[OKW] Raketenwerfer performance

Comments

3 months ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,779
    > @SkysTheLimit said:
    > > @DarjeelingMK7 said:
    > > Yesterday, while playing as Brit, i capture a rak, sneak through the line and destroy a panzerwerfer. Thet call me cheater, so funny.
    >
    > Yup this is among the many reasons I'm completely blown away by the fact that relic hasn't touched this unit.
    >
    > We have two units in OKWs HQ alone that have been ruining balance for quite some time. And yet Relic keeps trying to balance the game through doctrines, which only makes things worse.

But they nerfed the raks vet. The rak. The reward for keeping it alive. They nerfed THAT but kept creeping death

I've always said that the factions core armies should all be balanced as if doctrines didn't exist THEN balance the commanders.
    3 months ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,268

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    But they nerfed the raks vet. The rak. The reward for keeping it alive. They nerfed THAT but kept creeping death

I've always said that the factions core armies should all be balanced as if doctrines didn't exist THEN balance the commanders.

The funny thing is they did the exact same thing to volks.

StGs were swapped in the same patch shrecks were tossed. Since that day volks have lost several of their old vet bonuses, while the StG profile has never been changed once. Not a single time. AND that profile is unique to volks AND it was never tested by the community.

3 months ago
    ARMYguyARMYguy Posts: 807
    edited February 15

I just dont agree with volks being that OP. When you have things like tommies, IR pathfinders with bars, penal and guards, how the heck can anyone possibly think volks are remotely good? My game must be running on different code than yours. What do you want to do? I mean sure make it so volks cant even fight off any allied cheese infantry, you know what you will have then ? Grens. Excellent idea, we all know how good wehr is this patch.

3 months ago
    > @ARMYguy said:
    > I just dont agree with volks being that OP. When you have things like tommies, IR pathfinders with bars, penal and guards, how the heck can anyone possibly think volks are remotely good? My game must be running on different code than yours. What do you want to do? I mean sure make it so volks cant even fight off any allied cheese infantry, you know what you will have then ? Grens. Excellent idea, we all know how good wehr is this patch.

Volks are mostly OP because of their price. It's not firepower, but cost efficiency.
    3 months ago
    Compared volk to doctrinal units like guard is nonsense.
    Tommy are trong IN COVER, indeed, but volk's FLAME NADE say NOPE.
    3 months ago
    Ost are in good shape. But OKW has become some thing that wining again them is like cheating.
    Alies infantry chesse? OKW has chesse filling their arsenal.
    3 months ago
    It still funny thinking of i'm being called cheater because i play Brit and use the rak SAME WAY AS OKW Use them.
    3 months ago
    > @ARMYguy said:
    > I just dont agree with volks being that OP. When you have things like tommies, IR pathfinders with bars, penal and guards, how the heck can anyone possibly think volks are remotely good? My game must be running on different code than yours. What do you want to do? I mean sure make it so volks cant even fight off any allied cheese infantry, you know what you will have then ? Grens. Excellent idea, we all know how good wehr is this patch.

You just listed infantry that are all wildly more expensive than Volks, and that is the problem. Volks aren't stronger than those squads but they are WILDLY more cost effective. The cheapest squad you listed there was tommies, who need way more investment to scale than Volks.

STOP taking about axis v. Allies. This is about okw. Volks break the balance for Ostheer too, since allied units need to be balanced around this garbage. These changes don't happen in a vacuum
    3 months ago
    ARMYguyARMYguy Posts: 807

I could get behind cost increase with volks, that much i agree with. But i think something still needs to be done with Wehr. The infantry doc to get 5 man grens is basically a must to not get curb stomped by same skill opponents and that's a problem. Either some buffs need to go in or some nerfs for the other sides infantry. Just costing more alone does not justify some of the insane killing potential of some of the units in the game.

3 months ago
    Most of the units you listed don't JUST cost more but also require more investment to reach potential. Rifles and Tommies (and cons, because they are very much the same caliber of troop /s) all have heafty fuel investments to reach peak performance and the 2 WFA units require alot of munitions as well. Penals on the other hand lack any side teching but cost 10 fuel and 160MP just to start building. First penal squad can be met 2 volks leaving the first match up as CE trash and penals vs 2 volks and a Sturm Pio. While I do think penals need an adjustment you pay for all of the allied counterparts. Volks on the other hand....
    3 months ago
    > @ARMYguy said:
    > Just costing more alone does not justify some of the insane killing potential of some of the units in the game.

I don't necessarily disagree, but accessibility matters as much as individual unit stats. For volks it's just too easy to field them in strong numbers.
    3 months ago

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    Most of the units you listed don't JUST cost more but also require more investment to reach potential. Rifles and Tommies (and cons, because they are very much the same caliber of troop /s) all have heafty fuel investments to reach peak performance and the 2 WFA units require alot of munitions as well. Penals on the other hand lack any side teching but cost 10 fuel and 160MP just to start building. First penal squad can be met 2 volks leaving the first match up as CE trash and penals vs 2 volks and a Sturm Pio. While I do think penals need an adjustment you pay for all of the allied counterparts. Volks on the other hand....

The problem is OKW rely on Volks too much. OKW has the lastest MG and light vehicle (UC, M3, M20 and 222) comparing to other factions. If we nerf Volks, we need make OKW's other units more accessible at the same time.

3 months ago
    > @addvaluejack said:
    > The problem is OKW rely on Volks too much. OKW has the lastest MG and light vehicle (UC, M3, M20 and 222) comparing to other factions. If we nerf Volks, we need make OKW's other units more accessible at the same time.

It's less about nerfing their performance and more about making them pay for it. And I'm not sure what your point is about hmgs or light vehicles. They also have the strongest starting unit, a vehicle that can backap all their territory, AND an AT gun that counters all those other light vehicles.

They are also the only ones in the game whos first tech structure can unlock light tanks, one of which is a great AI tank, the other which preys on all other light tanks.

The US have been relying on Rifleman too much for years and they JUST had their teching re-done to match their roster accessibility with other factions.
    3 months ago

@SkysTheLimit said:
    > @addvaluejack said:
    > The problem is OKW rely on Volks too much. OKW has the lastest MG and light vehicle (UC, M3, M20 and 222) comparing to other factions. If we nerf Volks, we need make OKW's other units more accessible at the same time.

It's less about nerfing their performance and more about making them pay for it. And I'm not sure what your point is about hmgs or light vehicles. They also have the strongest starting unit, a vehicle that can backap all their territory, AND an AT gun that counters all those other light vehicles.

They are also the only ones in the game whos first tech structure can unlock light tanks, one of which is a great AI tank, the other which preys on all other light tanks.

The US have been relying on Rifleman too much for years and they JUST had their teching re-done to match their roster accessibility with other factions.

My point is OKW has the smallest roster comparing to other factions during early game, that's why Volks are so versatile comparing to other faction's main line infantry.

So if we need to lock some abilities behind tech, for example, flame nade, we need give OKW earlier access to ISG or OKW will have zero ability to clear garrisons.

3 months ago
    > @addvaluejack said:
    > My point is OKW has the smallest roster comparing to other factions during early game, that's why Volks are so versatile comparing to other faction's main line infantry.

Yes I understand and my point is that this is wrong. They have 4 units in their HQ, one of which allows them to rush their infantry wherever they please (kubel). They have the strongest opening in the game by far.

So because soviets can delay their opening to have 5 total units vs the OKWs 4, that means okws opening is worse? Even tho 2 of those 5 are conscripts and CEs?

No one said anything about delaying flame nades, the StG is the biggest problem here and volks themselves could probably use a cost increase
    3 months ago

@addvaluejack said:
    My point is OKW has the smallest roster comparing to other factions during early game, that's why Volks are so versatile comparing to other faction's main line infantry.

So if we need to lock some abilities behind tech, for example, flame nade, we need give OKW earlier access to ISG or OKW will have zero ability to clear garrisons.

smallest roster? brits have UC, tommies and a vickers, okw have volks, sturms and kuble. same size. once a single truck is placed they get the 3 units from a normal tech AND an MG.

for anti garrison i would lean towards sturms, its logical. ost and soviet have flamethrowers on 4 man squads, it make sence for the sturmpios to have a little more... sturm until they can be replaced by an leig or stuka, this could open up firestorm to allow volks to have lava nades. hell id even tweak sturms to deal a bit more damage to garrisoned units with their STGs so its not a muni sink

nobody says that other units wouldnt need adjusted, but do it all volkls is a bad design. obers need to come sooner and sturms need a slight change as well, but volks are THE balance issue against all allied factions as they are fighting units that are well above their investment.

3 months ago

@thedarkarmadillo said:

@addvaluejack said:

smallest roster? brits have UC, tommies and a vickers, okw have volks, sturms and kuble. same size. once a single truck is placed they get the 3 units from a normal tech AND an MG.

for anti garrison i would lean towards sturms, its logical. ost and soviet have flamethrowers on 4 man squads, it make sence for the sturmpios to have a little more... sturm until they can be replaced by an leig or stuka, this could open up firestorm to allow volks to have lava nades. hell id even tweak sturms to deal a bit more damage to garrisoned units with their STGs so its not a muni sink

nobody says that other units wouldnt need adjusted, but do it all volkls is a bad design. obers need to come sooner and sturms need a slight change as well, but volks are THE balance issue against all allied factions as they are fighting units that are well above their investment.

No one will build sturm at start anyway, most people will not mind it locks behind T1 or T2 like MG34 or Sappers.

Volks need to fill all roles (Assault, Hold the line and Snare), and this lead to the infamous STG upgrade.

So my point is we need to keep Volks unchanged until we give OKW earlier access to other units or make changes to other units (like sturms as you suggested).

3 months ago
    > @addvaluejack said:
    > @thedarkarmadillo said:
    >
    > @addvaluejack said:
    > My point is OKW has the smallest roster comparing to other factions during early game, that's why Volks are so versatile comparing to other faction's main line infantry.
    >
    > So if we need to lock some abilities behind tech, for example, flame nade, we need give OKW earlier access to ISG or OKW will have zero ability to clear garrisons.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > smallest roster? brits have UC, tommies and a vickers, okw have volks, sturms and kuble. same size. once a single truck is placed they get the 3 units from a normal tech AND an MG.
    >
    > for anti garrison i would lean towards sturms, its logical. ost and soviet have flamethrowers on 4 man squads, it make sence for the sturmpios to have a little more... sturm until they can be replaced by an leig or stuka, this could open up firestorm to allow volks to have lava nades. hell id even tweak sturms to deal a bit more damage to garrisoned units with their STGs so its not a muni sink
    >
    > nobody says that other units wouldnt need adjusted, but do it all volkls is a bad design. obers need to come sooner and sturms need a slight change as well, but volks are THE balance issue against all allied factions as they are fighting units that are well above their investment.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No one will build sturm at start anyway, most people will not mind it locks behind T1 or T2 like MG34 or Sappers.
    >
    > Volks need to fill all roles (Assault, Hold the line and Snare), and this lead to the infamous STG upgrade.
    >
    > So my point is we need to keep Volks unchanged until we give OKW earlier access to other units or make changes to other units (like sturms as you suggested).

No one built stum at stat? Maybe i'm at a lower lv than you but yet see them alot, especially in 4v4, 2 okw at stat will very likely blob 4 stum together, or wait for 2 volk each and blob with 5-6 squad.

If it is 1v1 As brit, my fist engagement will be 1 Tommy and 1 vicker vs 1 stum and 2 volk or 2 stum and the third volk come right after (quicker than my third squad). In both way, being overrun is almost certain, unleash the okw player is a noob and blob all in my viker without micro at all.
    3 months ago

Okw is just weird in everything. Ex: All factions have weak starting engineer units: RE, combat engie, pioneers...tommies are also weird like sturm. Tommies and sturm are strong out of the gate. RE, combat engie, pioneers are only good for capping and building wire and sandbags. Shouldn't brits start with a sapper squad? That would be in line with other factions. Tommies can't razor wire off early game like others.

2 sturm start is a valid strat. You can run down ur opponent. Later upgrade one to shrek and one to minesweeper. Just dont lose them. They'll be usefull all game as you'll need to repair as well. I find this works for me sometimes. In 1v1 that is.

3 months ago
    > @WhatTheGarden said:
    > Okw is just weird in everything. Ex: All factions have weak starting engineer units: RE, combat engie, pioneers...tommies are also weird like sturm. Tommies and sturm are strong out of the gate. RE, combat engie, pioneers are only good for capping and building wire and sandbags. Shouldn't brits start with a sapper squad? That would be in line with other factions. Tommies can't razor wire off early game like others.
    >
    > 2 sturm start is a valid strat. You can run down ur opponent. Later upgrade one to shrek and one to minesweeper. Just dont lose them. They'll be usefull all game as you'll need to repair as well. I find this works for me sometimes. In 1v1 that is.

Tommy is not strong out of the gate, they need cover and weapons, which mean more investment. Stum, in the other hand, is trong out of the gate,

Brit stat with 1 tommy is not a problem, their troop is expensive and disadvantage in number. Every factions stat with an engi squad doesn't have to be a must. Infact, okw should stat with a volk.
    3 months ago

I'm comparing tommies vs the engineer starter units. Anyway 1v1 battle in heavy cover, tommies will win vs volks. Only sturms will force them off. And a kubelwagon trample micro or flame nade.
    Tommy>gren. Bro tommies are mainline units. The engies aren't. You can rush and hold a forward point with tommies, cant with engie units. So sturm and tommy u can rush. Rest cant.

3 months ago

If it is 1v1 As brit, my fist engagement will be 1 Tommy and 1 vicker vs 1 stum and 2 volk or 2 stum and the third volk come right after (quicker than my third squad). In both way, being overrun is almost certain, unleash the okw player is a noob and blob all in my viker without micro at all.

UC very strong early vs okw since they don't get faust till truck. Just avoid getting close to sturms. I do this all the time. Put tommies in cover and micro the UC. Large maps you can ferry around tommies for cheeky decaps.

3 months ago
    > @addvaluejack said:
    >
    > @addvaluejack said:
    >
    > So if we need to lock some abilities behind tech, for example, flame nade, we need give OKW earlier access to ISG or OKW will have zero ability to clear garrisons.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > smallest roster? brits have UC, tommies and a vickers, okw have volks, sturms and kuble. same size. once a single truck is placed they get the 3 units from a normal tech AND an MG.
    >
    > for anti garrison i would lean towards sturms, its logical. ost and soviet have flamethrowers on 4 man squads, it make sence for the sturmpios to have a little more... sturm until they can be replaced by an leig or stuka, this could open up firestorm to allow volks to have lava nades. hell id even tweak sturms to deal a bit more damage to garrisoned units with their STGs so its not a muni sink
    >
    > nobody says that other units wouldnt need adjusted, but do it all volkls is a bad design. obers need to come sooner and sturms need a slight change as well, but volks are THE balance issue against all allied factions as they are fighting units that are well above their investment.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No one will build sturm at start anyway, most people will not mind it locks behind T1 or T2 like MG34 or Sappers.
    >
    > Volks need to fill all roles (Assault, Hold the line and Snare), and this lead to the infamous STG upgrade.
    >
    > So my point is we need to keep Volks unchanged until we give OKW earlier access to other units or make changes to other units (like sturms as you suggested).

Build them or not you have sturms as a starter unit providing one of the strongest starts imaginable. And some close quarters maps like Stalingrad in 1s up to any city portion of a 4 double Sturm is very effective.

And no, tuning down volks should be a priority so we can actually see the issues within the okw faction instead of just seeing volks (and now JLI)
    As I said but you didn't address, other units would need adjusted including sooner Obers and something like sturms as an anti garrison unit because volks shouldn't be the answer to every single situation and certainly not at only 250mp
    3 months ago
    edited February 16

@addvaluejack said:
    No one will build sturm at start anyway, most people will not mind it locks behind T1 or T2 like MG34 or Sappers.

Is a US player going to build Rear Echelon right away? Or an ambulance? That leaves rifles and mortars.

And you dont have to build sturms, you get a free one. And its actually a very threatening squad, unlike most of the other starters.

@addvaluejack said:
    So my point is we need to keep Volks unchanged until we give OKW earlier access to other units or make changes to other units

The StG profile hasnt been touched since it was introduced 3 years ago. And what could they possibly need earlier access too? The battlegroup is 40 fuel total with the truck. For 35 fuel US unlocks either an AT gun or an MG, two things you get regardless of your decision with OKW.

3 months ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,587

@ARMYguy said:
    I could get behind cost increase with volks, that much i agree with. But i think something still needs to be done with Wehr. The infantry doc to get 5 man grens is basically a must to not get curb stomped by same skill opponents and that's a problem. Either some buffs need to go in or some nerfs for the other sides infantry. Just costing more alone does not justify some of the insane killing potential of some of the units in the game.

Multiple recent tournaments of 1v1 and 2v2 have proven you already wrong.
    Gren SPAM is not working, because its not supposed to.
    Stop ignoring team weapons on a faction that is designed to have team weapons as 30-40% of its infantry force and you might see better results.

And volks cost 10mp more then cons and roflstomp them without a chance, yes, 280mp infantry have all the right to stomp 240mp ones, especially if these 240mp ones have vastly superior supporting infantry behind them and always have numerical advantage.

Post a replay, because from the sound of it, you just don't know how to play ost and try to play them like they were OKW or USF with inf spam.

3 months ago
    > @WhatTheGarden said:
    > I'm comparing tommies vs the engineer starter units. Anyway 1v1 battle in heavy cover, tommies will win vs volks. Only sturms will force them off. And a kubelwagon trample micro or flame nade.
    > Tommy>gren. Bro tommies are mainline units. The engies aren't. You can rush and hold a forward point with tommies, cant with engie units. So sturm and tommy u can rush. Rest cant.

Indeed tommy is stronger than other engi stat unit but not true again stum. Most of the time the fist engagement will happen out of cover because it is when you are caping. In large map, cap a far point mean tommy won't have enough time to built cover and back up came slower, so the cover advantage may not work at stat.

In cover, tommy will beat volk but that is 1v1, the fist thing tommy meet most likely will be stum. When rush in, stum can drop 1 model but event with 3 model at point blank, stum will still drop at least 1 or 2 model of tommy before have to retreat and the volk come after that stum will easily force my tommy to retreat. Being cheaper, volk always reach the engagement areas before my any second squad and i will lost the very important fist engagement.

2 stum rush event worst.

In order to avoid this situation, i will have to cap near poin and wait for more men, which mean giving my OKW opponent more map control.

Again wher, things are easier to handle.
    3 months ago

@SkysTheLimit said:

@addvaluejack said:

Is a US player going to build Rear Echelon right away? Or an ambulance? That leaves rifles and mortars.

And you dont have to build sturms, you get a free one. And its actually a very threatening squad, unlike most of the other starters.

@addvaluejack said:
    So my point is we need to keep Volks unchanged until we give OKW earlier access to other units or make changes to other units

The StG profile hasnt been touched since it was introduced 3 years ago. And what could they possibly need earlier access too? The battlegroup is 40 fuel total with the truck. For 35 fuel US unlocks either an AT gun or an MG, two things you get regardless of your decision with OKW.

If you can include doc units, US have two additional 0 CP call units: AE and Pathfinder/IR Pathfinder.

US is some kind of strange case, since LT has access to Bazooka and Cpt has access to Bar, US player do not have to sacrifice all AI potential to gain ATG, or sacrifice all AT potential to gain HMG.

3 months ago

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    > @addvaluejack said:
    >
    > @addvaluejack said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Build them or not you have sturms as a starter unit providing one of the strongest starts imaginable. And some close quarters maps like Stalingrad in 1s up to any city portion of a 4 double Sturm is very effective.

And no, tuning down volks should be a priority so we can actually see the issues within the okw faction instead of just seeing volks (and now JLI)
    As I said but you didn't address, other units would need adjusted including sooner Obers and something like sturms as an anti garrison unit because volks shouldn't be the answer to every single situation and certainly not at only 250mp

But Stalingrad is not available right now anyway. Most of current available 1V1 maps, most people will not build second sturm.

3 months ago
    > @addvaluejack said:
    > US is some kind of strange case, since LT has access to Bazooka and Cpt has access to Bar, US player do not have to sacrifice all AI potential to gain ATG, or sacrifice all AT potential to gain HMG.

If your going to make exceptions for every case that shows your argument is flawed I don't really know how we can discuss balance. Volks have needed fixing for years, they should absolutely be ahead of everything else in terms of priority. The Rak43 isn't far behind
    3 months ago

@SkysTheLimit said:
    > @addvaluejack said:
    > US is some kind of strange case, since LT has access to Bazooka and Cpt has access to Bar, US player do not have to sacrifice all AI potential to gain ATG, or sacrifice all AT potential to gain HMG.

If your going to make exceptions for every case that shows your argument is flawed I don't really know how we can discuss balance. Volks have needed fixing for years, they should absolutely be ahead of everything else in terms of priority. The Rak43 isn't far behind

You think I am make exceptions here? Then I will list all cases:

Sov, starting with 20 fuel, require T2 (cost 20 fuel) to access all team weapons
    UKF, starting with 20 fuel, require T1 (cost 35 fuel) to access all team weapons
    OKW, starting with 5 fuel, require T1 (cost 40 fuel) to access all team weapons
    OST, starting with 20 fuel, require T1 and T2 (cost 70 fuel) to access all team weapons, but gain access to light vehicles, too
    USF, starting with 20 fuel, require T1 and T2 (cost 70 fuel) to access all team weapons, it is hard to argue how valuable officer squads are

USF is the only faction which has less accessibility to team weapons here, so I think this is a strange case.