sync error in games with two friends against ai

10 months ago

me and two friends just started playing company of heroes 2. coh 1 was a favorite of mine and was excited to get two friends to get coh 2 with me. whenever we get about 45 minutes into a game it crashes and says sync error and game closes. we are facing standard ai. any info on this would be great.

Comments

10 months ago
    LungLung Posts: 9

Happens at random. Sync Error (obviously) just means the game isnt projecting things right. For example, your friend may have just made a Sherman Bulldozer and you may not see said Bulldozer, That would be a Sync Error. The game will usually try to catch up to prevent things like this, even during lag it'll speed up to compensate for your short departure, but a Sync Error is just un-fixable. Usually it can be caused by mods, but if you're playing Online Multiplayer with AI or, whatever. You cant really fix it. It just happens at random if you're unlucky enough.

Even the multiplayer mod for Dawn Of War Solustorm UA encounters this issue. Sure thats a mod, but, that just goes to show its prevalent in Relics titles for, whatever reason.

10 months ago
    dukejasondukejason Posts: 1,389 mod

@billybad01 said:
    me and two friends just started playing company of heroes 2. coh 1 was a favorite of mine and was excited to get two friends to get coh 2 with me. whenever we get about 45 minutes into a game it crashes and says sync error and game closes. we are facing standard ai. any info on this would be great.

What are your system specs?