Nerf Ranger Commander

2»

Comments

11 months ago
    > @SkysTheLimit said:
    > > @thedarkarmadillo said:
    > > . 8 target size is pretty strong for a 5 man squad tbh. The damage modifier in unnecessary. They have 3 slots too which is pretty huge.
    >
    > I don't really disagree with any of that. Important here IMO is that I want current rangers behind major tech, and definitely without the RD modifier.
    >
    > It's .8 for a 5 man CQC squad that's 400 mp and 90 muni. That seems okay to me, especially if it's tier locked. Maybe bonus RA with tommys is unnecessary. A unique vet 1 ability would be cool, rather than just grenade recharge

Tied to major they would deff need a price cut, they are good but not better than Obers ( not with a damage reduction removed anyways)
    A better vet 1 would be great as well.
    11 months ago

@thedarkarmadillo I would say give them tac-advance at vet 1 but that would be a little boring imo. Maybe some kind of soft-retreat ability? They get to retreat for like 8-9 seconds, stop at wherever that puts them, and then have some kind of movement-debuff after for the same amount of time. Just spitballing but something to seperate them from tommy paras would be cool

11 months ago
    @SkysTheLimit what about splitting the difference? Vet 1 "rangers lead the way" active ability that grants a damage reduction when in enemy territory for say 30 seconds? Makes them unique assaulters but requires a small amount of micro.

Though I do like the idea of a tactical retreat ability.
    11 months ago

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    Vet 1 "rangers lead the way" active ability that grants a damage reduction when in enemy territory for say 30 seconds? Makes them unique assaulters but requires a small amount of micro.

I like that better, and the enemy territory requirement is a good mechanism to prevent overuse.