[Soviet][All] September Patch

1 month ago
Naya_TyanNaya_Tyan Russia Posts: 128

Hello Andy_Re.
I read and studied the test mod "September Patch 1.1".
I am not much satisfied with the Soviet nation.
What about other problems ???

For example:
1) Conscripts - It’s good that you gave the players to facilitate additional people on T3, but this is not the problem and not with PPSh-41.
The affair in their veteran "Trip Wire Flares". I think we need to seriously change it into something or give Conscripts two options:
1-1) Conscripts ‘Trip Wire Flares" ability to replace with the construction of "Machine Gun Emplacement". Why so? The answer to the photos. Conscripts sits on the machine gun.

1-2) Conscripts ‘Trip Wire Flares" ability to replace something else (your options or from subscribers)

2) Tanks: T-34-76, T-34-85 and SU-85.
I don’t know, played in CoH (Eastern Front Mod). There one could notice having an improvement in these tanks.
What kind of simplicity are you?
2-1) T-34-76 and T-34-85 give an improvement in OT-34. Why?
Since your version of the “September Patch 1.1” mod was not calculated, the KV-8 is only available on T4 and not T3. That's why everyone will choose Heavy tanks (KV-2, KV-1, ISU-152 and Is-2).
I am thinking of moving the KV-8 to T3 or removing it from the game and replacing it with an improvement in the T-34 to OT-34. (OT-34 is flared in Russian by the "Огнеметный Танк" = Flamethrower Tank). Photos in the screenshot from the game Company of Heroes East Front.

2-2) There were also Shielded Screens for the T-34-76, T-34-85 and SU-85. I thought it was a good idea to lead them into the game as in the first part of "CoH (Eastern Front Mod)."
2-3) The problem is the veterancy of the T-34-76 and T-34-85 the 'Secure Mode' ability.
I think we need to replace them with an improved version.
eg:
2-3-1) 'Secure Mode' ability to replace it with an "improved ram". When your equipment rammed the enemy, the main T-34 gun does not break.
2-3-2) 'Secure Mode' ability to replace it with 'Radio Network'. (Like American Shermans).

3) There is an old ZiS-6 transport truck in the game. Tell me if it will be added sometime in the game? (I mean the network)
And then I found an old archive in the game "Company of Heroes Eastern Front".
There you can see several improved ZiS-6 transport truck.

• Spotlight ZiS-6
  • Ammunition ZiS-6
  • ZiS-6 DShK-38
  • ZiS-6 4xMaxim
  • ZiS-6 truck

4) What about the ISU-152 problem?
Has a 152mm gun but does little damage.
Elephant - 320 damage 88mm, Range 0 - 70
Jagdtiger - 320 damage 128mm, Range 0 - 80
ISU-152 - 240 damage 152mm, Range 5 - 70
I think it is necessary to improve the performance of the ISU-152.
What is remarkable?

• damage
  • firing range
  • To enable the ability of the SU-85 "Focused Sight"
Tagged:

Comments

1 month ago
    Patrol_OmegaPatrol_Om… Posts: 297

Very great proposals!
    I must say that most of them were already mentioned before. I did felt awkard becuase the Flare Vet1 was untouched, but they might be working/testing other alternatives

• Veterancy 1 ability from Conscripts and Combat Engineers is the most unuse ability from the game.
    • Combat Engineers Vet1 ability replaced for something that will allow them to be more efficient as Engineers build new things, build faster mines/HQs/Resource Cache etc/ call in air support weapons
    • Tanks should not get ram ability in Veterancy 1, because that will stop Soviets from ramming into heavy tanks with newly recruited no-chance t-34
    • Replacing t34 Vet1 ability for something like +25% gun reload speed for 20 seconds could be probably better (they have poor armor and long gun reload speed)
    • Introduce that Truck with lights on top of it for sighting!!!!!!! Totally down for it
    • Introduce an Opel Cargo Truck version for the Soviets!!
    • T0 can only recruit 2 infantry units, a new one could be great
    1 month ago
    mrpeedmrpeed Posts: 30

Please no focused sight or self spotting for heavy tank destroyers.

1 month ago
    FaxFax Posts: 46

I like most of these proposals!! They're great!

Though I disagree with KV-8 being T3 that's just too early imo

Would like to see something new or different from T34-85 that makes it a more attractive choice than just armor improve over T34-76 could be different abilities or improved ones (faster capture rate or better range and stun when ramming)

Shielded screens seems like a good idea for me since T34-76 is the squishiest tank of the game, it could be an upgrade that makes T34-76 pzfaust resistant only, not like 100% but a chance let's say 20-30%? of pzfausts and pzshreks to bounce off the tank to avoid being snared or hit by these projectiles (this won't affect AT or Tank shots and won't be available to T34-85 to make it balanced)

ISU also feels lacky in AT compared to Axis Heavy TDs since it's mostly the only Heavy "TD" that allies have... focused sight would be too OP since it already has good range so you'll need other way of getting sight for it, either way it will be sitting there sniping everything on it's own

Could have it's AP damage buffed a little bit or maybe add an HVAP ability like jackson has, I mean it's a 152mm cannon... why a 88mm cannon deals more damage than 152mm? I know it's for the sake of balance but it doesn't make much sense :P

Also it's ability "piercing shot" I've not seen that used at all since it takes too long to fire and it doesn't have enough range to actually snipe something behind a wall like PAK43 does (Don't get me wrong, the ability is quite nice and fits the tank, but might use some adjustment to make it more reliable) I've seen streamers try to use it in very few cases and almost all the time they end up cancelling it or missing because it just takes too long to fire

1 month ago
    edited August 16

@Fax said:
    I like most of these proposals!! They're great!

Though I disagree with KV-8 being T3 that's just too early imo

Would like to see something new or different from T34-85 that makes it a more attractive choice than just armor improve over T34-76 could be different abilities or improved ones (faster capture rate or better range and stun when ramming)

Shielded screens seems like a good idea for me since T34-76 is the squishiest tank of the game, it could be an upgrade that makes T34-76 pzfaust resistant only, not like 100% but a chance let's say 20-30%? of pzfausts and pzshreks to bounce off the tank to avoid being snared or hit by these projectiles (this won't affect AT or Tank shots and won't be available to T34-85 to make it balanced)

ISU also feels lacky in AT compared to Axis Heavy TDs since it's mostly the only Heavy "TD" that allies have... focused sight would be too OP since it already has good range so you'll need other way of getting sight for it, either way it will be sitting there sniping everything on it's own

Could have it's AP damage buffed a little bit or maybe add an HVAP ability like jackson has, I mean it's a 152mm cannon... why a 88mm cannon deals more damage than 152mm? I know it's for the sake of balance but it doesn't make much sense :P

Also it's ability "piercing shot" I've not seen that used at all since it takes too long to fire and it doesn't have enough range to actually snipe something behind a wall like PAK43 does (Don't get me wrong, the ability is quite nice and fits the tank, but might use some adjustment to make it more reliable) I've seen streamers try to use it in very few cases and almost all the time they end up cancelling it or missing because it just takes too long to fire

Thanks for the support. :) B)
    I would finally like to see the better of the USSR.
    I just wanted it to be like a sequel or animate Company of Herores East Front. :'( o:)
    What about Conscript s from First Veterans?
    And if it's not a secret, what improvement would you add for the T-34-76 and T-34-85 ???

1 month ago
    edited August 16

Is sad to have an ISU-152 attacking an Elephant or Ace Tiger, he struggles against that big armor as any other allied tank. Now going for an IS-2 against other heavy tanks is far worst and not 90% worth it, useful but not at the same level.

The armor for both tanks should be increased or increase the AP from both of them.

Could have it's AP damage buffed a little bit or maybe add an HVAP ability like jackson has, I mean it's a 152mm cannon... why a 88mm cannon deals more damage than 152mm? I know it's for the sake of balance but it doesn't make much sense

Totally agree, but it comes down to AP against Armor values. Allied AP is below Axis high armor values so you will have an IS-152 melting down against Axis heavy tanks ... Jokes on your investment

Some Axis tanks even get more buffs to its armor after reaching higher veterancy levels....... leaving your AT-guns totally useless as they won't be able to penetrate them and it will also leave your tanks in more disadvantage

I thought I was going to win an engagement after trying to use it against an Elephant (even with it's low speed) ... not even a chance lol
    It could def get a faster aim & shoot buff.

1 month ago

I think IS-2 is going to get way better now if they keep it with the new stats after this patch, seems it will actually be able to deal consistent damage now with the accuracy and fragmentation shot, seems interesting indeed!

also KV-1 seems more attractive now in the september preview patch notes, I'm eager to see how this comes out

I just really look forward of seeing a plus to the T34-85

1 month ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 549

Right, IS2 scatter has 25% decreased mean hit more often. Thats a big buff for IS2 since its job mainly to absorb damage with its armor, and there is no nerf on other aspect, which is strange.

Pershing gains 160 more hp and get some big nerf compared to other Heavies.

1 month ago

@C3Tooth said:
    Right, IS2 scatter has 25% decreased mean hit more often. Thats a big buff for IS2 since its job mainly to absorb damage with its armor, and there is no nerf on other aspect, which is strange.

Pershing gains 160 more hp and get some big nerf compared to other Heavies.

I don't think it's too strange, IS-2 is pretty strong but misses a lot even when stationary so it doesn't surprise me to see a buff to it's accuracy at least... it might still bounce off Panthers frontally from time to time but at least it will hit vehicles more consistently now.

Pershing got more health which means it will take more hits to go down, the armor nerf is needed for balance I suppose but the vet 3 reload bonus from 50% to 30% is quite a nerf

1 month ago

The armor from the Elephant should go down for sure, it seems to go unnotice so far

1 month ago
    TheLeveler83TheLevele… Posts: 693
    > @C3Tooth said:
    > Right, IS2 scatter has 25% decreased mean hit more often. Thats a big buff for IS2 since its job mainly to absorb damage with its armor, and there is no nerf on other aspect, which is strange.
    >
    > Pershing gains 160 more hp and get some big nerf compared to other Heavies.

I dont find it strange. It can still tank and deflect a lot of damage. Now its gun isent just show anymore.

It still will mis more then a tiger. That what tightropes video showed. It also has a low rof as well.

Inf cant be like: heinz soviet panzer!!!!!! Ah helmut zat is an is2 no it cannot hit the bizsmark from 1 meter aways. Kein probleem.
    4 weeks ago
    NapoqeNapoqe Posts: 59

https://steamcommunity.com/app/231430/discussions/1/1644295532469472052/ Improve for DShK machine gun and the Soviet Commander of Defense. Hello everyone. I am here to open a discussion about DShK heavy machine gun and Soviet Defensive Tactics. To me both are weak, primarily the commander. That concrete all your skills with 2 points. I suggest he have a new skill in place of little AT. That would be conscripts to be able to build trenches, lay barbed wire and complete repair ability (buildings, vehicles, bridges, etc). Combine minefield skill with Tank Traps, and adding PMD-6D anti-tank mine to the commander's ability. And with skill free space by adding B-4 artillery. Now DShK, this machine gun is only via commander. I believe it is far more surpressor for infantry than Maxim, yet it very low arc, bad for positioning against infantry and vehicles. So I suggest improving your arc by increasing to the size equal of the US M2HB heavy machine gun. So it would be a good alternative for Maxim for suppression infantry and light vehicle destroyer.

I have not tested the patch, but I already notions its effects are applied, although testing is better.
    It's little off topic, but some suggestions for Soviet commander and heavy machine gun (which hard to use depending for noobs) from him.

Without intention flooding and without intention something to bad.
    But I do believe devs and the balancing team don't read the Balance Feedback forum on Steam discussions.

4 weeks ago
    edited August 22

I am against such a change, "September patch 1.2".
    https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/comment/285985#Comment_285985

Mobilize Reserves
    Mobilize reserves now costs 25 fuel and 100 Manpower to unlock.

Leave as it is, And so the Soviets lack Fuel from the struggle of enemy equipment.

• Mobilize reserves now costs 25 fuel and 100 Manpower to unlock. Take away this Idea.
    • no change 50 ammunition.

Combat Engineers
    - Mosin Nagant rifle now matches those used by Conscripts
    - Damage from 16 to 12
    - Accuracy from 0.518/0.449/0.334 to 0.757/0.660/0.557

Everything is very cool, but it is better to give them SVT-40

• Now Bubud Engineers are armed with SVT-40
    • Damage up to 12 or 10
    • The accuracy as now suppressed Mosin rifles for Engineers (0.757/0.660/0.557)

Airborne Guards
    Can make them amphibious and give weapons:

• 3x PPSh-41
    • 3x SVT-40
    • AT Grenade tech (which needs to be improved at headquarters)
    • Reduce the cost from 380 to 300 (This is not your elite and can not cope with a lot of infantry)

Do something with the T-34-76 and T-34-85?
    Give them some improvement !?

Change of Soviet commanders

Then give Shock Troops, like Grenadiers for 3 veterans.
    The Grenadiers do not have body armor like the Shock Troops.
    Veterancy 3 +25% fragmentation grenade range replaced by -20% damage reduction

People please comment on this site and write here if it’s not difficult for you.
    https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/246086/would-you-like-to-see-in-the-future-updated-commanders-of-the-ussr#latest