Munitions and Fuel Caches

1 year ago
KiethSomataw99KiethSoma… Posts: 78
edited April 14 in General Discussion

I've always been hoping for the change to the cost of caches. The increase in MP cost to 250 makes most factions a lot more vulnerable to early rushes and harassment, particularly from the OKW and the Kubelwagen raiders. Plus, the OKW has early game AT to demolish the caches easily. This really had a negative impact on the balance of the game.

My suggestion is one that goes between pre and post patch: for each player the first munitions or fuel cache costs 200 manpower; once any cache is laid the cost goes up to 250 manpower for the rest of the game. This add a little more depth of strategy for most factions as you should pick a sector to secure early on for a lower cost. The durability, armor, resource bonus, and build time remain the same.

Overall, this change improves counterplay from enemy early game rushing and harassment if built early game. But the first cache doesn't have to be built in the early game. It could be build late game to make it harder for the enemy to cut supply lines and significantly curtail income. I want good opinions about this change, and if you dislike my suggestion, I want good reasons for it, not excuses.

Comments

1 year ago

This game discourage static defence. Why don't you use the 250 MP build another squad to defend that resource point? Cache is just not worthy its price unless in 3V3 or 4V4 cases.

1 year ago

@addvaluejack said:
    This game discourage static defence. Why don't you use the 250 MP build another squad to defend that resource point? Cache is just not worthy its price unless in 3V3 or 4V4 cases.

Well, squads take up population cap. Caches do not. And Bunkers or fighting positions need munitions to be able to defend themselves.

1 year ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,681

Stop spamming caches in early game.
    There, fixed your "balance L2P" problem.

If you build wrong stuff, then you can't fight when you should, nothing to do with balance, but with your terrible 4v4 lolfest build order.

1 year ago

@Katitof said:
    Stop spamming caches in early game.
    There, fixed your "balance L2P" problem.

If you build wrong stuff, then you can't fight when you should, nothing to do with balance, but with your terrible 4v4 lolfest build order.

Spamming caches? My idea encourages at least one cache (or even just one) in the early game, not a lot. The first cache is cheaper but further caches are more expensive.

1 year ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,681

Its irrelevant, if you don't focus on army, especially in early game where map control is crucial, you get stomped by player who does, nothing to do with balance, just you doing wrong BO.

1 year ago

@Katitof said:
    Its irrelevant, if you don't focus on army, especially in early game where map control is crucial, you get stomped by player who does, nothing to do with balance, just you doing wrong BO.

Yeah, well maybe the cost doesn't necessarily mean it is necessary to build it in the early game. It just makes only the first caches, even mid or late game, cheaper. So you can focus on the army early on and have at least one cache later in the game.

1 year ago
    38Lightning38Lightni… Posts: 511
    edited March 2019
    If anything rush only 1 catch and set up a defensive position. Try to keep in green cover or bunker get your first light vehicle out asap and micro the hell out of it to conserve manpower. At least in 4v4 this is not so bad.
    As far as against okw sturmpioneer have enough firepower to kill catches so good luck. Possibly their way of countering the fact they cannot build any, that's usually null and void in team play though giving them way more then their typical fuel income but what can ya do about that really.
    1 year ago

I only build those in mainly 3v3 and 4v4. Every faction can build it except OKW. Axis requires much AT to destroy it or explosives. They dont really have as much close range DPS which can shred caches except for OKW. Usually a satchel charge does the job but neither has it, takes a while for them to destroy it.

Why cant OKW build it by the way? It is not like it is as powerful as Wolfenstein or the strongest in game. At least that is how I see it in game.

1 year ago
    SpajN34SpajN34 Posts: 7

Completely a noob issue, you should never build early caches. Against decent players they will if not destroy it early game atleast take more mapcontrol which is resources for free. You are paying for more resources income and give up map control which would grant you more free resources. It's bad.

2 months ago

@SpajN34 said:
    Completely a noob issue, you should never build early caches. Against decent players they will if not destroy it early game atleast take more mapcontrol which is resources for free. You are paying for more resources income and give up map control which would grant you more free resources. It's bad.

The cache DOES NOT NEED TO BE BUILT IN THE EARLY GAME. It can be built late game as well but it only saves 50 manpower for the entire game if you choose to build even one cache. So far this game is unbalanced and biased towards harassment and rushing, something the OKW is best at. This is merely a small deviation from that.

2 months ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 856

Do u really have to join a conversation from 1 year ago?

2 months ago

You all know that increasing the cost of caches ruined the game balance even more. My idea was a middle ground in terms of cost yet you all spit on my idea. As of now, the game is really unbalanced and favors harassment.

2 months ago

More appalling, the community that does the "unbalancing" of multiplayer spits on this suggestion, just like the others.

2 months ago
    bhuminhbhuminh Posts: 6

harassment is a part of the game and cache are not suppose to be built when your front are not secure