Sturmpio 2 Pzshreks and revamp Raketenwerfer

1 month ago

Hi guys

I really think it would be great if Sturmpio could get access to 2 Pzshreks. I really do not understand why there are limited to 1 only considering that other factions can have 2 so I think it would be fair. You can purchase 1 as currently now for 70 ammo, and If you want another, it will cost another 70 ammo. 2 Pzshreks will cost 140 ammo in total.

Balance Raketenwerfer.

Remove Camo completely. Make range as any other. As expensive as any other AT gun. Available in HQ after 1 Base built. Instead of Camo, I was thinking HE shells to make it kind of interesting or different.
The reason why Rak needs changes because it can be unbalanced in the beginning but becomes arguably the worst AT scale late game. OKW without tanks have zero proper AT capabilities as they lack the proper choices late game.

I think this fix certain aspects of the game!

Comments

1 month ago
    Balanced_GamerBalanced_… Posts: 173

Forgot also to mention. Since OKW will not have Rak early.

Volks can have early snares or Panzerfaust.

1 month ago
    38Lightning38Lightni… Posts: 194
    Usf at is also 270mp but more damage and cant retreat or cloak(instead hvap and range boost). So I dont really think rak needs to be more expensive as it is for a simple pen or range boost and get rid of cloak as you sudjest it could very well stay same price.

Right now rak just have survivability compaired to penetration but okw could use something better vs more heavily armored vehicles when no armor themselves.

Some have also sudjested giveing okw pack 40.

I'm not sure how raketens should make changes to better balance them out.

As far as double shreck they are pretty potent and I dont like wehrmacht haveing double as it is they shred usf more lightly armored vehicles of course same as rak since they can be massed easier.

So I feel a balance needs to be better struck where they can pen heavier vehicles but not shred lighter ones like usf vehicles.
    2 weeks ago

I agree with you.

I do think Pak40 is a better resolution for OKW since Raketenwerfer can be long-winded and annoying. They shred light vehicles but mid-late they get shredded themselves easily.

Pak40 is balanced in many aspects in comparison especially in terms of scaling.

The fact is, they can not get as easily access to medium tanks compared to other factions also due to the risks they have to endure.

2 weeks ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 339

USF ATgun doesnt deal more damage. All ATgun deal 160hp, equal to a tank round.

One way to fix Rak is it take longer reload time, however gain higher pen when fire in camo mode. This will make Rak less op to Light vehicles, but better for Heavy (or Medium if do camo). Of course get rid moving in camo mode.

2 weeks ago
    BloodygoodBloodygood Posts: 72

I stole a rak last game and it defended my bofors brilliantly. It killed a Panther in the mid to late game.

The rak is a great at gun, and one of the best examples of everyone's favorite cliche, asymmetric balance. Anyone who wants their rak to be replaced with a pak should pick a different faction, namely, wehr.

As for double shreks, you would need to consider de-buffing their rate of fire and penetration values to bring them in line with double zooks or piats, and/or removing the volks snare, as this would work more synergistically than usf abilities.

6 days ago

@Bloodygood said:
    I stole a rak last game and it defended my bofors brilliantly. It killed a Panther in the mid to late game.

The rak is a great at gun, and one of the best examples of everyone's favorite cliche, asymmetric balance. Anyone who wants their rak to be replaced with a pak should pick a different faction, namely, wehr.

As for double shreks, you would need to consider de-buffing their rate of fire and penetration values to bring them in line with double zooks or piats, and/or removing the volks snare, as this would work more synergistically than usf abilities.

The likelihood that Raketenwerfer would get any tank kills in comparison to any other AT gun is slimmer. Its only useful when used against any enemy who is unprepared and unaware. Otherwise it is terrible in most cases. Rak needs some changes since OKW suffers AT heavily. They already suffer in relation to fuel. They can not have both Fuel and AT problems as they do now! It is either one or the other. Both is unbalanced.

I suggested Sturmpio should get 2 Panzerbursche instead since 1 Pzshrek currently is lackluster especially for a price of 70 ammo.

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/245914/okw-all-raketenwerfer-43-anti-tank#latest
    Comment 25#, can see what I think needs changes and why!

6 days ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 339
    edited June 13
    Funny that I see Katiof tell you to play Ost if you want double shreck of PzGren and cache. Bloody tell you to play Ost if you want Rak has more pen and range and survival-bility of Pak.

Honestly, just play Ost.
    5 days ago

@C3Tooth said:
    Funny that I see Katiof tell you to play Ost if you want double shreck of PzGren and cache. Bloody tell you to play Ost if you want Rak has more pen and range and survival-bility of Pak.

Honestly, just play Ost.

Changing to a different faction does not solve anything.

It is like saying oh Maxim and Conscripts are bad an it should be changed. Then someone say (like you said C3Tooth and Katitof) say it should be/stay as it is and jump into another faction if dont like the current, in this case for OKW. And yet they are getting adjustments. So what does this prove!

I am happy to see SU and Allies getting some improvements but you guys (C3Tooth and Katitof) only seem to see things more opinionated!

Ignoring certain facts and self evident features that anyone can realise through their lack of proificient AT gear on top of Fuel deficit is rather unbalanced for OKW. Honestly, anyone can see this in their flexible minds. Even the Devs are open to changes which I am very fond of!

Therefore, it is not a problem to see fit to adjusting OKW's AT problems.

I ask you this, can you go Med 1v1 instead of Mechanized? Then you ask me, what does this have to do with anything we are talking about.

The answer for many especially pros like VonIvan go always Mechanized because of the simple obvious fact that they do not have proper AT enough to keep them alive/sustained.

If Rak and Sturmpio was proficient enough which is currently not, then MED base could actually be a viable option in 1v1. That is why it is impossible in many case scenarios to even use FHT. Mechanized has Puma to protect, but without it can not protect other vehicles for OKW and that is self-evident. Raketenwerfer and Sturmpio does not qualify as proper AT.

_Reason being is Sturmpio AT is lackluster and not scary enough as any other factions AT infantry unit (examples are: Penals , Pzgrens, Royal Engineers, USF Riflemen with 2 bazooks on top of snare, and UKF royal engineer) options. All the others having it better since they can have 2 AT weapons for infantry USF, SU, UKF and WEHR (wehr has no snare for AT Pzgren unit) with snares. OKW Sturmpio is limited to 1 and no snares. That is lackluster indeed!_

Rak, dont have to repeat myself! I explained it already.

All in all, OKW in terms of AT needs some adjusting!.