OKW [2vs2] Sector Assault

7 months ago

I guess it was a reason the scatter was high on the bombs before the patch, now the plane can destroy everything thats in the way in one load lol. If there is tank, ambu, forward assembly post, inf, u name it..it just get destroyed due to the high dammage and narrow scatter of the bomb. Also, why can they spot by themself? It dosent need any sight. The p47 was nerfed and removed the self spoting so why should them be able to spot.
Solution:
1: Remove self spoting
2. Reduce the damage and insta critical kill against inf on the bombs.

Comments

7 months ago
    Really pisses me off that relic reversed on the decision to remove this ability. All loiter abilities once spotted for themselves, and then relic realized that was crazy unfair. Then several months later, they introduce a loiter that spots for itself. Genius right there.

The loiters that don't spot for themselves shouldn't even be in the game. I can't believe we still have an ability like this one.
    7 months ago
    mlkmlk Posts: 46

this update is a scandal

7 months ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,018
    When I tested it earlier I didn't notice it self spotting (though I wasn't looking for it) and I don't see any self spotting references in the notes.

I'm at work so I can't check, can anyone confirm it actually self spots because it's ridiculous if it does.
    7 months ago
    XlossXloss Posts: 235

They need to address this soon as possible. It will be exploited by may players for free wipes. P47 dont even do that.

7 months ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,018

Uhhh… guys. Sector Assault doesn't self spot. Just tested in cheat mod.

7 months ago

It doesn't self spot, but it 'tracks' like all other loiter abilities. So if there is a unit within the circle that gets tracked by the plane, the unit can retreat out of the circle and it will still be targeted. This happens to all loiter abilities and this is why AT strafes can sometimes attack tanks down to the other side of the map.

7 months ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,268
    edited December 2018
    > @Lazarus said:
    > Uhhh… guys. Sector Assault doesn't self spot. Just tested in cheat mod.

It did for a while. By design it was listed as a recon+attack ability.

Don't kid yourself though, this ability hardly needs self-spotting to be absurd. As I mentioned above, all tracking loiters have to go.

Tracking allows crap like this to happen. This ability is crazy out of control:

7 months ago
    XlossXloss Posts: 235

@SkysTheLimit said:
    > @Lazarus said:

Don't kid yourself though, this ability hardly needs self-spotting to be absurd. As I mentioned above, all tracking loiters have to go.

Wow. So strong. How did it find you out side the circle?
    also it one shot everything out of existence.

7 months ago
    OberOber Posts: 101
    edited December 2018

I'm really happy to see the British killed by the Okw bombers, can only the British have super bombers? Years and years of frustration against british bombers destoying all with a click, this is not funny now? (removed)

7 months ago

@Xloss said:
    Wow. So strong. How did it find you out side the circle?
    also it one shot everything out of existence.

Not my clip, but the reason it was able to "see" all that stuff is because of tracking. The plane "locks on" to something in its radius so even if you move out of the radius the plane will still hit you with its full payload, no matter where you are on the map.

All tracking abilities can do this, I've had p47s finish off a low-health Tiger in its base, and it was a good 30-40 range from the edge of the p47 loiter circle.

7 months ago
    vampvenomvampvenom GermanyPosts: 30

its one of the slowest if not the slowest artillery in the game so when you see the scouting plane simply leave! don't be a hero it costs 250 munition to turn this things on! and you can make this 250 go to waste if you had one AA unite.

for some reason people who play allies as main factions always complain about things that are so easy to counter!

7 months ago

@SkysTheLimit said:
    > @Lazarus said:

if you use any artillery ability close to the base it will do the same, I had all my infantry whipped out same way but with the USF artillery, stop being such cry out babies and learn that this artillery is the easiest to counter and it take the longest to shoot, so don't be a hero and stay in range, or get an AA halftrack and you would cancel the whole dam thing.

7 months ago
    @vampvenom If you're defending this ability you and I aren't ever going to agree. You losing units in your base to other artillery shouldn't happen either.

You can't tell us the leave the range, watch the video again that guy was well outside the range and all of his squads were wiped. AA will not always save you the planes often get their first payload off no matter what
    7 months ago

@SkysTheLimit said:
    @vampvenom If you're defending this ability you and I aren't ever going to agree. You losing units in your base to other artillery shouldn't happen either.

You can't tell us the leave the range, watch the video again that guy was well outside the range and all of his squads were wiped. AA will not always save you the planes often get their first payload off no matter what

Sure I am with you fix the other artillerys also then, they all can hit your stuff outside their marked area...

7 months ago
    > @vampvenom said:
    > Sure I am with you fix the other artillerys also then, they all can hit your stuff outside their marked area...

No they can't. Only the ones with tracking, the US has no ability that tracks infantry. Name the ability that killed your troops outside of the area? If you can't do that then you shouldn't be posting here.
    7 months ago

@SkysTheLimit said:
    > @vampvenom said:
    > Sure I am with you fix the other artillerys also then, they all can hit your stuff outside their marked area...

No they can't. Only the ones with tracking, the US has no ability that tracks infantry. Name the ability that killed your troops outside of the area? If you can't do that then you shouldn't be posting here.

oh I will do more than naming :)

I will video it for you :D

and you have no right to say I should or shouldn't do something, I do whatever I want as long as I am not harming anyone

7 months ago

@SkysTheLimit said:
    > @vampvenom said:

So it turns out you are right, it doesn't track "infantry however it does track all vehicle even outside the artillery area of attack" which followed my luchs killed it and killed the retreated infantry around it.

so maybe I am partially wrong, but still it isn't much of a margin!

7 months ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,268
    edited December 2018
    > @vampvenom said:
    > and you have no right to say I should or shouldn't do something, I do whatever I want as long as I am not harming anyone

Actually I have a right to say whatever I want, just as you have the right not to listen to me.

Which apparently is what you've been doing, because that US ability you went and looked up (p47s)? I literally had just described why it's broken and needs fixing when you quoted me. I have said all tracking abilities need to go multiple times....
    7 months ago

You guys who hate the Sector assault have the same energy for the Air Supremecy from the Commando Commander with the Brits? How about the Anti-Tank Overwatch? If not welcome to the wonderful world of heavy hitting off map.

7 months ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,595

@Dabadman331 said:
    You guys who hate the Sector assault have the same energy for the Air Supremecy from the Commando Commander with the Brits? How about the Anti-Tank Overwatch? If not welcome to the wonderful world of heavy hitting off map.

It might blow your mind, but air supremacy gives you a looooong time to move out and doesn't track anything.
    It also got ennormous cost and is within bad, non used doctrine, it was also massively nerfed from its initial inception.

It might blow your mind again, but anti tank overwatch was already nerfed by 50% in damage and delayed in arrival.

If you try to make a case here, you've just made one to nerf sector assault by a LOT.

7 months ago
    > @Dabadman331 said:
    > You guys who hate the Sector assault have the same energy for the Air Supremecy from the Commando Commander with the Brits?

Air supremacy? No it doesn't track and if you get hit by it you are the only one to blame.

Anti-tank overwatch? Yes. It was just nerfed 2 days ago. As I have said. All tracking abilities should go...
    6 months ago
    Lnk003Lnk003 Posts: 417
    edited January 22

The aoe is quite broken. It's like wayyy off the minimap visual (red line from left house to right vp)

Right now it's as big as the air supremacy but on air supremacy 1 the minimap indication match the aoe and 2 it seems weird from a design pov as air supremacy is just a single run vs a 75s ability for sector assault.