September final patch

1 month ago
FreeSpeechFreeSpeech Posts: 34
edited August 17 in General Discussion

For about a year the patching and balancing is getting worse and worse.
I appreciate the work done by the team but I got more and more crashes and less and less balance in 4vs4 games.
It's all about more features and less about good gaming.
If we go down that road it'll be the last pacth for me. 4vs4 games are almost unplayable right now. Axis is so OP at every stage.

Some major issues:
This game is more about clicking than about strategy.
Units moving have no penalty when they stop. They instantly get the same stats as if they were standing. Applies to tanks and infantry.
Weapons out of thin air for some but others have to pick them up.
Snares dealing damage and slow at the same time. Who needs mines?
Turret turning was "fixed" for FF but now STugs turns as fast as FFs with better armour ....
Assymetric DPS is explained by 4-model squads which is now even less true than ever.
Allies have no chance to get back into the game at t3.

Comments

4 weeks ago

I would agree with these patches getting worse and worse as the time passes, but not in a unbalance matter as much as not even considering the 3v3 or 4v4 matchups

Nowadays these big multiplayer matches are all about WHO GETS the arty first ( either axis or allies ), and whoever is better at abusing the more simpleton mechanic while allies cover up your sides

I wouldn't strickly say that either allies or axis are OP* since all have their abuses, but yh 3v3 and 4v4 is gettin worse by the patch in some aspects

4 weeks ago
    dukejasondukejason Posts: 1,386 mod

I disagree with the both of you, I feel that the game has improved in the last year more so than in the last 5 years, I don't agree 100% with all change, 90% of everything is spot on. I play 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 exclusively and am having a great time. Bugs are not caused by gameplay patch. The testing team are experts on all things COH2.

3 weeks ago

I'm just stating, the patches are more oriented on 1v1 matchups and 2v2, rather than overview for 3v3 or 4v4 ( frankly these gamemodes should have some specific differences or tweaks ), but I am highly enticepating this patch

But I think that Emplacements should give some , even small refund on value never the less...

3 weeks ago
    ankleankle Posts: 32

@dukejason said:
    I disagree with the both of you, I feel that the game has improved in the last year more so than in the last 5 years, I don't agree 100% with all change, 90% of everything is spot on. I play 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 exclusively and am having a great time. Bugs are not caused by gameplay patch. The testing team are experts on all things COH2.

actually the game is completely broken in large team games.. it's boring vs allied unless you come across a well co-ordinated team that is significantly better than you... but generally it's far too easy and with the most crudest form of strategy

playing as allied you have to hope you are matched up against significantly worse players on the axis side to get a competitive game out of it

it never use to be like that, large game balance has got progressively worse since early 2018 when the balance team threw up their hands and said we can't balance larger team games so lets just ignore those modes entirely and purely focus on 1v1 and 2v2..

not surprisingly the most popular game mode has gone downhill since... if the balance team was about making the game less enjoyable for the most people possible then they have been successful, only way relic are going to keep people interested is making this game free 24/7

1 week ago

@ankle said:

@dukejason said:

actually the game is completely broken in large team games.. it's boring vs allied unless you come across a well co-ordinated team that is significantly better than you... but generally it's far too easy and with the most crudest form of strategy

playing as allied you have to hope you are matched up against significantly worse players on the axis side to get a competitive game out of it

it never use to be like that, large game balance has got progressively worse since early 2018 when the balance team threw up their hands and said we can't balance larger team games so lets just ignore those modes entirely and purely focus on 1v1 and 2v2..

not surprisingly the most popular game mode has gone downhill since... if the balance team was about making the game less enjoyable for the most people possible then they have been successful, only way relic are going to keep people interested is making this game free 24/7

I think time will tell who is right and who is wrong. I think its best to let the september patch drop and go from there.

1 week ago

@dukejason said:
    I think time will tell who is right and who is wrong. I think its best to let the september patch drop and go from there.

Right and wrong are the wrong terms. I said what I experience... And the september patch has not changed my crashes and mysterious resolution settings for COH after crashing.
    The overall balance in 4vs4 is still absurd though some previous errors were reverted.
    I hope Iron Harvest will do a better job on the strategy aspect but we'll see.

3 days ago

@FreeSpeech said:

@dukejason said:

Right and wrong are the wrong terms. I said what I experience... And the september patch has not changed my crashes and mysterious resolution settings for COH after crashing.
    The overall balance in 4vs4 is still absurd though some previous errors were reverted.
    I hope Iron Harvest will do a better job on the strategy aspect but we'll see.

Can you make an official post in tech support and let me help you to fix your issues if I can. Please post all your specs.