USF Airborne Company P47 Rocket Strafe Issue

7 months ago

Dear,

I have a question about the USF Airborne P47 rocket.

Today I found that P 47 rocket could follow the vehicles even out of circle. I'm not sure if this a bug. My panzer wass in the circle and USF call P47, then I moved back, out of circle to base area. When I am definitely sure that I have been far away from that circle (about one 29' screen wide), P47 flied back and threw another round of rocket on my Panzer. Thankfully it missed but really terrifying.... But the plane caused my pin-point MG started to shoot and showed my position in the fog, and then got killed by the enemy's TD.
So I came here to ask whether this is a bug or not.

Thanks!

Comments

7 months ago
    BloodygoodBloodygood Posts: 77

I don't have the definitive answer, but I think that across abilities, damage often falls outside of the circle. My understanding is this is due to "scatter." One of the big gripes I think you can make about this game is that these types of stats are not very open nor available to casual or even seasoned players, which means that balance debates-- even the ones that use strong circumstantial updates-- are often won or lost based not on reality, but whomever tosses around the most convincing, possibly inaccurate numbers.

7 months ago
    YanggesaisiYanggesai… Posts: 32

Oh my, I have typed many of my thoughts and it just disappeared as I misclicked on something I guess.....

So briefly...I will show some screenshot from the reply to make my description more detailed.

I have pin-pointed the P47 circle and the location of my Panzer, as well as the rocket during flight and after explosion. Hopefully these two pics will work well and make it clear.

7 months ago
    YanggesaisiYanggesai… Posts: 32

@Bloodygood said:
    I don't have the definitive answer, but I think that across abilities, damage often falls outside of the circle. My understanding is this is due to "scatter." One of the big gripes I think you can make about this game is that these types of stats are not very open nor available to casual or even seasoned players, which means that balance debates-- even the ones that use strong circumstantial updates-- are often won or lost based not on reality, but whomever tosses around the most convincing, possibly inaccurate numbers.

I really did reply to you and typed a lot but it just disappeared without any draft left......

I was saying that i'm not quite sure to understand your conclusion above, so I wrote what I have got from your paragraph.

Do you mean that the detailed stats of commander's skills are mostly invisible to most players except developers, and some numbers of these skills, which is necessary to maintain the game, is also hard to coordinate perfectly. So that there are sometimes miracle thing happens? Or you just meant that I was biased on it because of my faction in that game...? Anyway, thank you for your comment and thoughts mate!

7 months ago

it was more of an aside, not a comment on your issue, which I agree doesn't seem to make much sense. People talk about relic logic, this p47 scatter (I believe) is one example.

7 months ago

oh when I say "you" I mean "a person," not you in specific. I think this is why you are confused

7 months ago

@Bloodygood

Ah, I got what you meant now. So... just hoping relic cold fix such problems as soon as possible....(fi they could....)

Anyhow, thanks for your attention sir!

7 months ago

I just thought of something other than scatter which could explain this. Perhaps your tank spent a certain amount of time in the circle, and even though it had just escaped the circle, it was still "owed" a barrage from the time spent within the circle, and the animation was late to arrive. If this is what happened, fixing it would involve improving the accuracy and/or damage of the p47 while tanks are strictly inside the circle, which might disappoint enemies even more than now. One thing to consider about the p47 rocket strike is it costs a lot of munitions, so spending it is somewhat of a risk for usf-- they have to make sure it will be "worth" it by the damage it causes, instead of spending the muni on other things like bars, bazookas, etc.

7 months ago

@Bloodygood said:
    I just thought of something other than scatter which could explain this. Perhaps your tank spent a certain amount of time in the circle, and even though it had just escaped the circle, it was still "owed" a barrage from the time spent within the circle, and the animation was late to arrive. If this is what happened, fixing it would involve improving the accuracy and/or damage of the p47 while tanks are strictly inside the circle, which might disappoint enemies even more than now. One thing to consider about the p47 rocket strike is it costs a lot of munitions, so spending it is somewhat of a risk for usf-- they have to make sure it will be "worth" it by the damage it causes, instead of spending the muni on other things like bars, bazookas, etc.

well, I don't think I was owing that P47 another round of strike.... Because as soon as the smoke started, I began to leave the circle, even though, I still got one full round of strike. So if the first round I got, it's ok, I could understand it with full satisfication. But since I leave the circle for such a long distance, I still got bombed, it must be something wrong. The Goliath Commander used to be like this remember, and then the relic fix it. So I guess it might be the same problem of some codes....