UKF

7 months ago

Is it just me or does the UKF seem like an afterthough compared to other factions like the USF, its very underpowered and seems to just have less, for example the fighting position, which is like the UK trench, but the US one can get a machine gun upgrade, or the fact that the US has more weapons from racks, or it's AT gun having the AP shell ability, which are British supplied according to the tooltip but the UK get them, or the lieutenant, captain and major, or the tank traps. Or a mobile howitzer. Or an ambulance. Or a half track
This is just a rant really about how i wish the British where competitive and had more options, and had less locked away like the Bofors which is never used because the AEC is better. Or Vickers LMG which can only be given to sappers if you choose anvil or choose certain commanders. Also mobile artillery would be nice.

Tagged:

Comments

7 months ago
    FaxFax Posts: 96

UKF already has doc mobile artillery which is Sexton, AEC is good early against light armor but doesn't work as AA like Bofors does, also bofors is better AI because it can suppress infantry within range and has an offensive ability, but is immobile which is quite balanced.
    Basically you're suggesting UKF to be USF, which is why you already have that faction. There's also M10 "Achilles" in 1 doctrine and it also has the HVAP just like USF M10 and M36.

All have strengths and weaknesses and British MG is better against light vehicles by it's own that is why it doesn't have armor pen bullets ability like USF or Axis MGs.

Next patch UKF is getting medics from base so I don't really see your point in here :confused:

7 months ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 880

All defensive structure should be spitted into many different doc, not faction base build.

I dont like the design of Brit base and Okw heavy fortification doc.

7 months ago

@Fax said:
    UKF already has doc mobile artillery which is Sexton, AEC is good early against light armor but doesn't work as AA like Bofors does, also bofors is better AI because it can suppress infantry within range and has an offensive ability, but is immobile which is quite balanced.
    Basically you're suggesting UKF to be USF, which is why you already have that faction. There's also M10 "Achilles" in 1 doctrine and it also has the HVAP just like USF M10 and M36.

All have strengths and weaknesses and British MG is better against light vehicles by it's own that is why it doesn't have armor pen bullets ability like USF or Axis MGs.

Next patch UKF is getting medics from base so I don't really see your point in here :confused:

Do you think the UKF is balanced then? Because i think this would argue otherwise. And I think one of the reasons for that is because so many things that other factions can do are not possible for the UKF (like having mobile arty and a resupply half track)because so much of what they have is doctrinal or locks other options out

7 months ago
    FaxFax Posts: 96

Do you think the UKF is balanced then? Because i think this would argue otherwise. And I think one of the reasons for that is because so many things that other factions can do are not possible for the UKF (like having mobile arty and a resupply half track)because so much of what they have is doctrinal or locks other options out

I think UKF is somewhat balanced imo, but still needs some stuff changed like Comet for example or the Bofor that can be spammed early-mid game with advanced emplacement doc.

I partially agree with you, UKF has some useful things locked behind commanders... but UKF has some decent commanders compared to other factions imo, they have heavy anti-infantry tanks like AVRE and Croc, assault infantry with thompsons and Mobile Arty.

And well it has less picks which means why also the less ratio of wins, compared to Soviets and OST which have higher play counts because these are default factions included in base game talking in gameplay in general.
    So these stats don't really represent the balance of the faction.

But that's just my opinion.

Now I think UKF could have some changes and they're getting some in next patch, so I would like to see these changes already live but there's no news yet, I wish they were more transparent about the changes and say if there's a time period where we should expect changes... because tbh I come daily to see if there's new updates on the patch but bums me not seeing changes for weeks.