Suggestion for new USF tech path

4 weeks ago
WunderKatzeWunderKat… Posts: 730
edited August 22 in General Discussion
In my opinion one of the major flaws in USF design is there tech scheme. Which costs as much as other factions to arrive at medium tanks but leaves them missing key units and also I feel like causes units like the Stuart to have to be balanced to arrive near the same time as the other USF light vehicles.

I propose these:

LT teir becomes a requirement for Captain tier. So that USF must tech LT -> Cpt -> major

Cpt ans LT side tech to unlock units removed and price rolled into tech cost of the building

57mm ATG added to LT and removed from Cpt.

M5 Stuart moved from LT to Cpt.

M5 Stuart -20 fuel Cost.

Major tier reduce cost so that it still takes 205 fuel to reach after going LT and Cpt.

This gives USF access to both team weapons early in the game, puts a natural delay on m5 stuart and pack howitzer and prevents USF from needing a back tech to unlock all team weapons.

Comments

4 weeks ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 549
    At this point, I agree, requires as much fuel as other faction to get Med tank but heavily lack of units.

Though I dont like Lieu to Cap to Major.

It should be:
    .Lieu tech cost 30fuel, unlock MG, M20, Lieu (Lieu 350mp, give him 2 high pen Zook)
    .Cap tech cost 30fuel, unlock AT, Pak, Cap (Cap 350mp, give him 2Bar)
    .Instead of 'Mechanize'; AAHT and Stuart require both Lieu and Cap tech
    .Major requires noth Lieu and Cap tech.

So you have various units with 60fuel, No free squads come with the tech so its fair, AAHT and Stuart require both tech so they dont come too early.
    4 weeks ago
    38Lightning38Lightni… Posts: 302
    > @C3Tooth said:
    > At this point, I agree, requires as much fuel as other faction to get Med tank but heavily lack of units.
    >
    > Though I dont like Lieu to Cap to Major.
    >
    > It should be:
    > .Lieu tech cost 30fuel, unlock MG, M20, Lieu (Lieu 350mp, give him 2 high pen Zook)
    > .Cap tech cost 30fuel, unlock AT, Pak, Cap (Cap 350mp, give him 2Bar)
    > .Instead of 'Mechanize'; AAHT and Stuart require both Lieu and Cap tech
    > .Major requires noth Lieu and Cap tech.
    >
    > So you have various units with 60fuel, No free squads come with the tech so its fair, AAHT and Stuart require both tech so they dont come too early.

I could get behinde this typ of tech since
    AAHT and Stuart are very similar in tech position they could be unlocked at the same time for what would be 5 fuel more from current setup.
    4 weeks ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 549
    The different is with this 60fuel, you can get 4 support units MG AT Pak M20. Not 55fuel with 2 units (MG M20 or AT Pak). Or 70fuel with MG AT