Game too slow

8 months ago

Why is this game so slow? Econ too slow, infantry move speed slow, pathing so bad, vehicle movement clumsy, reversing after going forward is super slow. Vehicles should not rotate on their position. Cars cannot rotate 360 degrees LOL! Vehicles should not move for another vehicle if it's blocking the path. The vehicle that is blocked should say an alert saying "path blocked". This pathing technique works so much better in Starcraft. Everything is buttery smooth in that game.
Every 1v1 is always map control cat and mouse early. Then turns into stalemate. Annoying when troops are so specialized but yet you don't have enough money to make the right unit. Tanks cannot ever advance because they run into AT gun walls. Or how about one 60 munitions mine killing a quickly built t70 around 7 min? That's game ending. This game is so punishing on losing units.

Every squad in the game is like a tool that has their use. This game is starting to get boring when at times you're just sitting around with nothing to do cause not enough money. Also weapons when fired point blank shouldn't miss. Machine guns need to fire faster, why such short bursts? Accuracy of everything so so god awful.

I'm steadily climbing the 1v1 ranks btw. Facing top 50-100's. I'm rank 200 wehr, usf, and brit. 335 sov, 492 okw. Least games played okw.

Comments

8 months ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 596

I dont mind any problems you list here
    Except 90ammo demolition can whipout blobing 750manpower is a crime, but 100ammo Moving demolition "Goliath" is not a crime, 60ammo mine destroy 70fuel Light tank is not a crime.

A problem I find is teching to Medium tanks go really fast if you skip Light tank. I like the game play when it reach to earlymid-mid game, where Light tank is on field, it requires alot of skill unlike lategame where you can select bunch of medium tank and click forward. We never see a bunch of Light tank go push mindless like that.

I wish to have Medium tank tech fuel price get higher (Medium tech fuel price, not Medium tank price) So Light tank play is more valuable for many reason:

• Extend the play time of Light tank on field.
    • Destroyed Light tank doesnt mean game ending.
    • Keeping fuel for a rush Medium is impossible, a Light tank must be forced on field.
    8 months ago

One time I lost two sturm to a penal satchel. They met point blank at a heavy cover and I looked away for 2 seconds at my other squad then boom 600 manpower gone. LOL GG. No coming back from that. I thought he would retreat instantly and not bother trying to land the satchel.
    Can you explain your reasoning on why 60 muni = 70 fuel + manpower. Muni is gathered faster than fuel.
    A solution imo is to have a traditional rts economy where you gather resources. Then you can focus on building alot of workers early on to max economy for a stronger mid -late game or to build soldiers early for early harass but weaker economy. SC2, warcraft, AOE, command and conquer. Lol only this game is different with set manpower. Another idea is to have control points give manpower as well. Sort of like RISK I suppose.
    If someone gets a tank fast I'm not usually scared. Just build an AT Gun and it's good enough. Unless they flank your gun. Which again my original problem. Never enough men. Against good players, there will be casualties and its always a back and forth cat and mouse.

8 months ago

One time I lost two sturm to a penal satchel. They met point blank at a heavy cover and I looked away for 2 seconds at my other squad then boom 600 manpower gone. LOL GG. No coming back from that. I thought he would retreat instantly and not bother trying to land the satchel.
    =>Sturm is a starter unit, you lost a sturm at early game mean you lost a starter unit, like Soviet lost a CombatEng, no big deal, you actually lost 300mp. Eventhough 2 squad Sturm cost 600mp, but if you lost 8 models of Sturm, you actually lost 300mp, lost 600 is only if squad whip. The game reward for squad whipping. Further than that, sachel takes 5sec to blow. Sachel is a force retreat and destroy bunkers, its hard to harm infantry.

Can you explain your reasoning on why 60 muni = 70 fuel + manpower. Muni is gathered faster than fuel.
    => Thats what I mean, I dont know why Balance team think it's ok to blow up a 70fuel tank with 60ammo. Goliath is a moving demolition is ok, but Soviet Demolition is not ok. At least remove the white circle when detected, make it harder for play to look at.

A solution imo is to have a traditional rts economy where you gather resources. Then you can focus on building alot of workers early on to max economy for a stronger mid -late game or to build soldiers early for early harass but weaker economy. SC2, warcraft, AOE, command and conquer. Lol only this game is different with set manpower. Another idea is to have control points give manpower as well. Sort of like RISK I suppose.
    => I actually prefer this kind of economy, and I abandone C&C and move to Coh, the game force you to move and move for resource, not staying at base.
    Coh1, you start with 30popcap, capture point give you +3 popcap. This is ridiculous when enemy goes to your base, its 100men vs 30men, there is no comeback. Beside Coh1 only has resource on a few capture point, made the play stay strong on 1 or 2 points and defense. Coh2 give resource on every capture point, I take 2 points mean I have more resource than you have 1 Fuel point (6fuel/10ammo vs 7fuel).Fuel or Ammo point isnt everything. Thats why I love Coh2 resource system more.

If someone gets a tank fast I'm not usually scared. Just build an AT Gun and it's good enough. Unless they flank your gun. Which again my original problem. Never enough men. Against good players, there will be casualties and its always a back and forth cat and mouse.
    =>That's the point of the game, flanking is the key. Even if enemy flanking squad kill your ATgun, its not the end. Enemy can not take your ATgun except you dont have other squad nearby to push back flanking squad and take back ATgun (except if there are 5 flanking squad, then again with my original problem: blob has zero punished)

8 months ago
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 132

Blobbing punishment:

• mines
    • flame weapons
    • MGs

Had a good round the other day where the starting OKW blob killed all our infantry but we waited a bit, avoiuded the blob, capped the rest of the map, then recapped everything, built flametanks and melted their army. Good times.

8 months ago

@C3Tooth said:
    =>Sturm is a starter unit, you lost a sturm at early game mean you lost a starter unit, like Soviet lost a CombatEng, no big deal, you actually lost 300mp. Eventhough 2 squad Sturm cost 600mp, but if you lost 8 models of Sturm, you actually lost 300mp, lost 600 is only if squad whip. The game reward for squad whipping. Further than that, sachel takes 5sec to blow. Sachel is a force retreat and destroy bunkers, its hard to harm infantry.

Sturm is a very expensive unit, how is it not a big deal? Both squads got wiped btw. OKW is also weird when other factions have weak engineer starter units and sturms have freaking assault rifles blitzkrieging everything.

One thing good about this econ system is it always means a fair matchup in terms of manpower. I just wish there was more of it.

Slayer, blobs are easy to suppress. All you need is one MG. Flames are mainly for garrisons, except flame vehicles. The problem is in 1v1 there's too much room to cover so your mg will usually get flanked. Then it turns into trench warfare where each player holds ground and pokes here and there. LOL

So I just got out of a game and tell me why a sturm squad can casually waltz by a vehicle crew and another squad firing at them point blank and only lose one model after several seconds of firing. How does 4 men with SMG's miss every shot at point blank range?? The sturm proceeded to enter a building and get the final shot on my retreating stuart. So many fake aspects in this game. I always lose my warm up game as I forget all these weird mechanics.

8 months ago

@Slayer said:
    Blobbing punishment:

• mines
    • flame weapons
    • MGs

Had a good round the other day where the starting OKW blob killed all our infantry but we waited a bit, avoiuded the blob, capped the rest of the map, then recapped everything, built flametanks and melted their army. Good times.

I had a 3v3 match when a Sturmoffizier with 3 Volks & 4 Gren walk as a big blob just walk through my 3 MG50cal at the front. I admit it was quite a teamwork of 2players on the Axis side.

8 months ago

When using MG's sometimes you need to target fire individual squads. It will keep firing on the same squad while another will just walk past the firing arc. I always keep an eye on my MG's and make sure to target fire and switch once a squad is suppressed. Also a good practice is to have supporting infantry in front of the MG. It can be grens or pio's whatever as long as they screen for the MG so it doesn't get flanked.