[OKW] Raketenwerfer performance

1235»

Comments

5 months ago
    Balanced_GamerBalanced_… Posts: 186
    edited March 12

Raketenwerfer is not OP in my opinion. It always seems to get countered easily. I try to use the technique, camo, shoot then retreat but it only works half the time, either it suceeds in retreating or fails. For me personally, Raketenwerfer is not OP. I think it is the worst gun unless you plan to sneak behind enemy lines, hoping not to come across enemies or mines.

It is an asssassin that is vulnerable which only serves a purpose mostly early to mid. OKW does not have good support team weapons generally. I think they are all relatively worse than others.

It would be great if it made it as durable as any other and same range. Camo still an option but only activates when stationary. That is a change I would actually like, currently, it dies too often. It serves better in the hands of SU since it has 6 guys manning the gun. It is simply a terrible and unreliable AT weapon in my opinion since it only pulls off one shot before they attempt to retreat. Other AT guns manage to pull off two shots and it often happens unexpectedly without the need of camo but the use of the fog of war.

You always have to retreat with it, it mostly gets one shot by Comets or Tanks with high explosive so easily. It simply does not play a role as a support weapon in my opinion.

5 months ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,817
    The durability does somewhat counteract the camo.
    The durability makes it frustrating to use
    The camo makes it frustrating to play against.. The unit is poorly designed and both those shortcoming should be addressed to make it less annoying on both sides of the rocket.
    5 months ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,268
    > @Balanced_Gamer said:
    > You always have to retreat with it, it mostly gets one shot by Comets or Tanks with high explosive so easily. It simply does not play a role as a support weapon in my opinion.

If it were any stronger, the fact that you CAN retreat with it would be insanely overpowered. It already almost is, hence why the unit needs a full redesign.
    5 months ago
    mrgame2mrgame2 Posts: 496
    This is where i disagree dark. After much pemuntations, rak should stay where it is, good spot.

The camo needs a lot of player skills. You need 3 rak to really inflict snipe damages to med tank. Microing 3 rak takes your attention from your army. Its a high skill tradeoff.

Camo snipe rak is a hit once and retreat tactics, no way you can stay on because of durability. The lack of reverse repostion makes up for retreating all the way back leaving you without atg..

There is a qol and frustration with getting hit from no where. But is no difference from allies TD meta now. But at least rak gives away position every time because of shorter range. I lost countless p4, to su85 and jackson from shots from nowhere and high rof pace now.

Making rak into another boring atg makes it much easier for allies superior arty and faster better AI armor tank to decrew, issues facing Wehr faction in reality.
    5 months ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,817
    edited March 14
    Some vehicles die to one hit, additionally raks can be used as recon without the conventional caveat of needing cover AND being cheaper than most recon units. As Ive said, being able to infiltrate enemy lines and take out high value targets is just as frustrating to play against as the rak getting squiffed by a single tank shell. Both should be addressed. Reliability in favour of cheese.

Standard camo imo would be acceptable, creeping death is not. And extra man would be appreciated as well. There's room to work.
    5 months ago
    > @mrgame2 said:
    > The camo needs a lot of player skills. You need 3 rak to really inflict snipe damages to med tank. Microing 3 rak takes your attention from your army. Its a high skill tradeoff.

The Raketenwerfer is LITERALLY the least skillful unit in the entire game. I don't fucking understand how you could possibly possess that opinion, all of the other AT guns require WAY more skill to position than the Rak, and you can't just click "T" everytime you make a mistake.
    5 months ago
    Patrol_OmegaPatrol_Om… Posts: 251

Totally agree with nerfing the AT-gun from the OBW since it has very fast speed when retreating, no penalties when using camouflage and still is the best AT-gun out there.

Axis overall have so little restrictions on their upgrades and micro. They need urgent reworks, so they become as hard as allies factions.

5 months ago
    Schoki_JaegerSchoki_Ja… Posts: 24
    edited March 22

The combination of retreating and camo alone makes this PAK fustrating to play against !

Solution:
    The raketenwerfer should just get the camo removed or in my eyes even better get a lock down when camo is activated so that the Raketen can´t move or rotate at all an maybe in addition to that get the garision bonus removed as well !

5 months ago

Hang on the Rak is not the best AT gun. It can achieve more with less skill, but the ceiling of what it can achieve is still lower than most of the other AT guns. The 57mm (with AP rounds toggled on) is by far the best stock AT gun

4 months ago

The USF Anti Tank, I think is the best in game. It has 2 abilities that have the best function. Ability n1 has extra range and n2 has penetration and damage, costs ammo, vet required. I prefer this personally over the Rak which I think is the worst in my opinion. You have to get 2 or 3 to actually make it useful compared to every other, that one is more than good enough in comparison because of the range and penetration.

The only persons who thinks Rak is the best are those who goes in the same general or expected direction. That is when they are surprised, flanked etc. Rak is not OP. I really dislike it since I think it is the worst in supporting vehicles mid-late game. Chances of survival being the lowest, since it has bigger target size I think. That explains how often it dies.

This concludes that Rak is not OP. It is good but not that good.

4 months ago
    Schoki_JaegerSchoki_Ja… Posts: 24
    edited March 25

Yes, the Raketenwerfer43 is not OP in the sence of performance, but it simply does things wich a AT gun unit should not be able to do and thats is scouting and/or go full on stealth and kill a Katusha for example and the ability to retreat is suporting this unit so great that finding an good an reliable counter is difficult.

• Alone removing the retreat whould almost fix this problem because
      killing katushas isnt that easy anymore when there is the lack of an
      "Abort-Button"

• The raketenwerfer could just get the camo removed or in my eyes
      even better get a lock down when camo is activated so that the
      Raketen can´t move or rotate at all!

• maybe get the garision bonus removed as well !

Again I am just thinking that the abilitis of this unit makes it OP, I think the raw AT performance of the Rak is perfectly balanced!

4 months ago

Why not nerf the camo but buff its range to have it as any other and remove retreat.

How I see it should be changed because it is quite unreliable when it does not shoot as it should sometimes. I think it is some kind of bug that occurs sometimes, does take longer to shoot, or it decamo's for no reason.

Here are my thoughts

• Remove camo movement, only able to activate when stationary or, can rotate but can not make any other more movements than that. OR completely replace it with a new ability.

• Make it have the same range as any other AT gun, just to make it more of a viable AT support weapon instead of a sneaky assassin.

• Retreat removed but make it slightly move faster than any other AT gun since it is smaller and since it is most the vulnerable AT gun there is.

This will fix (some of) the issues that everyone experiences for both sides. Currently I do not like the way it is since it is a terrible AT support weapon mid-late game. Change price if necessary. OKW lacks proper Team weapons (which performs worse overall than other factions) and since they are really lackluster. It needs a revamp. Not buffs but a revamp.

4 months ago

@Balanced_Gamer said:
    Why not nerf the camo but buff its range to have it as any other and remove retreat.

How I see it should be changed because it is quite unreliable when it does not shoot as it should sometimes. I think it is some kind of bug that occurs sometimes, does take longer to shoot, or it decamo's for no reason.

Here are my thoughts

• Remove camo movement, only able to activate when stationary or, can rotate but can not make any other more movements than that. OR completely replace it with a new ability.

• Make it have the same range as any other AT gun, just to make it more of a viable AT support weapon instead of a sneaky assassin.

• Retreat removed but make it slightly move faster than any other AT gun since it is smaller and since it is most the vulnerable AT gun there is.

This will fix (some of) the issues that everyone experiences for both sides. Currently I do not like the way it is since it is a terrible AT support weapon mid-late game. Change price if necessary. OKW lacks proper Team weapons (which performs worse overall than other factions) and since they are really lackluster. It needs a revamp. Not buffs but a revamp.

I couldn´t agree more !