British fortifications VS germans

5 months ago

Im not very old player nor very experienced in this game. But i feel like British fortifications are very overpowered. Wermacht doesn't get anything at the beginning of the battle to deal with such fortifications, you have to wait long until you can get any closer. Nor wermacht gets it's own fortifications. Plus russian t60 vs small armored car is unfair. How you guys deal with it? I think british fortifications should be delayed longer, because it is too OP at the begining of battle

Comments

5 months ago
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 131
    edited February 15
    Engineer with flamer
    Halftrack with flamer
    Scoutcar, 2 of them eat mortarpit alive.

Bofors are harder to kill but you can out two mortars on attack ground on them, but it will take a while. Pak40 is good: it's range is longer than most things, so just have it attack ground as well.

Best thing is the fortifications can't move, so while you build up tanks which can deal with them, you cap the rest of the map where there are no fortifications.
    5 months ago
    jakejake Posts: 9

dont forget the sim city combined with early vickers spamm and mortar pit surely its counterable but if you manage ot survive, and get a mortar or a leig to smoke it well you have 2 options there 1 you push it and he calls in arty you still get fucked 2 he gonna show his armour out and will fuck up your squads and dish out more bofors with pits in 4v4 you will bleed from the 4 man britt vicker spamm at early game and boi if you manage to survive you will meet with those bofors+breen tommies

4 months ago
    wygekaswygekas Posts: 2
    edited February 17

Tactic with pak to fire ground is interesting. But frankly nobody builds mortars alone without AAA or few ATs which makes advance with tanks next to impossible. The only option i mostly use is big ass arty which commander provides but by the time i get that arty sometimes game is already lost/ or resources spent to stop advance of enemy

4 months ago

I played yesterday as OKW (because it the only the compatible Axis faction) and there was nothing I could do against a Brit. The Guy spammed 2 or 3 Vickers HMG to cover the whole map in the beginning than he started building a bofor than motar emplacement.

I tried to counter them with mortar but it was useless. It hardly did enough damage and there is not a clear way or a definition of "countering" british emplacements. The Men manning both of them are invincible, compared to every other emplacement like Pak43, the infantry can die. They are like modern warfare emplacements where only the robots do the job.

I tried even using Puma (not best choice but really the best choice early-mid game) was counter by a AEC MK.III Armored Car, which is way better since it also shreds infantry. What is there that I can counter with? Stuka Half Track is terrible against emplacements. Brit faction is simply better in every way. They have Arty from base call in for 40 ammo, that shreds whatever emplacements I have. If axis had something like that, at least that would be something to counter them.

Imagine a game with Brit vs Brit. They definitely can counter each other, because they can use "Coordinated Fire" which shreds holding points. As OKW, a well emplaced "Coordinated Fire" on BASE/HQ takes away 3/4 of its health. Insane right?

Seriously needs changing that infantry can be inflicted in the emplacement. Then there is a possibility to counter them. Now it is simply impossible since they are just too powerful early-mid game. Only late game when you have tanks, that is the only way I see it but usually nobody makes it due to its superiority. If I want to counter them I would have to go for Artillery which comes 8CP, but it is too late by then.

This needs adjustments. Does anyone have any other ideas or opinions? I am keen on what must be said for this matter!

4 months ago
    > @Balanced_Gamer said:
    > I played yesterday as OKW (because it the only the compatible Axis faction) and there was nothing I could do against a Brit. The Guy spammed 2 or 3 Vickers HMG to cover the whole map in the beginning than he started building a bofor than motar emplacement.
    >
    > I tried to counter them with mortar but it was useless. It hardly did enough damage and there is not a clear way or a definition of "countering" british emplacements. The Men manning both of them are invincible, compared to every other emplacement like Pak43, the infantry can die. They are like modern warfare emplacements where only the robots do the job.
    >
    > I tried even using Puma (not best choice but really the best choice early-mid game) was counter by a AEC MK.III Armored Car, which is way better since it also shreds infantry. What is there that I can counter with? Stuka Half Track is terrible against emplacements. Brit faction is simply better in every way. They have Arty from base call in for 40 ammo, that shreds whatever emplacements I have. If axis had something like that, at least that would be something to counter them.
    >
    > Imagine a game with Brit vs Brit. They definitely can counter each other, because they can use "Coordinated Fire" which shreds holding points. As OKW, a well emplaced "Coordinated Fire" on BASE/HQ takes away 3/4 of its health. Insane right?
    >
    > Seriously needs changing that infantry can be inflicted in the emplacement. Then there is a possibility to counter them. Now it is simply impossible since they are just too powerful early-mid game. Only late game when you have tanks, that is the only way I see it but usually nobody makes it due to its superiority. If I want to counter them I would have to go for Artillery which comes 8CP, but it is too late by then.
    >
    > This needs adjustments. Does anyone have any other ideas or opinions? I am keen on what must be said for this matter!

You must did some thing wrong here. OKW have more man and weapons at the fist engagement of the game. Try not to blob all in fron the vicker. With 2 volk and flame nade, you can flank the vicker.

Brit need time to set up emplacement, the bofos come at about minte 5, you have time to stop this happens. With OKW you should push non stop and not give your opportunity to build up.

If brit get Bofors, they cant have AEC anymore so puma will work.

Try fire storm doctrin, emplacement take lot of dmg from fire. Smoke the bofor then toss a flame nade in. If it brace, you can charge in or hit again when it brake the brace.

For the coordinate fire, if you let brit get sight on your HQ then it is a part of your false and tommy's flare need a squad to move in to work so can be prevented.

In late game, LEFH 18 counter emplacement very hard. You jusst need to hold 1 VP and wait. with 1 VP in hand, you cant lose before you get LEFH. If you cant hold event 1 VP then you will lost in any way.
    4 months ago

Thanks for the tip. I was not aware of the fact that they had to sacrifice Bofors in order to have AEC. I guess that just makes it more difficult for the axis to counter early mid game considering the fact mortar emplacement is quite strong and can out-range every other mortar except artillery (need 8CP which is often too late because of the damage sustained).

OKW Le.IG 18 or WEHR mortar does a kinda good job but not that good because at the end you lose because of counter barrage and the fact that it can brace, causing it to last too long, especially when the men in the emplacement are never exposed to the shots. Axis will definitely take a lot of casualties gradually, and it is definitely hard to avoid. In terms of support weapons that can not be taken or captured, it is by far superior.

Also the thing I do not understand is why Flak Emplacement and Pak40 are exposed entirely than the British Emplacements.
    Pak40 can easily be countered compared to British ANTI-TANK Emplacement, British can brace structure thus taking forever to destroy. An allied anti-tank gun can easily damage the Pak40 causing it to be rendered useless, or even countered by a barrage wiping units away causing an opporunity for an allied player to man the gun when axis can not even do that to a British Emplacement. Flak Emplacement units can be wiped and can be used by an allied player

Although they are costy, same goes for the two I have mentioned, should they also be exposed in order for axis to at least pick off some kills because the British Emplacements really drain the hell out of the manpower early-mid game. Causing also for the axis to play cowardice if it fails to press on against the British.

It is really difficult to counter Vickers (best HMG) that brits can get early on and when they are in buildings (urban areas) especially supported by british infantry causing more difficulty for them to push. I feel OKW has a hard time countering Emplacements especially the British early on than Wehrmacht because of the lack of early AT, which grenadiers can obtain in the beginning when OKW requires a placed Headquarters.

It is possible but it feels that it takes sometimes too long until you can get proper equipment in order to counter it. Say if I want to counter Vickers and Anti-Tank guns supporting the mortar emplacement, I need to use mortar and flank strategies, but often an axis player would take a lot of casualties before attempting to destroy the emplacement.

I feel that the men inside the emplacement should be exposed so that it involves also in brit being more micro management and at least some compensation for the damage acquired. This really changes the course of the game since Emplacements can be really OP if supported with "Support Weapons", making it is nearly impossible at times (thus requiring less effort to change the course game since it is already decided then). I feel that it should be a little more exposed than it currently is so that there is a proper chance of countering!

4 months ago

Press the DELETE button by Closing the Pocket. Watch them throw their keyboards against the wall and cry a salty river of tears.

4 months ago
    You have to think like this: a Brit's emplacement is a building, while an OKW's emplacement is a Crewed weapons".
    you must have notice that OKW's
    emplacement can be recrew, while brit emplacement cant. That is one of the reasons why LEFH 18 is annoying, because many time, after all the effort to get sight and a concentration barrage, OKW recrew their LEFH and keep shooting.

8CP is not to much, compare to 9CP sexton/priest. If you fight decent, 8 CP should be around minute 15 at best.

As Bofors can cover only 1 VP, so a good way is to leave it alone and fight somewhere else. In 2v2, if a brit player dig in hard with emplacement, i recommend you and your teammates 2v1 the other player. Since those emplacement wont go anywhere, you just have to stay away from the red line and your team can overrun the other team one by one.

Also, be careful where you place your tech building, i see a lot of OKW player, while performing aggressive tactic, unintentionally put their T1 truch right under mortar pit range.
    Many player make the same mistake with the T4, too, and it can cost you the game.

One more is to Try to find out what doc your opponent pick. If he go advanced emplacement and have his emplacement upgrade + use Counter barrage frequently, his infantry will remain 4 men and unequipped, so you can win infantry fight anywhere outside of the emplacement range. If he dont go advanced emplacement, you can harass him by you mobile indirect team weapons. Stuka do very good damage to emplacement, too.

I understand the frustration of you, but you must believe there is ways of counter. I can share what i know but you can find it out yourself by playing brit. "Know your enemy", try to play Brit and use emplacement a couple of match and you will quickly understand how they work.
    4 months ago
    edited February 27
    AT guns are best vs emplacements: Pak40 has the range, Rak has the camo+retreat combo.

Make it brace then rush volks and throw two flamenades: dead emplacement.
    4 months ago

That sounds interesting. Does two flamenades only work against a mortar emplacement (cuz it has weaker health than other british emplacement) or does it also apply for every other British emplacement.

I feel it is more difficult for OKW to counter emplacements then Wehrmacht early game since Wehr has better support weapons overall.

4 months ago
    Two flamenafes is for mortarpit. Bofors I only attack with Pak40 or tanks.
    4 months ago

Thanks for the tips. The thing is it is always supported or guarded with some units. It is usually never exposed so it does take time before taking it out, can be quite tough. It outranges every other mortar, very strong health, and can be quite devastating against infantry as soon as it gains sight.

It is quite cost efficient the mortar emplacement although it takes time to build, only costs 400 manpower according to the site I have checked, tell me if it is any different. To get mortars yourself as axis costs around 250 manpower, getting two at least would be around 500 manpower, in addition to the casualties sustained, would be cost definitely more in the long run. It just performs very well for its price, something that comes early drains enemies manpower like anything unless axis player pushes constantly. Sometimes pushing and flanking does not always work depending on map orientation. Map also affects how the game will be determined.

Of course it can be countered, but is it very cost effective for something early game that can even last until late game.

4 months ago
    The point of flame nade is it help you take away the brace, so you can kill emplacement easier.

The mortar emplacement is a problem for both axis and brit. It had ben toned down to 350 manpower, together with a auto fire range neft so cover 2 VP in 2v2 map is difficult now. It scatter is biggest among standard mortar. The pice reduce prove that mortar emplacement has been overpriced before that.

For axis, fighting under the range of mortar emplacement can be very dangerous and take it out required a lot of effort.

But, in th other hard, for brit, a mortar emplacement is a big investment of manpower, which they very lack due to expensive infantry. Moreover, it is stationary, cover only a part of the map and must be protected. It take part in making british force clump up and prevent mobile game play. As brit, i take every chance to take a mortar or a support gun from axis, rather than built a pit.

Yet, as wher, you pay 500 mp for 2 mortar, but you should think that 2 mortar of you do more than just counter mortar emplacement. after you destroy the mortar emplacement, that 2 mortar of you still scale well.

Also, dont allow mortar emplacement get to vet 3, because at vet 3, it havr 50% more HP. Same for Bofors but Bofors never vet up so never mind.

One more tip i want to share, when the flame HT hit the field is a very good time to go for the mortar emplacement, because flame HT come about minute 5, and at that moment, with the mortar emplacement built, the brit player cant have AT yet. Just make sure to micro your HT well.
    4 months ago
    I killed a mortarpit once in a 3vs3 with a 2 scoutcar combo: it went down fast, seem went for tge forward assembly next to it. An AT gun I hadn't seen killed one of the cars vut I thought ot was a nice trade: one scoutcar for mortarpit+assembly.

In several Wehr commanders there is the mortarhalftrack. It has a flame attack, which is very effective: open fire with normal mortar (use attack ground), wait for brace, then do flame attack and watch the pit burn to the ground.
    4 months ago
    Balanced_GamerBalanced_… Posts: 186

Does it take more fire damage when they use the ability to "Brace Structure", or is there no difference? Just curious.
    Nice tips by the way.

4 months ago
    DarjeelingMK7Darjeelin… Posts: 244
    The fire burn longer than brace duration. Dont know about damage
    4 months ago
    mrgame2mrgame2 Posts: 496
    edited March 2
    Brit in 1v1 is fair and hard. But in 2v2 above, brit is too strong ally, either camp out with big emplacements that negate tanks and infantry, or go with chruchchill and supported by usf/sov long range at and infantry blob.

My suggestion, beside forcing axis to go with lefh doctrine, is to make 2 close range panzerwafer or stukas hit to damage each emplacement down to 5% health.
    4 months ago
    lordpeter3lordpeter3 Posts: 321

Keep in mind that emplacements take up resources and pop cap, so if you have sime city at one part of the map, just take over teh other part easy, as the brit has no/little movable troops to go there with all those investments in static devence, use this to your advantage while fighting the enemy. In one game i just ingnored the defensive structures all ogeter by holding on to the other two unguarded VP's with superior forces.

Emplacements often work like a red cloath for a bull, playes feel that they have to take them down, losing much troops to them with limited gains. I would advice that **when ever you can **just ignore the emplacements until late game or even not engaging at all! In team games with lots of brits this is ofcourse harder but then you can team up with some team mates to take systematically take down emplacements one by one, where every team mate contributes with a mortar or AT gun.

4 months ago
    Balanced_GamerBalanced_… Posts: 186

1v1 is definitely possible to counter. Just in 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 it just becomes difficult or very difficult to counter as they can already can cover the whole map or the main strategic points. I already have stated and emphasized that on other forums too.

4 months ago
    > @Balanced_Gamer said:
    > 1v1 is definitely possible to counter. Just in 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 it just becomes difficult or very difficult to counter as they can already can cover the whole map or the main strategic points. I already have stated and emphasized that on other forums too.

Cover all map with emplacement in 4v4 is simply impossible.
    4 months ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,802
    > @DarjeelingMK7 said:
    > > @Balanced_Gamer said:
    > > 1v1 is definitely possible to counter. Just in 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 it just becomes difficult or very difficult to counter as they can already can cover the whole map or the main strategic points. I already have stated and emphasized that on other forums too.
    >
    > Cover all map with emplacement in 4v4 is simply impossible.

You say that but I've played some real shitty 4vs.....
    4 months ago
    > @thedarkarmadillo said:
    > > @DarjeelingMK7 said:
    > > > @Balanced_Gamer said:
    > > > 1v1 is definitely possible to counter. Just in 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 it just becomes difficult or very difficult to counter as they can already can cover the whole map or the main strategic points. I already have stated and emphasized that on other forums too.
    > >
    > > Cover all map with emplacement in 4v4 is simply impossible.
    >
    > You say that but I've played some real shitty 4vs.....

Indeed, Sometime there are cancerous 4 Brit teams.