Bazooka vs PIAT vs Panzershreck accuracy

4 weeks ago
The Big Red 1The Big R… Daly City, CA, USAPosts: 661
edited December 2018 in General Discussion

is it just me or is the chance for a bazooka to hit a target 50/50? PIAT's accuracy is understandable so long as you have a clear LoS on the target while Panzershreck's accuracy chance to hit seems almost 80-90% of the time.

Source: https://www.coh2db.com/stats/#

Bazooka (non vet)
Damage: 80
Accuracy (near/mid/far)
0.063/0.048/0.034 (how does accuracy values work in this game? Is it the more the better or the less the better?)
Penetration (near/mid/far)
130/120/110 (mediocre at best)

Bazooka (vet)
Damage: 80
Accuracy
Riflemen: 0.082/0.062/0.044
Pogues(Rear Echelon Troops): 0.076/0.058/0.041
Captain: 0.082/0.062/0.044
Penetration
130/120/110

PIAT (non vet)
Damage: 120 (seems fair)
Accuracy
0.063/0.04217/0.025
Penetration
130/116/110 (really? wtf is this sh*t?)

PIAT (vet)
Damage: 120
Accuracy
Infantry Sections: 0.076/0.051/0.03
Commandos: 0.082/0.055/0.033
Penetration
130/116/110

Panzershreck (non vet)
Accuracy
0.069/0.052/0.028
Penetration
180/170/160 (WTF is this sh*t relic!?!)

Panzershreck (vet)
Accuracy
Sturmpioneers: 0.097/0.073/0.039
Panzergrenadiers: 0.097/0.073/0.039
Stormtroopers (lol no star wars puns intended): 0.097/0.073/0.039

Verdict: Bazooka needs a slight buff (seriously), PIAT could also use a pen buff imho along with increase of prices to compensate for better performance

if it were up to me i would do this:

Bazooka (new and improved)
Accuracy
Buff it so USF infantry don't shoot like stormtroopers 80-98% of the time!
maybe? 0.070/0.052/0.035 (non vet)
vet
Riflemen: 0.090/0.070/0.045
Rear Echelon Troops: 0.082/0.060/0.045
Captain/Lieutenant?: 0.090/0.070/0.045

Comments

4 weeks ago
    Shrecks do 120 damage, zooks do 80. You might be getting delection damage values or something, but those numbers are off.

Zooks are cheaper, and can be put on cheap squads. Cant say the same for shrecks
    4 weeks ago

@SkysTheLimit said:
    Shrecks do 120 damage, zooks do 80. You might be getting delection damage values or something, but those numbers are off.

Zooks are cheaper, and can be put on cheap squads. Cant say the same for shrecks

where'd you get the up-to-date stat values? CoH2 unit database (https://www.coh2db.com/stats/#) seems out of date =( nonetheless bazooka's could sure use an accuracy buff i hate stormtrooper accuracy

4 weeks ago

@SkysTheLimit said:

regardless i would like to see a full comprehensive stat comparison list based on your findings similar to what i put in the OP (both non vet and vet) please.

4 weeks ago
    > @The Big Red 1 said:
    > where'd you get the up-to-date stat values?

From memory, there shouldn't be a dating issue on zook/shreck damage values. I don't think those have ever been changed.

The site you used is the most up to date that I know of, but it just lists the wrong damage value for those things. I'm not sure why
    4 weeks ago

@SkysTheLimit said:
    > @The Big Red 1 said:
    > where'd you get the up-to-date stat values?

From memory, there shouldn't be a dating issue on zook/shreck damage values. I don't think those have ever been changed.

The site you used is the most up to date that I know of, but it just lists the wrong damage value for those things. I'm not sure why

ah i see better change the stats for the OP then. oh btw what is the real damage values for the PIAT?

4 weeks ago

i think the piat is 120 damage as well, it used to be anyways

also higher accuracy is better, zooks fire faster and more accurately but are less likely to do damage and deal less damage
    its volume vs value. keep in mind the axis can only field certain units with shreks, all of whom are a minimum of 300mp and always 4 models per squad.

4 weeks ago
    edited December 2018

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    i think the piat is 120 damage as well, it used to be anyways

also higher accuracy is better, zooks fire faster and more accurately but are less likely to do damage and deal less damage
    its volume vs value. keep in mind the axis can only field certain units with shreks, all of whom are a minimum of 300mp and always 4 models per squad.

lol atm it seems the other way around bazooka fires more but has stormtrooper accuracy while panzershreck has good accuracy but fires slower. nonetheless bazooka accuracy needs a buff but not to the point of laser guidedness! just buff it so it doesn't have the stormtrooper accuracy it has right now.

3 weeks ago
    jamesjames Posts: 19

and about ridiculous PTRS damage ?

3 weeks ago

@james said:
    and about ridiculous PTRS damage ?

like armadillo said only certain units can field this weapon and not to mention i believe it is also doctrinal so yes it is understandable why they should make PTRS an accurate handheld AT weapon with less damage of course. volume vs value as he says. if only the same can be said for the bazooka.

3 weeks ago
    > @james said:
    > and about ridiculous PTRS damage ?

Think of the PTRS as a molotov, the zook as a pineapple nade and the Shrek as bundled nade.

The molitov (ptrs) is mostly a threat if you let it be. If you sit there while it eats away your health then it's pretty good. If you move at all.... Not so much.

The pineapples (zook) can be on multiple squads, meaning just about anywhere on the map if yuu chose.

Bundled nades (Shrek), are devistating but only certain elite troops carry them. They hit harder than pineapples but having them everywhere isn't feasible.

And idk piats are some weird ass hybrid thing that hits like Shrek, is as accessible as a zoom but has shorter range? Idk how to apply my analogy to that sorry....
    3 weeks ago

panzershrecks are highly coveted items most players will grab it the moment they see it this i can say from personal experience

2 weeks ago
    jamesjames Posts: 19

yeah, i think , molotov for ptrs is a good idea. but a fast molotov !!
    molotov from conscript is sooooo lonnng. :D