Ardennes Assault: Final Mission: Dog Company "Bug Splat Error".

6 months ago

Finished the campaign once with only Airborne Company and got 19902 points. Retrying it the second time, all companies survived but now I am dealing with this bug for the first time. Based on previous posts, assuming this bug was fixed before but could've been introduced again by recent patch.

Comments

6 months ago
    dukejasondukejason Posts: 1,392 mod

@sifat701 said:
    Finished the campaign once with only Airborne Company and got 19902 points. Retrying it the second time, all companies survived but now I am dealing with this bug for the first time. Based on previous posts, assuming this bug was fixed before but could've been introduced again by recent patch.

Hello @sifat701

Can you pls explain the bug in its entirety and please give me your pc specs?

6 months ago
    sifat701sifat701 Posts: 3

PC is Cyberpower Ultra Gaming PC Gua-3400a, none of the specs were changed. AMD Fx 6300 core, AMD radeon r7 250 graphics, 8 gb ram, 2 gb dedicated memory

6 months ago
    sifat701sifat701 Posts: 3

Error: BUGSPLAT
    A problem has been encountered and the program needs to close. Reporting this error will help us make our product better. Please send this error report using the "Send Error Report". All information is treated as confidential and is only used only to improve future versions of this program.

6 months ago

Did you start fresh game on second retry or was it off of save game? @sifat701

5 months ago
    ProrenzoProrenzo Posts: 5
    edited June 20

I am experiencing the same issue here for the final mission of the Ardennes Campaign 'Siegfried Line' !

The game crashes shortly after i take control of my third company (Dog company in my case)
    The enemy troops fight briefly before all retreating and that is where the crash occurs.

This has happened 3 times at the same spot.

Ive started the Ardennes Campaign about a week ago and have been playing continuously since then.

PC Specs:
    Intel i5 8600k
    16gb ram
    Nvidia GTX1070TI 8GB Ram

Please fix this soon!

5 months ago
    edited June 20

Please post or upload your warnings log from the crash. @Prorenzo @sifat701

5 months ago

The game just closes on its own and the bugsplat error reporting window comes up that looks like this

5 months ago
    baloscbalosc Posts: 6

Similar issue: Starting the 3rd of the final four missions at the end of the game bug splats after about 20 secs.
    (The 4 missions being the 3 individual company missions and final mission).

Completed Airborne and Mech missions. Bug splat about 20 secs in to Ranger mission.

There was a previous bug (fixed March 21st Hotfix) - related?

5 months ago
    edited June 25

The game warnings file of the last time you ran the game is located in your windows user Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2 folder.

5 months ago
    Andy_REAndy_RE Posts: 275 admin

Hey all,

We're aware of this issue and are working to have a fix in place some time next week.

We appreciate your patience and are sorry for the problem.

Andy

5 months ago
    NachtwacheNachtwache Posts: 2
    edited July 6

While you are at it @Andy_RE Please fix the wrong reported dedicated video graphics memory in both RelicCOH2.exe game binary and the worldbuilder.exe binary. Currently with my 8GB graphics card the debug window shows 3072 MB dedicated graphics with spdx11. Snip from the warnings.log. Also the game crashes upon exit/surrender with the warnings saying out of memory. In addition to this exiting the worldbuilder or saving produces similar crash/bugsplat.

SPDx11 -- Adapter [Radeon RX 580 Series]: 3072MB dedicated video memory, 0MB dedicated system memory and 1023MB shared system memory.
    15:06:03.29 SPOOGE - Driver[DirectX11_Rendering_Device] version[4,37]
    15:06:03.30 SPDx11 -- New Device RefCount [2], New DeviceContext RefCount [1]
    15:06:03.31 ADL_Graphics_Versions_Get() failed

Another error is:
    Unable to load shader [dx9_unit_team_tint_dirt_norm_oclu_spec_1bit] so replacing with [defaultshader]

Also:
    MemoryBudget -- Could not load memory budget file [data:MemoryBudget.lua].

Lastly:
    OUT OF MEMORY - Failed to allocate image buffer of 3840000 bytes.

Owner: unknown

-- Fatal Exit --
    image.h/206:!

I suspect it is some c++ code as it gave errors in both a .cpp file and a .h file which could be some VS script error. Also the image buffer failed at only 3.8MB. Not enough memory for that? TChunkManagerIO::Load version 2001 is kinda outdated don't you think?

5 months ago
    GaInGaIn Posts: 19
    edited July 6

Sorry wrong thread.

5 months ago

Here is my warnings .txt file

5 months ago
    NachtwacheNachtwache Posts: 2

What commander were you using.

At Line 739: time 17:18:18.63 GameObj::OnFatalScarError: [Command_PlayerPosAbility, Player (ID 1000) doesn't own ability 'paratroopers_paradrop'

Let me point out a few other things. Your system memory is shown:
    At Line 2: OS Win 10.0 (sp0.0) x64, 16335MB Physical Memory, 8868 Physical Available, 4095 Virtual Total, 3906 Virtual Available, 2432 Page file.

The game for SPDX11 only shows:
    At line 227: time 17:02:20.92 SPDx11 -- Adapter [NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti]: 3072MB dedicated video memory, 0MB dedicated system memory and 1023MB shared system memory.

Why does COH2 only support 3072 MB on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti????? Running on a system where the Primary CPU is a 3600MHz [Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600K CPU @ 3.60GHz.

Relic/Sega please Fix these issues with the SPDX11 shader p50

5 months ago

Not sure what commander I was using.

It seems to trace to the fact that the third company being controlled does not have the paratroopers paradrop ability, which is also not supposed to be there in the first place as the Airborne company is the first company to be controlled in this mission.

17:18:18.63 GameObj::OnFatalScarError: [Command_PlayerPosAbility, Player (ID 1000) doesn't own ability 'paratroopers_paradrop'
    Lua Command.scar"]

In any case, it has been one month since this issue was brought up, by several of us over different forums. It shouldn't be terribly complicated as mentioned above.

Please expedite a patch to fix it and announce it in the patch notes.

4 months ago

hello.....