Imperial Japanese Force

1 year ago
Maki9086Maki9086 Posts: 2

Is it possible to add the Imperial Japanese Force to the Company of Heroes 2? If can this could be great for a new Asia Campaign and a new Asian Faction to the game.

Tagged:

Comments

1 year ago
    VegnaVegna Posts: 983

Of course they could add them, however making sure they were fun and balanced is another thing all together.

1 year ago
    Maki9086Maki9086 Posts: 2

One problem will be about the Japanese tanks, most of them are very paper thin armour.

1 year ago
    TheWiseTheWise Posts: 63

I'd say - rather easy to add, very hard to balance (especially for late game) - exactly due to their lackluster tanks.

1 year ago

I apologize for the self-promotion, but you may be interested in this:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1681429371

I did my best to balance Japan without adding fictional equipment. Instead of a heavy tank, they get an infantry squad that costs fuel, resists explosive damage, can sprint/break suppression for free, can't retreat, etc.

1 year ago
    Balanced_GamerBalanced_… Posts: 200

@RoastinGhost said:
    I apologize for the self-promotion, but you may be interested in this:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1681429371

I did my best to balance Japan without adding fictional equipment. Instead of a heavy tank, they get an infantry squad that costs fuel, resists explosive damage, can sprint/break suppression for free, can't retreat, etc.

I like the effort. It would be great if the Devs could support your work and make another axis faction happen. To come into existence in Coh2. It would make the game certainly a lot more fun and bring more popularity!

10 months ago

It would be nice to see other's Axis power in the game.

6 months ago

@Maki9086 said:
    One problem will be about the Japanese tanks, most of them are very paper thin armour.

putting them on the european theatre would be historically inaccurate at maybe they could atleast put the japanese medium and heavy tanks in it since putting the jap in the european theatre be historically inaccurate.

6 months ago

@PersonanonGrata said:
    putting them on the european theatre would be historically inaccurate at maybe they could atleast put the japanese medium and heavy tanks in it since putting the jap in the european theatre be historically inaccurate.

Even then they'd still struggle, and opens the doors for the Soviets and Allies to get their unused but produced heavy tanks.

5 months ago
    PersonanonGrataPersonano… Posts: 25

@Vegna said:

@PersonanonGrata said:

Even then they'd still struggle, and opens the doors for the Soviets and Allies to get their unused but produced heavy tanks.

@Vegna said:

@PersonanonGrata said:

There's what we call balancing.

5 months ago

@PersonanonGrata said:

No it's not. Balancing is with stats. It's moving goal posts to make them slightly interesting and try to counter the issues of micro managing such a faction.

5 months ago
    PersonanonGrataPersonano… Posts: 25

@Vegna said:

@PersonanonGrata said:

No it's not. Balancing is with stats. It's moving goal posts to make them slightly interesting and try to counter the issues of micro managing such a faction.

Do you know Generals? How about the example of how the GLA is played, maybe the Japs can be played with that strategy. I don't think micromanaging a defensive and ambush oriented faction would be that hard.