[ Wer] [All v All] Sdkfz 250s sucks! (but also they don't)

5 months ago
YappirYappir Posts: 42
edited February 9 in Balance Feedback

So!

I will want to talk about Sdkfz 250. Unique vehicle. You can get them only on 3 docs, lets get to it.

First lets look on a good 250s that you can get in German Infantry Doctrine.
When i tech up i have a choice. to build a new building or make a 250 in my HQ. If i go for 250 i get a very early vehcile, that is somewhat roboust and it can hold difrent units types and assume difrent roles. We can get in it a flamer squad and shove it betwen buildings with mgs or i can get in it some AT infantry. its ability to fortify sometimes proves useful and when it does omg, it is perfect. Also it has great mobility to be used on big maps. It has SO MANY uses. It helps in AT department, it can storm fortified postions, it can transport troops, if you managed to vet it it can reinforce units, it can be used as makeshift MG bunker!
Amount of things this unit do is HUGE. It also cost only 20 fuel! <3
Buying it and using it well allows us to skip second building and go for panzer 4 a bit quicker.

Now let us move to bad 250s. The bad ones are in the ones that requier 3 CP and come in as an offmap for 3 CP. First of all 3 CP is.... not an early game anymore. If i buy 250 when i have 3 CP enemy propobly has AT and i propobly have second building. Also cost of 500 man-power and 30 fuel.
Let just look at the alternatives that i will have by that point. There is 222 and 251 in the second building.
Lets start with 222. It has better firepower and better mobility. If i want to buy a vehicle for rough power then 222 is way better chocie then 250. Also 222 is way cheaper, with cost of 200 insted of 500 man-power. I get infantry unti as a bonus to it but come on. If i wanted more infantry i could buy it. I do not need 3 CP ability from a doc to do so. If i want vehicle i do not want its cost to be artificially inflated by unit i might not want.
If you want 250 for a halftruck part there is 251. 251 do not require vet 1 to reinforce infantry teams, it can hold 2 untis insted of 1 and can also have added flamers. It is not doctrine exlusive and actualy can be combined with other docs it can have Rigiel mines or smoke. Again, 251 same as 222 is cheaper.

So as 3 CP call ins... I have 2 other options that does what 250s do just better and cheaper and easier to deploy. Only thing call ins have is no tranaing time.

250s do not make sense in the later game! They are too weak to sustain anything. .50s will cut them down, pentals will shot them with AT rifles, infantry will trow AT grenades at it. It is too weak to deal deal any significant amount of damage and escape. It kinda wants to be 251, 222 and a mobile bunker at the same time and doesn't do anything well enough. Also it comes with a price of 500 man-power!

What can we do about it to make 250s more aprealing for this doctrines? There are many choices.
- First option is to just repalce it as a call in for HQ build one for 0 CP.
- We can make the called in units to have some vet already so they are valid choice. We could get vet 2 infantry squad and a truck. That means truck could reinforce untis as it spawsns. Also geting this infantry would actualy be interesting.
- We could make it cost 1 CP so it can be purchesed before 222 or 251 s an option. The cost is still roboust but if you have few enough casulties you can actualy buy it.

• My final and best sugestion. Make 250 more interesting. Lets give it more abilities that are unlocked by improvments or just teching up. It could not only reinforce nearby infantry but also heal them up. It could drop mines or trow some smoke. It could improve nearby infantry combat performence. There are so many things this unit could do, specialy if we add some improvments to it. Improve it to medical stations, radar posts, enginier stations, minefield builders. There is so much things small truck could do.

What do you guys think?

Comments

5 months ago
    omar_empomar_emp United Arab EmiratesPosts: 526

@Yappir said:
    So!

I will want to talk about Sdkfz 250. Unique vehicle. You can get them only on 3 docs, lets get to it.

First lets look on a good 250s that you can get in German Infantry Doctrine.
    When i tech up i have a choice. to build a new building or make a 250 in my HQ. If i go for 250 i get a very early vehcile, that is somewhat roboust and it can hold difrent units types and assume difrent roles. We can get in it a flamer squad and shove it betwen buildings with mgs or i can get in it some AT infantry. its ability to fortify sometimes proves useful and when it does omg, it is perfect. Also it has great mobility to be used on big maps. It has SO MANY uses. It helps in AT department, it can storm fortified postions, it can transport troops, if you managed to vet it it can reinforce units, it can be used as makeshift MG bunker!
    Amount of things this unit do is HUGE. It also cost only 20 fuel! <3
    Buying it and using it well allows us to skip second building and go for panzer 4 a bit quicker.

Now let us move to bad 250s. The bad ones are in the ones that requier 3 CP and come in as an offmap for 3 CP. First of all 3 CP is.... not an early game anymore. If i buy 250 when i have 3 CP enemy propobly has AT and i propobly have second building. Also cost of 500 man-power and 30 fuel.
    Let just look at the alternatives that i will have by that point. There is 222 and 251 in the second building.
    Lets start with 222. It has better firepower and better mobility. If i want to buy a vehicle for rough power then 222 is way better chocie then 250. Also 222 is way cheaper, with cost of 200 insted of 500 man-power. I get infantry unti as a bonus to it but come on. If i wanted more infantry i could buy it. I do not need 3 CP ability from a doc to do so. If i want vehicle i do not want its cost to be artificially inflated by unit i might not want.
    If you want 250 for a halftruck part there is 251. 251 do not require vet 1 to reinforce infantry teams, it can hold 2 untis insted of 1 and can also have added flamers. It is not doctrine exlusive and actualy can be combined with other docs it can have Rigiel mines or smoke. Again, 251 same as 222 is cheaper.

So as 3 CP call ins... I have 2 other options that does what 250s do just better and cheaper and easier to deploy. Only thing call ins have is no tranaing time.

250s do not make sense in the later game! They are too weak to sustain anything. .50s will cut them down, pentals will shot them with AT rifles, infantry will trow AT grenades at it. It is too weak to deal deal any significant amount of damage and escape. It kinda wants to be 251, 222 and a mobile bunker at the same time and doesn't do anything well enough. Also it comes with a price of 500 man-power!

What can we do about it to make 250s more aprealing for this doctrines? There are many choices.
    - First option is to just repalce it as a call in for HQ build one for 0 CP.
    - We can make the called in units to have some vet already so they are valid choice. We could get vet 2 infantry squad and a truck. That means truck could reinforce untis as it spawsns. Also geting this infantry would actualy be interesting.
    - We could make it cost 1 CP so it can be purchesed before 222 or 251 s an option. The cost is still roboust but if you have few enough casulties you can actualy buy it.

• My final and best sugestion. Make 250 more interesting. Lets give it more abilities that are unlocked by improvments or just teching up. It could not only reinforce nearby infantry but also heal them up. It could drop mines or trow some smoke. It could improve nearby infantry combat performence. There are so many things this unit could do, specialy if we add some improvments to it. Improve it to medical stations, radar posts, enginier stations, minefield builders. There is so much things small truck could do.

What do you guys think?

well for me its pretty good, for the same price as the abilities before, but now has vet and can take vet because nearby infantry are fighting , can reinforce, gets extra HP and better MG while leveling up, well its cost 490MP cause you are getting a 3/4 price of a Panzer grenadiers in mechanized assault doctrine which it costs 20 F and 200MP and PG actual cost is 340 but with ability you get it for 290MP. for me its totally fine and good and doesn't need to be fixed, maybe give it blitz for vet 3 as for late game? or maybe it will make it OP someone must test it.

5 months ago
    YappirYappir Posts: 42
    edited February 14

If i would like panzergrenadeirs i would buy them, i do not need doc ability to do so. Specialy that it cost 30 fuel.
    Imagine abiltity with a tiger that cost 920 manpower + fuel but you get PGrens with them. If you buy something you want to get it as soon as posible to do its things. I do not want to wait 200 resources more to get unit that might not help me. Even if it is cheaper. I want a tiger to do tiger things as soon as posible.
    Also it is very rare to have 500 manpower in early starges of the game and be willing to spend it on so weak unit, what also makes use of 250s for 3 CP hard.

5 months ago
    omar_empomar_emp United Arab EmiratesPosts: 526

@Yappir said:
    If i would like panzergrenadeirs i would buy them, i do not need doc ability to do so. Specialy that it cost 30 fuel.
    Imagine abiltity with a tiger that cost 920 manpower + fuel but you get PGrens with them. If you buy something you want to get it as soon as posible to do its things. I do not want to wait 200 resources more to get unit that might not help me. Even if it is cheaper. I want a tiger to do tiger things as soon as posible.
    Also it is very rare to have 500 manpower in early starges of the game and be willing to spend it on so weak unit, what also makes use of 250s for 3 CP hard.

well it let you skip mechanized company building , cause it already gave you PG and a APC to reinforce, and ability is same as paratroopers with M1 Pack howitzer , i dont want pack howitzer but i get it anyway