4v4 13 minute Tigers

8 months ago

I don't know what the thought process was of completely removing cp requirements considering what the allies already have to deal with in Large Team Games.

Heck if you know what could Have been done different I am all ears but I feel we were having a fairly back and forth Game for a bit.
It Seemed to me my allies knew what they were doing so the game was not so lopsided on skill as I have seen.

Comments

8 months ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 711
    I had a 12min King.
    3v3 vs Ost,Okw,Okw. The Ost gave cargo fuel to an Okw. The other Okw use full potential of Lights.
    8 months ago
    ankleankle Posts: 32
    edited June 2019

ahh yes.. i thought there was a patch, just played 3v3 and got 3 tigers, lol the "balance" team are dedicated in ruining this game

zero thought to 3v3/4v4 balance since late 2017, are you guys trying to get less people playing the game?

ridiculous, just when you think it couldn't get any worse

it was complete blobbing until the tigers came out.. honestly... these patches are not only wasting relics money they are destroying the game, roll back EVERYTHING to late 2017/2018 patch

what a disaster... more blobbing than ever, more cheese than ever.. disgraceful

over 3 thousand hours, i always choose the hardest faction to play with, when brits came out i played 90% axis... that was the only time team games were largely favoured to allies...

peak balance 2017/2018 lasted months and since then it's be a solid decline for the allies, it is so ridiculous now.. i give up.. no point playing either side now in team games, axis zero challenge and allies more ridiculous than ever.. yes thats how bad the state of teams games are.. congratulations "balance" team

8 months ago
    Balanced_GamerBalanced_… Posts: 200

@ankle said:

ahh yes.. i thought there was a patch, just played 3v3 and got 3 tigers, lol the "balance" team are dedicated in ruining this game

zero thought to 3v3/4v4 balance since late 2017, are you guys trying to get less people playing the game?

ridiculous, just when you think it couldn't get any worse

it was complete blobbing until the tigers came out.. honestly... these patches are not only wasting relics money they are destroying the game, roll back EVERYTHING to late 2017/2018 patch

what a disaster... more blobbing than ever, more cheese than ever.. disgraceful

over 3 thousand hours, i always choose the hardest faction to play with, when brits came out i played 90% axis... that was the only time team games were largely favoured to allies...

peak balance 2017/2018 lasted months and since then it's be a solid decline for the allies, it is so ridiculous now.. i give up.. no point playing either side now in team games, axis zero challenge and allies more ridiculous than ever.. yes thats how bad the state of teams games are.. congratulations "balance" team

I am glad the balance team brought some generals although I believe they missed some other important that I believe needs fixing too. The balance team has done a good job! Nothing can be done perfect but do appreciate the effort they have made in bringing all this content for us all!. OKW however has not received any real changes or general improvements, that is quite unfortunate!

Tiger currently, it should get CP (I think it should be around 10-12 CP when heavy tanks usually become available) just like any other heavy tank timing availability. The regular Tiger does have the CP around 12 so that is fine. The Tiger Ace I believe, 0 CP but you have to research everything and build even the Last Base in order to get it. It is balanced in some way but I still feel that it should deserve like a CP point around 10-12. All heavy tanks should be around the same timing, around 10-12 CP I believe!

8 months ago

First sentence was supposed to be.

I am glad the balance team brought some generals changes although I believe they have missed some other important elements that I believe needs fixing too

8 months ago

@Balanced_Gamer said:
    The balance team has done a good job!

the balance team did a great job back in late 2017, early 2018, you're probably new to the game and don't appreciate the current state of it, or worse dedicated to playing a single faction

at any rate i'm no longer interested in coh2, i'll take a peak at coh3 when it comes out but for now im in the hunt for something thats more challenging/rewarding

8 months ago

@ankle said:

@Balanced_Gamer said:
    The balance team has done a good job!

the balance team did a great job back in late 2017, early 2018, you're probably new to the game and don't appreciate the current state of it, or worse dedicated to playing a single faction

at any rate i'm no longer interested in coh2, i'll take a peak at coh3 when it comes out but for now im in the hunt for something thats more challenging/rewarding

I am not new to the game.
    I am not dedicated to one single faction either.
    Why are assuming that and it is rude!

Here is what I said if can not comprehend what was stated exactly.

"The balance team has done a good job! Nothing can be done perfect(ly) but do appreciate the effort they have made in bringing all this content for us all!"

So there is some flaws involved. That why I suggested CP limit set to all heavy tanks. Tiger is something everyone brought up. So, how is it that irrelevant!

8 months ago
    dukejasondukejason Posts: 1,395 mod

I think the balance team got it right with no cp requirement.

8 months ago
    robocskarobocska Posts: 27

Idk me and my pal playing with the new soviet and brit commander and we almost win every match (our rank is leaderboard 12-13 so yes we not that good) btw only today kill 3 tiger with t-34 ram IL 2 rocket run

8 months ago
    javabaljavabal Posts: 88

That happened to me. I have no idea who thinks the patch. But COME ON! tiger without CP, tiger ace without CP. And they dont fix the problem with the Raketenwerfer where a lot of people are talking or the new super spam Assault Grenadiers and Panzergrenadiers (because the Wehrmacht need double panzerschreck in the begining for destroy all my light tanks when I try to kill theys Mgs, and obviously, do not forget that they have Panzerfaust without spending more resources.). COME ON! In the next patch, axis will start with the king tiger!

8 months ago

Raketenwerfer is the worst AT support weapon in game simply and that needs changes. Nerfs and buffs!

Pzfausts and Pzshreks all cost a lot of ammo. So it does require spending more ammo.

Tiger without CP is quite an issue but I think it might be balanced in this way because, How can the person acquire the ability to purchase a Tiger for 800 manpower and 250 fuel?

800 is hell of a lot of manpower especially waiting to gain 250 fuel. Especially when you still need to research and build last base costing extra making more than just the price of the Tiger in total. So it means either the axis player is doing well or the allied players are not doing well enough to put to apply pressure or to make it difficult for them to acquire the vehicles.

I have played a lot of team games lately and realised that many allied players (especially on Axis side) do not purchase light vehicles while I mostly do. Even then, they did not use enough support weapons to cover ground. Instead most of what I had encountered lately was a lot of blobbing mostly. Maybe that is why people complain about Tiger!

Because a good player or any player who uses support weapons to counter blobbs commonly will easily gain the advantage. They do not really learn their mistakes these blobbers really since they tend to repeat sometimes. Going into the same area where they were suppressed or heavily sustained casualties over and over again. Some do not change their strategy and that is why many simply got the ticket to getting the Tiger easily!

Well that happened to me a lot lately and I knew that I got a manpower advantage through all that. Especially resource advantage since my team was holding the area properly. Enabling me also to build Fuel caches when necessary.

Using both Light Vehicles and Supports changes the game. Change of strategy which helps also turn the game around. I think the problem mainly is the players not applying enough pressure.

Even then, as a team player, Wehrmacht on the Axis side has always been the better support player. Especially when you can change style of play. With OKW however, holding ground is a lot more difficult and they can not as easily change their style of play since AT accessibility is their issue as being lackluster. Even then Mechanized and Light Vehicles for OKW, its their only way of properly applying pressure sometimes it gets easily countered at most.

Since Allies have proper AT weapons.

So if Light vehciles does not work, use support weapons. OKW does not have that good alternatives but Wehr does.

Using also the right Allied faction for the engagements also helps. Blobbing is simply not the answer which is most common on the allied side. Since blobbing is much more viable on the allied side and not axis.

8 months ago

It is mostly the players that decides the game. The Tiger is not broken or OP. Just need a set limit to all Heavy Tanks!

Here is which faction is best for team games

Allies:
    1# USF (can take ground with the right Tech, mostly Captain)
    2# UKF (can perfectly hold ground and deny heavily enemy resources)
    3# SU ( a mix but countering vehicles is one of their strong specialities)

(SU and UKF vary, depends on which Doctrines are used)

Axis:
    1#WEHR
    2# OKW (although its 2nd place, its worse than that since its not a supportive faction)

Team games ranking in my opinion Overall:

USF > UKF > WEHR > SU > OKW

UKF and WEHR are similar, can be vice versa also!

Early game:

OKW > UKF > USF > SU > WEHR

SU and WEHR vary in early game. SU can counter easily OKW with Penal base (use the right units) early game so it can vary also. UKF and SU could be vice versa.

Mid game:

USF > WEHR > UKF > SU > OKW

(WEHR and UKF vary)

Late game:

WEHR > USF > SU > UKF > OKW

If you want to win team games as Axis, don't pick OKW. Simple rule. Take WEHR.

If you want to win team games as Allies, USF first and use their support weapons since its great. Dont blob only, use support weapons since they are the best also.

UKF next if you are not too comfortable with SU. UKF can easily deny any faction with Bofors covering strategic resources. It is called "easy money". Sim City.

SU varies and really depends on which Doctrine you use.

8 months ago

There is no valid argument to approve deployment of Tiger, Tiger Ace in 10 min , its simple as that.

8 months ago

Ostwind, 10 mins, 21 kills...isn't it little too much ?

8 months ago

@BoogieWoogie said:
    Ostwind, 10 mins, 21 kills...isn't it little too much ?

Ostwind is fine now that it is actually fixed. No changes for Ostwind, now that it is fixed. I am happy they fixed it.

The problem is the Tiger Ace Arrival. As I stated, all heavy tanks should have a CP limit. It's current arrival is unfair being the earliest Heavy Tank to hit the field. If that is the case then all should come at the same time but I would prefer if all arrives late game instead.

So, fix Heavy Tanks timing particularly Tiger Ace, problem solved!

Hopefully Devs do something about it!

8 months ago
    edited June 2019

@Balanced_Gamer said:
    Ostwind is fine now that it is actually fixed. No changes for Ostwind, now that it is fixed. I am happy they fixed it.

it was never a problem of the ostwind being ineffective, it was just a case the the panzer IV being excellent since it's not only a very good medium tank but also a viable anti-infantry unit

this was the main reason why ostwind wasn't that common in games, personally i've always been a fan and didn't think it was particularly under powered

there is a difference between unfavored and under powered believe it not, this is the reason the balance team in the past didn't tweak it.. because it didn't actually need to be tweaked..

unfortunately they've lost all sight of balance in this patch, it's not even close... ridiculous

8 months ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 711
    Ive been in foreign country for a week and finally back to had 3 games last night. Totally destroyed by AssGren, coming with earlier PzGren, coming with Ostwind at 10m and Ace at 13m.

Perhaps Im not able to adapt yet.
    8 months ago
    38Lightning38Lightni… Posts: 415
    edited June 2019
    I used to complain before about pershing coming out super late at the same timeing tigers come out and not being able to gain vet....this is just sad forget playing heavy calvary now it is just not worth it was a struggle before just to hit vet 2 for....grenades.
    7 months ago
    NapalmNapalm Posts: 305 mod

Moving to the balance forum

7 months ago
    Rommel654Rommel654 Fort Eustis, VAPosts: 932 mod

The new quick Tigers have certainly shaken up the pacing. The jury is still out on the impacts for me, but after playing them for a bit I have taken them out of my 4v4 line up - this is why:

The Commanders that have the Tiger ACE (Wehr) are limited operationally.

No recon: Recon that helps with a sniper fight or operational planning and maneuver.

No strategic offmap: This will often leave munitions on the table or used with less impact. No stuka dive bomb or fragmentation for the enemy arty, no JU87's for enemy mobile arty, no strafe, no light arty.

Limited smoke: Smoke only from mortars and storm troopers. Elite has panzer tactician which is most helpful.

The Wehr Tiger Ace commanders are brawlers and are not as flexible in strategic options, dependent on enablers from team mates in bigger games. Their area of interest may be the same, but their area of influence shrank considerably.

Tough early game and their mid game just got a lot tougher with the early Ace. Their success absolutely depends on them dominating and winning the infantry fight, which they are equipped to do.

They are not a one trick pony, but their advantages are predicable.

7 months ago
    mlkmlk Posts: 49

you can read my post "15 min tiger ace coming

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

• © SEGA. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Relic Entertainment, the Relic Entertainment logo, Company of Heroes and the Company of Heroes logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.