USF riflemen cost effectiveness?

3 weeks ago
The Big Red 1The Big R… Daly City, CA, USAPosts: 673

i keep hearing a lot of chatter on the forums saying that you are not getting your ManPower's worth when using USF RifleMen if so what needs to be done in order to justify its 280 MP cost? from what i gathered the whole able to use multiple weapons is not enough and that one is paying more than you are getting in contrast to the other faction's core infantry. unless i am wrong that is.

Comments

3 weeks ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 3,992

The problem is not getting 280 MP out of Riflemen. It's getting more than 250 MP out of Volksgrenadiers. They're OP and it's fucking up infantry balance and making all other mainlines look comparatively weak.

3 weeks ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 155

Agree, Volk can do anything for their cost make other mainline look weak. Cant believe Volk again alot of utility and firepower but not gain cost.

3 weeks ago

@C3Tooth said:
    Agree, Volk can do anything for their cost make other mainline look weak. Cant believe Volk again alot of utility and firepower but not gain cost.

so in your learned opinion what would you want to do? tell me.

3 weeks ago

I dont know, its up to the balance team

3 weeks ago

@Lazarus said:
    The problem is not getting 280 MP out of Riflemen. It's getting more than 250 MP out of Volksgrenadiers. They're OP and it's fucking up infantry balance and making all other mainlines look comparatively weak.

so in your learned opinion what would you want to do in their shoes? tell me.

3 weeks ago

Easy. Remove Volks vet 1 RA bonus, remove the STG package and drop them down to 240 MP. Volks will be much weaker so Riflemen won't need a buff.

3 weeks ago

@Lazarus said:
    Easy. Remove Volks vet 1 RA bonus, remove the STG package and drop them down to 240 MP. Volks will be much weaker so Riflemen won't need a buff.

that could work but what about RM? is the 280MP still worth the cost? are you getting your "money's worth" out of them? that is the hard question. the same can be said for the other core infantry.

3 weeks ago

As long as you aren't fighting Volks, yes. You get 280 MP out of them.

3 weeks ago

Cons vs Gren
    Early game: Cons dominates Gren with number, at any range. Being 6men and able to build cover vs 4men
    Mid game: Gren starts to gain 1 or 2 LMG42, this is their equal state
    Late game: Gren dominate with their LMG & vet. Cons become support weapon team by merge and sight

RM vs Gren
    Early game: Gren has better number of squad, RM has better number of men in a squad. This make them fairly equal.
    Mid game: Gren starts to gain 1 or 2 LMG42, RM have to use 300mp to tech weaponrack to get 2 Bars and grenades, with its enough for OKW to get another Gren. This is when Gren better than RM
    Late game: RM able to pick 2 Bars per squad. This is when RM better than Gren

RM vs Volk
    Early game: Volk dominates RM with number for their cheaper price with the help of Sturm as a starter. Being 5men RM vs 5men Volk able to build cover.
    Mid game: Volk starts to gain 2 or 4 Stg44, RM have to use 300mp to tech weaponrack to get 2 Bars and grenades, with its enough for OKW to get another Volk. Even not outgun, though RM still get out numbered.
    -> Volk dominate both Early & Mid game. This lead to the lack of resource for USF.

Cons vs Volk
    Early game: Cons is slightly better with number. Being 6men vs 5men, both in cover.
    Mid game: Volk starts to gain 2 or 4 Stg44 with free snare & free flamenade. Cons have to use 200mp to tech snare & flamenade. And Cons not even have any gunupgrade.
    -> Cons can not dominate Volk in Early game, but Volk dominate Cons since Mid game. And Cons have no answer back at Late game

3 weeks ago
    XlossXloss Posts: 233
    edited January 28

Rifleman is not the problem in my opinion.
    Volkz grens is just too cost effective while doing a lot more vs Rifleman.
    Balance team need to remove STG make it like Conscript basically they should be conscript copy, not Better Rifleman which currently what it does now.
    Zero side tech and Very Cheap both Recruitment/Reinforcement/STG

3 weeks ago

Honestly I would prefer to have OKW light tanks get a good buff, rather than Volk being too effective.
    Why? Volk spam is enough for OKW to save their fuel for Medium. Nerf down Volk force them to bring in Light.
    Just like USF, Light is a must in their gameplay.

3 days ago
    edited February 15

@Xloss said:
    Rifleman is not the problem in my opinion.
    Volkz grens is just too cost effective while doing a lot more vs Rifleman.
    Balance team need to remove STG make it like Conscript basically they should be conscript copy, not Better Rifleman which currently what it does now.
    Zero side tech and Very Cheap both Recruitment/Reinforcement/STG

it sounds like RM need to have either one of these things not all which is:
    1. make RM cheaper to train (from 280 MP to 260?)
    or
    2. reduce reinforcement cost
    or
    3. increase base damage of the standard weapons they get (their M1 rifles not BARs from 8 to 10 source: https://www.coh2db.com/stats/#10) in order to justify their 280 MP cost since volks kar98k weapon damage is 12.