USA VS British

3 months ago

So I'm interested in purchasing one of these two allied forces since the awesome discount right now, but the problem is I don't know which one. I don't know which one is better in what areas. I mostly play 2v2 or 3v3's (with my friends).
I'd love it if someone could explain each faction, because most of the guides I've seen online are old (2-3 years old) and patches probably rolled and some the info can be inaccurate.

Solid, Thanks ;)

Tagged:

Comments

3 months ago
    XlossXloss Posts: 235

Get brits coz they go better unit choices. Like Comet or Churchill. Also they got Emplacements.
    USF sucks at any stage of the game coz they need a lot of fuel for upgrade causing Axis to get tanks faster like brumbar or p4 still you got no tanks.
    USF also suffer from support weapon lack behind tier which the enemy can easly counter you if you get LT or CApt.

If you go LT they rush Panzer 2, If you go Capt they Spam volkz up to 4-5 squad coz they cost less and reinforce less.
    Each Volkz model is cheaper vs Rifles.

STG upgrade give 2 weapon with 60 muni vs bar only one and can be dropped and stolen by the enemy.

3 months ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 211
    edited December 2018

USF surely has punch packing units, but also lack of unit choice.
    But nowaday USF is nerfed abit for its punch packing ability, while not make up the lack of unit choice.

Here are the nerf:
    -Riflemen used to able to pick 2 M1919 LMG; now only 1
    -M20 car crew used to have 2 Bazooka; now only 1
    -Captain used to have 2 Bazooka; now they have zero
    -Captain used to do On me! break suppression of all infantry in 45meter; now can only break suppression of 1 squad in 25meter
    -Captain used to boost building rate of team mate; now can only boost building rate of yourself
    -Major used to have ability of changing retreat point quickly if there is an artillery on him; now its no more.
    -Lieu is having a B-auto-rifle; they might remove his B-auto-rifle in next patch.
    -Jackson TD used to take down a medium tank in 3 shot at range 60 at cost 125fuel; now its 4 shot at range 55 at cost 140fuel

3 months ago

UKF has way more firepower in terms of their heavy tanks and arty abilities. If you like dropping smoke firing bazookas (but also getting pinned by mgs if you miss with the smoke, which I find terribly frustrating) get USF

3 months ago

To expand just a little bit on this, I think you will find as a new player the USF are terribly underpowered in multiplayer. You can get good mileage out of a jackson tank destroyer, but the leaarning curve is steep. The UKF's heavy tanks are more forgiving for dealing with both infantry threats and heavy armor, especially the churchill. I would recommend trying them out first to not get too frustrated. If we are talking single player games, you might not notice as much, because the the lack of extreme firepower on the sherman is compensated by its ability to upgrade to a 50 cal mg, which makes the tank a true force at stopping infantry

3 months ago
    BogeyfoxBogeyfox Posts: 147

Well as said USF units are currently reworked. Both USF and Brits have no regular rocket arty vehicle. So if you don't take a special commander regular areal attacks are not available. This has a lot of impact on your play-style because you can't adapt to certain situations without taking the same set of commanders over and over again. Therefor, Brits and USF inmho are worse than Soviets. In a way they both lack proper tanks either for speed/armour etc. Jacksons and Fireflies have a nice range but once caught by other tanks or worse infantry they'll just die.
    To play efficient you have less options with both factions.

3 months ago

It's true brits have no arty vehicle, but the ability for infantry sections to be upgraded to flare for base arty is, at least, something. It's so funny to hear people talk about how usf mortars give them some kind of great edge when wehr have them as well

2 months ago
    > @Bloodygood said:
    > To expand just a little bit on this, I think you will find as a new player the USF are terribly underpowered in multiplayer. You can get good mileage out of a jackson tank destroyer, but the leaarning curve is steep. The UKF's heavy tanks are more forgiving for dealing with both infantry threats and heavy armor, especially the churchill. I would recommend trying them out first to not get too frustrated. If we are talking single player games, you might not notice as much, because the the lack of extreme firepower on the sherman is compensated by its ability to upgrade to a 50 cal mg, which makes the tank a true force at stopping infantry

Unless Your dealing with panzershek then it is very hard to get enough Sherman's to take down infantry before 1 of you tanks goes by by. I winde up needing 3-4
    2 months ago

@38Lightning said:

Unless Your dealing with panzershek then it is very hard to get enough Sherman's to take down infantry before 1 of you tanks goes by by. I winde up needing 3-4

That's a fair strat, although I can''t help but think that you may benefit from using an mg or two to suppress those shreck blobs so you could throw in a jackson and make your force less one dimensional

2 months ago
    > @Bloodygood said:
    > @38Lightning said:
    >
    >
    > Unless Your dealing with panzershek then it is very hard to get enough Sherman's to take down infantry before 1 of you tanks goes by by. I winde up needing 3-4
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's a fair strat, although I can''t help but think that you may benefit from using an mg or two to suppress those shreck blobs so you could throw in a jackson and make your force less one dimensional

I do diversify. Still a pain