[UKF][ALL] Comet stay imbalanced again

12 months ago
MakcumMakcum Posts: 75
edited October 2018 in Balance Feedback
Problem: I think that it was perfect when you nerfed armor of British and German tanks because in present situation armor gives tanks imbalance and I wrote how you can decide it in other discussion about back speed. Before it wouldn't be done you can't improve armor of any tank except konigstiger because it will break balance. Now every German tank except panzer 4 spam (yeah, now panzer is best German tank in relation to price\quality) is very weak and back Comet to prepatch strength is just hypocrisy and other way of balance is back panther to prepatched variant but it will be step back to imbalanced British and German.
Solution: Nerf Comet's characteristics back and don't touch it before you will decide something about back speed of tanks
Tagged:

Comments

12 months ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,641

Comet is 2nd most underpowered allied tank for at least half a year now.
    First is IS-2 which is unable to hit anything.

12 months ago
    edited October 2018
    I played automatch and my konigstiger couldn't pin Comet 3 times in sequence and you say it is worst tank?
    12 months ago
    (my discussion about back speed was translated to general discussion)
    12 months ago
    pablonanopablonano YesterdayPosts: 2,549
    edited October 2018

The only problem i see with comet is that its performance overshadows churchills and overall the anvil option, seeing it only usefull if you want to take a more supportive approach on teamgames, but overall when the enemy is spamming panthers and they find themselves in a 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 fighting they seem to no perform too well, as their pen seems to not get to the panther lvls, however game is heavily based on rng and its not the first time i saw a t34-76 frontaly kill a panther, even if all odds are agains it, same goes for king tiger agains comet, you were just unlucky there.

12 months ago
    Unfortunately I can't test right now but I will do it in the evening.
    12 months ago
    edited October 2018

@pablonano said:
    The only problem i see with comet is that its performance overshadows churchills and overall the anvil option, seeing it only usefull if you want to take a more supportive approach on teamgames, but overall when the enemy is spamming panthers and they find themselves in a 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 fighting they seem to no perform too well, as their pen seems to not get to the panther lvls, however game is heavily based on rng and its not the first time i saw a t34-76 frontaly kill a panther, even if all odds are agains it, same goes for king tiger agains comet, you were just unlucky there.

Actually, its churchill overshadowing comet completely in current meta.
    Comet is too inaccurate, expensive and ineffective overall with poor aoe profile.
    For tank combat, you're much better getting off churchill to soak and kill infantry and FF to kill armor then to get 2 comets. Compared to panthers, comets penetration is low, it also got lower health and with its rate of fire, it should lose to panther 100% of the time given all the stats of both.

If you've seen T34/76 kill anything better then ost P4 in 1v1, then that other vehicle was not shooting at T34 or something more was shooting at said panther as that scenario is literally impossible, regardless of amount of RNG.

And comet being able to deflect KT shots is nothing extraordinary, its very rare, unlikely to happen and only single tank from each faction can deflect KT shots, for brits, its comet.

OP is as wrong and clueless as it gets, especially considering the fact that he did not provided a single stat in his rant.
    He simply lost a game to bad RNG and decided its a balance issue.

12 months ago
    pablonanopablonano YesterdayPosts: 2,549
    edited October 2018

@Katitof dijo:

@pablonano said:

Frigthening how tides have turned, however the comet its still more versatile and the phosfore smoke its something i like to have at hand, but may be a personal thing as i dont really like to use too many tanks.

If you've seen T34/76 kill anything better then ost P4 in 1v1, then that other vehicle was not shooting at T34 or something more was shooting at said panther as that scenario is literally impossible, regardless of amount of RNG.

I said it as a joke, but i did saw it once, just once though, because the t34-76 missed so hard that it was shooting under the panther causing rear shots and somehow and the panther just missed all the shots, a true sight of planets aligning for such thing.

12 months ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,822
    @Katitof nothing is impossible. I myself have had a T34 that hit a Riegel beat a panther frontally because of good rolls on pen for me and an idiot player that stayed in range, stayed to the death and most importantly kept moving to try and dodge my shots nuking his accuracy. He didn'tand a hit and I didn't bounce once. RNG is RNG and as mine goes its a poor example but is possible...
    12 months ago

Ok, I can believe some whacky stories can happen, had a couple myself in the past, but lets not treat one in a 100000 roll as a "balance problem".

11 months ago
    I couldn't agree more, I know it's semantics but I was just saying it is POSSIBLE. With no way to align RNG correctly and keeping it a full on dice roll you could have a puma solo an is-2 frontally, hell I had a kv-2 lose 1 on 1 with a Rak as I sat in disbelief. But enough of that. I'll stick on topic here on out
    11 months ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,723

A KT has around 69% to penetrate a Comet frontally at max range.

11 months ago
    mrdjjag81mrdjjag81 Posts: 264

@Katitof said:

@pablonano said:

Actually, its churchill overshadowing comet completely in current meta.
    Comet is too inaccurate, expensive and ineffective overall with poor aoe profile.
    For tank combat, you're much better getting off churchill to soak and kill infantry and FF to kill armor then to get 2 comets. Compared to panthers, comets penetration is low, it also got lower health and with its rate of fire, it should lose to panther 100% of the time given all the stats of both.

Dont forget the awesomeoness how "Relic felt" that it didnt need 50 range to compete with Command Panthers range for excample, lol. It was better of with 45, Comet is a joke right now thinking of how late it comes and what impact it has - Nothing literally

11 months ago
    Comet didn't need 50 range. It was a Pershing with less aoe a that you could mass. It was too much.
    11 months ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,268
    45 range on the comet is fine. I don't think the moving accuracy multiplier should've been nerfed however. The cromwell was the tank that didn't deserve better moving accuracy, the comet definitely does. Especially since it's scatter and range were nerfed in the same patch.

Give it back the moving accuracy multiplier of .75 would be a nice place to start IMO
    11 months ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,034
    I like bringing back .75 move accuracy. The Comet should be encouraged to use the 5 range + mobility to help it slap around German mid tier tanks/slow af heavies. It might even be worth looking in to the acceleration to make it a bit more responsive seeings as it doesn't have durability to fall back on like the Panther (at least not in the same degree).
    11 months ago
    I agree moving acc was over the top given the other nerfs.
    11 months ago
    HingieHingie Posts: 1,991

@Lazarus said:
    seeings as it doesn't have durability to fall back on like the Panther (at least not in the same degree).

Dont know about that. Its got 1 hit worth less HP and 30 more armour than the Panther as it is. Seems pretty similar to me.

11 months ago

@Hingie said:

@Lazarus said:
    seeings as it doesn't have durability to fall back on like the Panther (at least not in the same degree).

Dont know about that. Its got 1 hit worth less HP and 30 more armour than the Panther as it is. Seems pretty similar to me.

(that's to both of you)

Comparing raw stats with no context serves no purpose and means nothing.

Higher armor doesn't mean much, when it fights against units with much higher penetration overall.

And with how top tier TDs and Panthers are with their penetration, its the raw health that matters most, not the actual armor, unless we're talking 375+ armor units.

11 months ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,268
    @Hingie Well one of those units gets +26 armor at vet 2 so I would reconsider that statement. 1 more shot of health is much better than 30 more armor.

The armor difference (before panther vet 2) translates to a whopping 7% difference in penetration chances for AT guns. I'd take the extra shot everytime