British and usf artillery

5 days ago
Will the British or usf ever get stock artillery barrage options?
I know they both have call in arty for munitions but it just is not the same and you cant counter barrage when you choose a commander other than an arty commander makeing it hard to choose the commanders you would rather be playing as it leaves a wide whole in tactics without Russia katushas.

Comments

5 days ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,716
    They both have mobile howitzers doctrinal if you so desire them. If not making use of the fantastic tools in their core army as an alternative is your best bet.
    4 days ago
    38Lightning38Lightni… Posts: 123
    I did mention commander arty. Idk what these fantastic tools are. Nothing has that burst damage. I usually winde up recrewing and bleeding manpower In the long run.
    3 days ago
    Sherman HE, Scott, major arty, powerful infantry, pak howi. Various doctrinal units
    Centaur, mortar pit, bofors, comet WP, base howis. Various other commander options.
    3 days ago
    edited April 16
    these units are somehow special?
    Sherman's get negated by shreck unlike brumbar vs bazooka or similar ai tanks like flack.
    Centaur sits in a good spot tanky and also has aa capability.

Scott not going to stop a blob like rocket trucks etcetra or hit a tightly grouped defensive line killing off multiple support units.

Scott still serves a purpose In my opinion of only being a survivable 75mm pack howitzer as it can withstand a stuka barrage and offer smoke at the expense of decreased range and increased cost/ maneuvering hense just a more survivable howitzer.

Mortar pit is stationary and so is an easy target also not the best option against mobile mg units across the map.

Bofor is just a cheaper okw hq with less penatration less hp less range ide rather get the car which has better resource preservation and just use mg crews.

Powerful infantry is just how you use them currently as all factions have their preferred way of utilizing them in an optimal fashion and overall the Inf game is very solid across the board.

Comet I will give you that is a solid unit.

Major and base arty suffer the same red flare problem as units can just run unlike rocket arty, have to be within visual range and really not that great vs structures either.

Brits and usf just need atleast to have that stock unit barrage spot filled In without the need for a commander although I dont minde a more powerful unit as what a commander should be used for. Not just to fill a hole in the faction. As everything currently feels.
    3 days ago
    If they get stock arty, which they won't, because they don't need it, they will need to lose other things. You can't have it all.
    3 days ago
    In that case I would be more then happy to lose major and base arty as it just makes other abilities redundant.
    3 days ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 245

If they get stock arty, which they won't, because they don't need it, they will need to lose other things. You can't have it all.

Im not trying to bias Allies but

Power full starting unit Sturm: check
    Volk can do everything without sidetech: check
    Elite infantry Obersodaten: check
    Map hack InfraredHT: check
    6 heavy rocket at 7mins Stuka: check
    Various Light Puma & Luch: check
    ATgun in tier0: check
    Medium Pz4: check
    Premium medium Panther: check
    Super heavy King tiger: check

It doesnt mean I ask USF & Brit to have non-doc arty, just asking what is the option that Okw doesnt have?

14 hours ago
    BloodygoodBloodygood Posts: 55

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    Sherman HE, Scott, major arty, powerful infantry, pak howi. Various doctrinal units
    Centaur, mortar pit, bofors, comet WP, base howis. Various other commander options.

Axis heat Shells, Puma, mortar officer, powerful infantry, le1g, various doctrinal units
    Ostwind, grw, flack halftrack, pintle-mounted tank mgs, lefh. Various other commander options.

What you meant to say is "you can't have it all, only axis can."

4 hours ago
    robocskarobocska Posts: 4

So
    @thedarkarmadillo said:

Axis heat Shells, Puma, mortar officer, powerful infantry, le1g, various doctrinal units
    Ostwind, grw, flack halftrack, pintle-mounted tank mgs, lefh. Various other commander options.

What you meant to say is "you can't have it all, only axis can."

half of the unit/ability is doctrinal
    Okw don't have ostwind can't call mortar offficer
    Wehr don't have heat le1g the USF field howitzer and Mortal enplacment easly counter the Grw

btw alieas have more option for arty

Soviets bacis mortar ,120 mm mortal katyusa, b4 , bacis howitzer
    USF 81mm, field howitzer .Priest ,Caliope
    Brits Mortal enplacment,Land matress.Saxton

Axis
    Ost Basic mortal ,leif, panzerwerfer
    Okw Leig stuka leif

And you guys want more for alies becuse "only axis can."

4 hours ago
    robocskarobocska Posts: 4

Oh i forgot the USF scott my bad