Official Selection and Voting Discussion

2 months ago
Andy_REAndy_RE Posts: 250 admin

Hey all,

Please use this thread to discuss the selected commanders, the voting, and anything else related to this stage of the update.

Comments

2 months ago

I really hope that the Anti-Tank Tactics wins for the OKW. It really sounds cool to give a lot of options for AT Infantry, and it sounds like Relic likes it a lot more as well.
    Lend-Lease Regiment for the British is probably going to win, and I can't blame people. Having options to call in American units is awesome.
    I'm not sure which USF doctrine will win, Urban Assault would certainly be exciting, though support company sounds useful as well, if not as exciting.
    OST seems mostly up in the air. They have so many doctrines already its hard to come up with a new combination.
    An airborne commander for the soviets is just way too good. I'd be incredibly surprised if it doesn't win.

2 months ago
    Naya_TyanNaya_Tyan Russia Posts: 122

@Andy_RE said:
    Hey all,

Please use this thread to discuss the selected commanders, the voting, and anything else related to this stage of the update.

Hello Andy_RE
    And where are the options commanders?
    But I did not quite understand your description.

2 months ago
    edited February 27

~~If the description of options:
    1) ZiS-6 "Soviet truck" -When deployed next to the Katyusha, mortars and SU-76 (Ability artillery). They speed recharge abilities by 35-45%. The time of hardening 5-7 seconds.
    2) Soviet paratroopers.

• The composition of 5-6 people (among them a medic).
    • Armament includes: 3x Mosin, 2x SV-40 and 1x Sniper rifle SVT-40 or Mosin with a special ability "Target".
    • Target = Automatic sniper rifle does not shoot but only at the target. For example: the OKV has a "Storm-officer", after killing its main detachment.
    • Cost Soviet paratroopers 360-420 Human resource.
    • May be masked Only on the Yellow shelter.

3) Technique of war or Soviet industry.

4) For the Motherland (Modified).

• Now she can inspire Technique.

5) Assault kit (modified) = In the place of "Assault Kit for Conscripts"

• Now Sappers are armed with 4 PPSh-41 or 4x SVT-40
    • Now the Recruits are armed with 1-2x DP-28 and Hand grenade (you need to investigate the Molotov cocktail)
    • Now Penalties are armed with 3 PPSh-41

6) Commissioner (Modified)

• Remove Abilities: Stand Your Ground ability and Fight to the Death ability. Since they are not effective.
    • Change the two abilities turn on the aura for 20-25 seconds and recharge 35-40 seconds.~~
    2 months ago
    ComradComrad Posts: 118

In principle, I have shown a variant of the commander, but it is worth noting that the Soviet Union needed something strong at the beginning and at the end (really strong and not "Zeroing Artillery" ). Soviet paratroopers and Hero of the Soviet Union. Only one commander.
    https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/243676/new-commander-logistic-support-tactics#latest
    https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/245439/new-abilities-for-a-new-commander#latest

2 months ago
    MartevallMartevall Posts: 104
    In my opinion these doctrines bring somethink new and fresh :
    OKW- "advanced panzer tactics doctrine" made by Karapapagan
    OST- "crouding out the enemy "
    Soviet -. "Elite force tactics " made by Karapapagan
    USF- "Urban tactics company " made also by Karapapagan
    TBF- " lend-lease doctrine"
    2 months ago
    In my opinion these doctrines bring somethink new and fresh :
    OKW- "advanced panzer tactics doctrine" made by Karapapagan
    OST- "crouding out the enemy "
    Soviet -. "Elite force tactics " made by Karapapagan
    USF- "Urban tactics company " made also by Karapapagan
    TBF- " lend-lease doctrine"
    2 months ago
    SerpentSerpent Posts: 7
    edited February 26
    I would love to see in game these commanders:
    OKW- "advanced panzer tactics doctrine"
    Wehrmacht- "-"
    Bf- "encirclement regiment"
    USF-"Urban tactics company"
    Soviet -" guerilla fighting doctrine"
    2 months ago
    The best doctrines for me are:
    Soviet-"not ssy break through!"
    Bf- " ukf royal armour division"
    USF- " Urban mobility doctrine" but with Sherman m4a3 (76) version
    OKW- "Wehrmacht auxiliary doctrine"
    OST- " last stand doctrine"
    2 months ago

Well, I only play as Soviets so...

Soviet- Deep Battle Tactics, but i really like the idea of a T-34/85 command vehicle and the idea of calling guards.

2 months ago
    VuctorVuctor Posts: 1
    My fovourites :
    OKW- advanced panzer tactics
    Ost- Urban Assault doctrine
    USF- Urban mobility doctrine (commander) (with m4a3 76)
    Ukf- british forces special intelligence
    Regiment
    2 months ago

british forces lend-lease doctrine

2 months ago
    Lnk003Lnk003 Posts: 417
    edited February 27

Tbh i don't feel ost proposals are that great; ost reserve armor seems pretty insane therefore Counterattack Tactics got my vote but it's a bit meh. Like A.grens if still avalaible at 0cp doesn't counterattack anything and as you said in the post ost already have others commanders that more or less fills-in the role like encirclement, lightning war or blitzkrieg even;
    I would rather see a bit of okw taste make it into WH in an aggressive doctrine: fallschirmjäger, KT or tiger ace (reworked as suggested), sturmpios, flak ht, P2...
    Whatever wins please introduce fallschirmjäger into wehr !

UK lend lease is a great one but if it was to win, please still rework bofors. Like i was about to vote G.O.R despite lend lease being superior (imo) just to see bofors getting reworked. G.O.R. also adress another issue witch is sappers lacking caches. It's such an annoying unecessary assymetric design, i hope it will be removed.

2 months ago
    borisvaborisva Posts: 1
    edited February 27

Except Soviet paratroopers (not commander just ability) whole their picks are bad... They will bring nothing new to game. Btw why they don't let community vote all suggestions? Instead of THEIR picks?

2 months ago
    PanzerFutzPanzerFutz Melbourne, OzPosts: 345

@Andy_RE Hi. Any time-frame on when the official selections will be posted? Cheers.

2 months ago

@Andy_RE
    I'm wildly sorry.
    I just did not understand the question of your description.
    But the best solution is:
    Soviet-"not ssy break through!" made by Naya_Tyan
    British- "Assault Operations" made by Henry_Johnston
    USF- "Anti-Fortification Company" made by Phantomio
    OKW- "Mobile Offense Doctrine" made by PanzerFutz
    OST- "Urban Assault Doctrine" made by Karapapagan

2 months ago

@borisva if they let you vote on any doctrine, it would be incredibly difficult to judge. Either a few rise to the top and the rest get barely half a dozen votes, or they all have an average number of votes, making judging a winner require more rounds of voting. Plus, some probably just arent viable. They've likely picked ones that they think will be of benefit to the game and can be implemented in a reasonable fashion.

2 months ago
    It's a pity that "royal tank regiment" cant make it in to the game this time (still hopping for future), but more affordable close range DPS is exactly what UKF need for now.
    I voted for lend lease regiment.
    2 months ago
    edited February 27
    Ok so i think USF commander "specially support comapany "instead of solo dozer ability can be reserve armor
    2 months ago
    YappirYappir Posts: 42

Where i can see selected comanders to vote on?

2 months ago
    ComradComrad Posts: 118
    edited February 27

Sorry, ok:
    Soviet - Airborne
    OKW- advanced panzer tactics
    Ost- Urban Assault doctrine
    USF- Urban mobility doctrine
    Ukf- Ground Operations Regiment

2 months ago

@Yappir You can see the selected commanders if you go here:

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2019/02/25/new-commander-update-community-voting

The commanders haven't been finalized yet so, we don't know exactly what they'll contain. However, reading the submissions they cite gives a pretty good idea of what the commanders will look like. There are 2 options for each faction.
    The voting link is at the bottom of the page.

Here's how I voted:

OKW - Anti-tank/Panzerjaeger (particularly Sander93's version)
    UK - Lend-Lease (I submitted a version so naturally I voted for this)
    US - Urban Assault (they credited me for a submission but it's actually C3Tooth's idea)
    Wehr - Counterattack (too good to pass up, especially if they include a King Tiger)
    Sov - Airborne (both are good but, Airborne is something truly new for the Soviets)

Make the best of your choices. Cheers.

2 months ago
    mrpeedmrpeed Posts: 22
    edited February 27

I don't see the USF Special Support Company being a strong commander really, at least compared to other commanders currently available.

2 months ago

if the soviet have airborn, how do they look ?
    we don't have soviet airborn model in-game before
    conscrip with tank crew helmet or what ?

2 months ago
    I think they will have Access to pps subkachine guns upgrade and six man squad worse than american paratroopers cause they are well trained , but with low health and cost , maybe some grenades vs tanks?
    2 months ago

Hello! I read your suggestion and opinion of subscribers.
    It was very interesting to see the Soviet commanders with the option ability.http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2019/02/25/new-commander-update-community-voting
    The Soviet commander of the Airborne Forces is a very good option, but it says something about the DP-28? I would then add and change the ability of "Assault Kit for Conscripts" to "Assault Kit."
    What does it include:

• "Hit the Dirt" is available to all infantry except for mounted guns and snipers.
    • Sappers can arm 4x SVT-40 for 40/60 ammonium. "Since other nations have Sappers with Assault and semi-automatic rifles. I think this option will be +"
    • Conscripts can arm 1/2 DP-28 and have a grenade (available after improving the Molotov Cocktail) for 60/75 ammonium. "Conscripts are unique infantry, but with the ability to hit the Dirt and PPSh-41 weapons are not very. And add it to the DP-28 will be very effective."
    • Penalties can arm 3 PPSh-41 for 60 ammo. "Since they are armed with explosives and SVT-40 rifles, then why not give them PPSh-41 for assault and the destruction of bunkers?"

If there are Soviet paratroopers.
    What composition, weapons, abilities and cost will be?
    Will they finally?

2 months ago
    SomeguyfromIdahoSomeguyfr… Posts: 77
    edited February 28

OKW Anti-Tank Tactics/ Panzerjäger doctrine
    I really like idea of Panzerfussiliers to having exclusive anti-tank and anti-infantry paths.

However if Grand Offensive is the victor I have a suggestion, along with the mp-40s for volks could we get something for the strum pioneers maybe something that increased squad size or something that makes them more durable like the UKF Heavy Engineers?

UKF Lend Lead Assault Tactics

USF Special Support Company

Wehrmacht Counterattack Tactics
    on improving Assault Grenadiers I have a suggestion:

Assault Grenadiers STG packages

Battle phase 1 unlocks 2XSTG upgrade (60 munitions)
    Battle phase 3 unlocks 2XSTG upgrade (60 munitions)

Soviet Airborne
    sounds fun

2 months ago
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 128
    edited February 28

I think it's hard to vote this way.

For example the Brits: you can choose between
    1) Lend Lease and
    2) Ground Operations

I like one of the Lend LEase commanders, the one with Radio Silence by RoastinGhostin, but another commander in there is a total nono for me (the one offered by Lago). So now I can't vore for RoastinGhostin, because my vote might end up help a commander get into the game that I really don't want...

Same goes for OKW commanders, so my vote went to the commander that has only one plan, while I actually preferrred one of the other three.

Why do we have to vote like this and not just make a top 3, or a top 5 of each faction?

The Wehr commanders are both a bit tame in their options, so I voted for the most complete one without any added ideas by the devs, the Smartie commander.

I don't care about USF as I never play them, but they don't have any urban cqc commander and it would be cool to see something else than assault engineers to fight with/against. So my vote went to Urban Assault.

For Soviets I had one clear favourite: "Elite force tactics " made by Karapapagan, but since we can not vote for it, I voted for the commander that got the hint of the Red Banner T34-85, becasue I really want to play with that.

2 months ago
    YappirYappir Posts: 42

@PanzerFutz
    So i am voting on things and i do not know what i am voting for....
    At least they got the feels of real elections spot on.

2 months ago
    Aiborne82Aiborne82 Posts: 16
    edited March 1

I totally want that Lend Lease doctrine for the Brits, not giving them a standard Sherman though will probably be the biggest opportunity missed in these new commanders both historically and gameplay speaking

2 months ago

@Yappir At this point, the names of the doctrines are all we are voting on. What they will actually contain is still anyone's guess. You are right - it's a lot like real voting. You have to make your choice and only later will you find out what you finally get.

It's a pretty half-arsed way of doing things but, it's easy to see why they're doing it. By giving us a speculative choice, based on unspecified rosters, they can lay the blame on the players if we don't like the new commanders when they release them. The update post is full of could's, might's and maybe's - all weasel words meant to cover their arses if they don't include the items listed.

Anyone who thinks the final doctrines will look anything like any specific proposal made by an individual player is in for a rude shock. They are going to cherry-pick the players' ideas they like and combine them with their own ideas to create the new doctrines they want. It is just like real voting - meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Voting should not have been done until they had narrowed down the proposals to their final form. Then we could make informed choices, like adults.