing more. Play with teams if you want good team games, otherwise it's a crap shoot.
    2 years ago
    le12role12ro Posts: 2,333 mod
    Moderation input: the title of the thread has been edited to better reflect the content.
    2 years ago
    edited October 2018

Look at the KD ratios then look at the ranks... G-A-R-B-A-G-E

I have to carry??? so let me get this straight the ranking after 10 games thinks I'm high rank or low rank?

Next Qustion, so it places me with a bunch of new players (Noobies) and then I get a a game against a bunch of high hour players?

Your statement thedarar, while I understand it is somewhat contradictory to what is happening in the game.. How about you go back to COH 1 rules and REMOVE TEAMS for 3 v 3 and 4 v 4 auto match???

2 years ago
    edited October 2018

Not to mention extremely toxic community especially towards new players. I did fine in this game where I put up a good number of kills and the guy just berates me, challenges me to a 1 v 1 like he wants to fight me or something. Just constant harassment from this guy after the game in whisper.

In general a very toxic community especially to new players and yes even if they know you're a new player that's like WORST. New players should NOT play this game stay away.. Just bad matches and toxic people all over it's fair to say that there are more toxic players then good character players in this community which is truly sad. But that's your community and it's no wonder if it's shrinking like the previous guy said just toxicity all around.

2 years ago
    I was watching tip videos about CoH2 some weeks ago and one of them was Stormless's video and he was saying you should refresh matchmaking every minute if you want to encounter players that have same level with you. I dont know why he explained it but i don't remind it now anyway im refreshing matchmaking every time and it works usually
    2 years ago

Yea they really adjust Matchmaking to AT (Arranged Teams) and then randoms just like how they did it in COH1 post patch. Although big team games have a huge following it doesn't help anyone to produce a game where you have a bunch of randoms 'of mixed' levels pairs up against an Arranged Team who is then probably gaming the system by taking one arranged player who is of low rank to "Catch" more games. Or even if they don't use a low raned player, it's still more than likely going to be a "bad" game.

The objective at this point should be Quality not Quantity, because at this rate the player base is going to drop even further if the quality of games diminishes any further.

2 years ago
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 132
    edited October 2018

@Levalto said:
    I was watching tip videos about CoH2 some weeks ago and one of them was Stormless's video and he was saying you should refresh matchmaking every minute if you want to encounter players that have same level with you. I dont know why he explained it but i don't remind it now anyway im refreshing matchmaking every time and it works usually