Which version of COH1 to buy for multiplayer and how many players are there for that version

1 year ago

Hi guys,
I would like to know which version of Company of heroes 1 should I buy to play multiplayer game cus there are a couple of different versions for this game on steam. I would to play as all four factions but i dont know that if i buy the complete edition, would i be able to play with people who dont have opposing fronts.

Secondly i would like to know how many people are playing this game cus i am getting some confusing stats from https://steamcharts.com/app/228200 for company of heroes and https://steamcharts.com/app/9340 for opposing fronts. (Im assuming about half the people on these charts are playing multiplayer)

i would like to be clear that i want to buy this game for online multiplayer gameplay only. Not so much interested in offline play.

I know I'm very late to the multiplayer era for this game but still any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Comments

1 year ago

Hey. Add me on Steam. I'll be happy to explain it to you.

There are 5 factions:
    Soviets SOV
    Wehrmacht (Also called OstHeer) or OST
    OberkommandoWest (Western Top Command) or OKW
    British Forces or UKF
    Americans or USF

Main game is Sov campaign + multiplayer SOV+Wehr : ~20$
    USF+OKW : ~20$
    UKF Brits : ~ 14$
    Ardennes : USF Solo online Campaign : ~14$?
    TOW 1,2,3 (Southern Reaches, Case Blue and Stalingrand)
    all Solo or Multiplayer coop stuff ~15$

COH2 Master collection : Everything. For 40$
    COH2 Sales -75% or Master Collection for 10$

There are about ~5500 people online at peak time. It depends what your time zone is.
    Check out the website COH2.ORG to have a great idea of how active it is.

Now, the great thing is... you only need 1 of these factions to play online. Against everyone.
    so Basic game: ~20$
    or OKW+USF: ~20$
    or Brits : ~14$
    (~57$)
    or Master collection : ~40$ or ~10$ for EVERYTHING.
    ... Including multiplayer stuff.

Has this helped any?

PS: British Faction and British COMMANDERS are a different thing.
    Same for the Fox Ardenes USF commander (Campaign only)

1 year ago

Sorry. I missed the COH1 part.
    Much much less people play COH1 than COH2 these days. It's almost dead. Not quite, but almost.

1 year ago

Go with COH1_Tales of Valor for best multiplayer bang for the buck

1 year ago
    tabtab Posts: 5

Thanks for that. But my question still remains if i buy the complete package would i still be able to play with players who have only COH1 main.