Jaeger Light Infantry

2 months ago

Jaeger Light Infantry are over-performing like crazy. Their rifle upgrade causes them to bleed enemy models way too quickly, and their reduced cost has allowed them to be spammable. Check this stream for more info. https://www.twitch.tv/captainsprice.

P.S. I am an OKW main and have seen this first hand.

Comments

2 months ago
    Lauchgo3Lauchgo3 Posts: 2

I think that they are way too cost efficient and can be called in way too early. At 250MP and CP1 they outperform any ally infantry (0.9 accuracy vs. green cover is insane) in the beginning and it's quite easy to get to a critical mass which makes it impossible to play against. Also the ability to call them from any building makes it even worse because they can be called in immediately into battle.

2 months ago

I think the main issue right now and the first thing I would change is their lowered reinforce cost. 44 was extremely high, but at 30 they are not being punished for being overused and blobbed.

2 months ago

yes, they are VERY cheap to produce, average reinforce cost, can infiltrate, have denying cover G43, good skills. If OKW player decides to spam This broken unit it's unstoppable, even 2 Mgs are getting ripped. Relic should raise its price, remove infiltration or reduce the dmg or accuracy of other soldiers who are not carrying G43

2 months ago

Yeah those are all big problems. Right now they are not operating like skirmishing scout infantry but as bruiser front line troops for a lot of OKW players. We are seeing the Overwatch commander in the front of a lot of people's lineups and I think this sort of game play pushes away new players and encourages bad strategies.

2 months ago
    jamesjames Posts: 24

+1

2 months ago
    QuesocitoQuesocito Posts: 128

+1 need a nerf or cost increase

2 months ago

I stand by that reinforce cost increase would be the best step toward balancing them, but they need a slight combat performance nerf too. They were too expensive before at 44MP/model but now they are way too cheap for how they perform.

2 months ago
    QuesocitoQuesocito Posts: 128

just played a 4v4 with myself and an ally using them. just insane how good they are. hope they get a nerf, along with that air support the same commander gives.

2 months ago

The air support would need its own thread. I don't think it is in the same category as the JLI.

2 months ago

And to top it off, you need to pay for them or get super lucky with the drops. P2W is not OK.

2 months ago
    Mr_ChappMr_Chapp Posts: 3

LJI has a crazy performance in these days. In 4v4 games, OKW users who selected Overwatch doc do not need use other units. just build 1 or 2 Volks and 1 Raket, and earn 1 cp then do spamming LJIs. It will make you beat your enemy in infantry fighting phase. With LJI spamming, you can exhaust your enemies' manpower, and you can build your tanks faster than them. It is unfair. Although LJI has expensive replace manpower, LJI can blow up allies' manpower. It must be patched to reasonable way.

1 month ago
    Balanced_GamerBalanced_… Posts: 86
    edited January 22

It is not like they shoot fast or shred you like anything for just one squad. If you compare to Shock Troops and mostly Guard Rifles for the Soviets, they are the bigger issue cause they are six, much more firepower and deadlier in every way. JLI are only 4 and yes they are good indeed but not that OP as you claim it to be. I saw the video and they shredded but the thing is, if you compare to a blob of Guard Rifle Infantry, not only they shred infantry but vehicles also. You can counter JLI blob with much more ease than against Guard Rifle Infantry where as they also have anti tank capabilities and even better than Penals overall by 2 or 3 times more effective because they shoot even faster with PTRD and has better accuracy against Infantry. PTRD even comes by default making it very strong especially with two DP28. They should nerf the PTRD against infantry as the Axis whom have Panzerschrek, does not even damage infantry at all. Just go on testing grounds test them out and then you can see the huge difference between the two. The real problem lies in my opinion and it is quite obvious, The Guard Rifle Infantry.

Have you ever seen Shock Troops sprinting and they are nothing compared to Jaeger Light Infantry!!!

1 month ago

Guards will get bled to hell versus JLI, even with their machine guns. Shocks with For the Motherland are at least paid for in reinforce cost, deployment cost, and munitions cost. JLI literally cost 10 MP more than Conscripts and you are comparing them to the most elite infantry available to the Soviets. Just think about that.

PTRS conversation needs to go somewhere else as that is completely off subject.

1 month ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 197

I had a 4v4 game in city17, a map with lot of building, i was with my friend both USF fought 2 OKW.

As we all know with the power of sturm and number of volk, they push us of the fuel, at 3min they gain 1commandP and start to spam JL, whats so special about them? They can keep reinforce infront of our base because they can jump off from the building. At least volk spam takes time to match from the HQ