Osttruppen doctrine feedback/suggestions

3 months ago

Back in my day when this was all orchards, osttruppen doctrine had an ability that converted fuel directly to munitions.

this would mean an osttruppen player would at most get a single piece of armor, and convert the rest of munitions for panzerfausts and railway artillery.

but now the doctrine has to sacrifice vital manpower to call in munitions. the whole point of having munitions to fuel was that you didn't need fuel as osttruppen.

this was how the doctrine was designed to be used - it's a specifically low qulaity infantry heavy doctrine. it was the only place in the entire game including the russian faction, where true power of numbers was used. i always imagined that the osttruppen commander was a WW1 leader who wanted his men to go "over the top"

but this has also been heavily nerfed now, as the weak infantry now cost 200, only 40 less than far superior conscript or grens.

suggestion: reduce osttrupen cost to original rear echelon cost of 170, -30 manpower from current price, giving 70 manpower discount over superior conscript or grens and 30 over pioneers.

suggestion 2: re-introduce fuel to munitions for infantry specific doctrines. reduce it's effectiveness by 25% so more fuel is lost.

Comments

3 months ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 393

Ammo & Fuel are the 'actual resource' that you have to work to get. Able to convert between Ammo & Fuel makes it easier to play. As it means, you dont have to work to take the fuel in the middle of the map, but by holding ammo near your base, you gain fuel (and it works the same with ammo in middle of the map & fuel near your base).

Manpower however, it limits your army. The choice between getting another squad, or that 30fuel, is harder to decide.

I hope double resource ability will not exist in Coh3.
    We had a 3v3 game vs 1 Ost & 2 Okw. Where 1Ost 1Okw attack & hold a fuel, setup heavy defense, then leave Ost to keep the fuel while 2Okw harass to the cut point of another fuel. The Ost use cargo plane drop fuel for a Okw to take. A King come at 12m30s, we didnt even have a single Medium.

3 months ago
    OsttruppenOsttruppen Posts: 21

@C3Tooth said:
    Ammo & Fuel are the 'actual resource' that you have to work to get. Able to convert between Ammo & Fuel makes it easier to play. As it means, you dont have to work to take the fuel in the middle of the map, but by holding ammo near your base, you gain fuel (and it works the same with ammo in middle of the map & fuel near your base).

Manpower however, it limits your army. The choice between getting another squad, or that 30fuel, is harder to decide.

I hope double resource ability will not exist in Coh3.
    We had a 3v3 game vs 1 Ost & 2 Okw. Where 1Ost 1Okw attack & hold a fuel, setup heavy defense, then leave Ost to keep the fuel while 2Okw harass to the cut point of another fuel. The Ost use cargo plane drop fuel for a Okw to take. A King come at 12m30s, we didnt even have a single Medium.

you dont know what you're talking about, cargo plane and fuel to munitions are completely different abilities with different costs and capabilities. fuel to munitions can only go one direction.

3 months ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 393

Im talking about beside cache for bonus resource, I hope there is no other options to gain resource either exchange ammo to fuel or vice versa, or other option like cargo truck or plane.

3 months ago
    OsttruppenOsttruppen Posts: 21

@C3Tooth said:
    Im talking about beside cache for bonus resource, I hope there is no other options to gain resource either exchange ammo to fuel or vice versa, or other option like cargo truck or plane.

there was, they just removed it. made luftwaffe supply doctrine basically the same thing as osttruppen doctrine, lol. bad change. and also made luftwaffe doc the same as luftwaffe supply too, just better. so really shit on supply doc all round.