[SOV][ALL]Improve anti-rifle guns!

7 months ago
Naya_TyanNaya_Tyan Russia Posts: 123
edited October 2018 in Balance Feedback

I believe that the Soviet PTRS-41 and the British Boys need to improve the performance from the beginning with the technique.

Step one! It is necessary to increase their damage to 100-120. Why?
Pancergrenadiers are armed with two Panzerschreki which makes them more effective against the Tanks and cars, and they also have STG-44 (effectively at any distance) against the infantry. These are universal troops.

Step two!
Make the Soviet PTRS-41 and the British Boys more effective against infantry and easel guns. Accuracy against infantry by + 25% - + 35% and easel guns increase accuracy by 45% and damage by 25%.

Step three! We are removing the Soviet PTRV-41 from the Penalty and Conscripts Squad. Since there are Universal Soldiers of the Red Army, these are Guardsmen.
The British Boys can add to the second commanders or change.

Comments

7 months ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,789
    No.
    7 months ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,017
    > @Commissar_Squad_RU said:
    > Step one! It is necessary to increase their damage to 100-120.

Guys, I know what we should do next April 1st
    7 months ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,268

@Commissar_Squad_RU said:
    Pancergrenadiers are armed with two Panzerschreki which makes them more effective against the Tanks and cars, and they also have STG-44 (effectively at any distance) against the infantry. These are universal troops.

Pgrens that have been upgraded with shrecks are literally the least universal of all the AT squads in the game.

7 months ago
    HingieHingie Posts: 1,982

Dont know what you guys are complaining about. Anti-Rifle guns are extremely underpowered in the game. Almost never do I see one work in practice. They always seem to hit the soldier carrying the rifle rather than their intended target, the rifle itself. As such, the accuracy of anti-rifle guns needs to be drastically increased!

7 months ago
    pablonanopablonano YesterdayPosts: 2,549
    edited October 2018

I would prefer to see their RoF doubled or tripled though, this would improve both its performance agains light tanks since they cant withstand its dps anymore and infantry since it gets higher chances to get a hit without making it a nuke towards larger vehicles when getting lucky penetrations.

Giving it accuracy its a grave mistake, as im pretty sure the old guard still remembers guard sniper squads or massed ptrs conscripts.

7 months ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,721

Actually AT rifles should not be able to hit infantry.

Semi-Elite squads (Guards/AT-Tommies) should have a timed vet 1 ability allowing these rifles to hit infantry .

7 months ago
    pablonanopablonano YesterdayPosts: 2,549

I though Guards were a full pledged elite infantry, also timed abilities outside of support ones like pin down and such are pretty much a bad quality balance, as to be any usefull they would need to completely destroy what they are fighting or they are awfull and to be fair not really funny to depend on, would prefer if such thing is added directly to the actual hit the dirt that guards have and on the tommies (literally normal infantry with conscript upgrade) perhas only when they are on green cover, would say even on yellow but when things get very mad with artillery everything becomes yellow cover.

However i do believe that it needs a severe increase on rate of fire, since right now this dont even scare a luch, in fact i dont think anyone has ever got guards because he had the severe need to get rid of a light tank, since even a flamehalftrack can outdps them.

7 months ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,721

@pablonano said:
    I though Guards were a full pledged elite infantry, also timed abilities outside of support ones like pin down and such are pretty much a bad quality balance, as to be any usefull they would need to completely destroy what they are fighting or they are awfull and to be fair not really funny to depend on, would prefer if such thing is added directly to the actual hit the dirt that guards have and on the tommies (literally normal infantry with conscript upgrade) perhas only when they are on green cover, would say even on yellow but when things get very mad with artillery everything becomes yellow cover.

However i do believe that it needs a severe increase on rate of fire, since right now this dont even scare a luch, in fact i dont think anyone has ever got guards because he had the severe need to get rid of a light tank, since even a flamehalftrack can outdps them.

Moving the accuracy vs infantry to "hit the dirt "(actually renaming the ability "take aim" or "steady aim") would make sense and would be more realistic. But "hit the dirt" is currently a very powerful ability and should be changed to a timed
    one.

7 months ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,789
    Why not make an alternate variant with higher ROF? Change low ROF version to PTRD in name as upgrade that can further upgrade into PTRS?
    7 months ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,268

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    Change low ROF version to PTRD in name as upgrade that can further upgrade into PTRS?

I think having small scale upgrade trees for all kinds of different units would be awesome. Nothing too wacky, but scaling the upgrades beyond just the vet bonuses that are already there is a concept I hope the next CoH has a lot of.

7 months ago
    HingieHingie Posts: 1,982

Wait, are you guys seriously considering that a buff to AT rifles is a feasible idea? You know these kinds of ideas are dangerous, right? Next thing the balance team reads this and buffs PTRSs leading to Penals getting even stronger. Banish these thoughts of your minds, lest my fears become reality!