[CoH 2 Revitalization Project] Better and More Bulletins!

5 months ago
ReichsgardeReichsgar… Bad Tolz, Bayern, GermanyPosts: 121

Hello all!

I hope you all had a great Christmas and are preparing to celebrate the new year. As 2019 draws nearer, I thought it would be a splendid idea to breathe even more life into the game we all love and care about. One good way to accomplish this is by adding more ways for players to customize their armies that reflect the uniqueness of their factions and their personal playstyles.

In order for this to work, I believe that the current intel bulletins need a thorough and comprehensive rework. At the moment, the bonuses that most bulletins confer are so small to the point that they are more or less insiginificant. For example, let's take a look at "Punching Above Your Weight" which boosts the penetration of M9 Bazooka by 2%. The American Bazooka has a penetration stat of 130/120/110 (Short/Mid/Long). Applying the 2% bonus will only raise the base stat to 132.6/122.4/112.2. Another example is "Flak Armor Support", which increases the armor values of the Sd.Kfz.251/17 FlaK Half-track by 5%. Five percent may sound like a lot but the base armor values for the OKW half-track is 11/5.5 (Front/Rear). Doing the math will give you a meagre 11.55/5.775.

Furthermore, in my opinion, another problem with the current bulletin system is this: Not enough bulletins. Take the Soviet T-34/85 as an example. It currently has 3 bulletins boosting ramming range, veterancy speed, and armour. I often ask myself why does the T-34/85 not have bulletins for reload speed, turret traverse, hull traverse, maximum speed, accuracy, etc.? If we create bulletins covering every characteristic of a given unit, we would have more options and a place to spend our supply points.

There are more aspects of the bulletin system that we can improve. I really think redesigning and remaking the intel bulletins can make CoH2 even more fun :smiley:

Tagged:

Comments

5 months ago

I would love to see more done with bulletins. Honestly feel like it was a huge miss with a brilliant concept.

I know they weren't the most balanced but I loved the variety you would get with stuff from back in the CoH:O days

5 months ago
    Mr_ChappMr_Chapp Posts: 3
    edited January 14

I like your opinions. However, to re-vitalize this game, the most important thing is balance among factions. Actually, OKW is OP in these days. Powerful start unit Strumpioners and unbalanced backbone-infantry Volksgrenedier. Futhermore Rakteten is a terrible assassin in game. Also, heavy punches with full-plate armor, Panther,

Although many new players have came from free-release, the simultaneous logins became 5k which is before free-release simultaneous logins. The reason is simple. Many new players were exhausted by unbalanced game....also it makes bad this game's reputation .

Gentlemen, in rts, there are no perfect balance. For example, Starcrfaft still has some problem in balance. But it has capable of overcoming. Then, players always find the way. However, CoH2 has not that balance. Axis is too powerful, Allies need more and more effort to taste victory. That makes players give up this game. To re-vitalize Company of Heroes 2, Relic should take care of in game balance more.

3 months ago
    FaxFax Posts: 11

@Mr_Chapp said:
    I like your opinions. However, to re-vitalize this game, the most important thing is balance among factions. Actually, OKW is OP in these days. Powerful start unit Strumpioners and unbalanced backbone-infantry Volksgrenedier. Futhermore Rakteten is a terrible assassin in game. Also, heavy punches with full-plate armor, Panther,

Although many new players have came from free-release, the simultaneous logins became 5k which is before free-release simultaneous logins. The reason is simple. Many new players were exhausted by unbalanced game....also it makes bad this game's reputation .

Gentlemen, in rts, there are no perfect balance. For example, Starcrfaft still has some problem in balance. But it has capable of overcoming. Then, players always find the way. However, CoH2 has not that balance. Axis is too powerful, Allies need more and more effort to taste victory. That makes players give up this game. To re-vitalize Company of Heroes 2, Relic should take care of in game balance more.

I agree, a few years ago they removed the stackable bulletins, I think there should be a bit more powerful bonuses to make a better slight difference, since it's percentage, the "better" affected ones are the ones with higher values like armor on heavy tanks for example. I know the point is not to make something too powerful or either it can break the game combined with other bonuses from some commanders.

But at least I think it's a good idea to make more bulletins available and maybe turn up the percentage in bulletins that impact lower values a bit to at least make them feel a bit more worth.

3 months ago
    38Lightning38Lightni… Posts: 197
    edited March 18
    Right now the only bulletins worth a grain are ones that for instance reduce build time on artillery or at gun by 50%. Perhaps the 25% on m8. Best ones I can think of.

Also some dont even work anymore like the (& role out) for the m3 halftrack.