JAKSON ARMOR 110 NOW, the KONI IS SCARED

3 months ago

bonjour
You remember ? how long have we been waiting
and then one day, finally the armor of the jakson was increased FINALLY
and today go back.
relic says "In order to make the Jackson slightly more vulnerable to medium tanks when caught out of position, its armor has be decreased" ????
the problem is that the jakson is the ONLY (except the pershing) tank for the us, allowing to "compete" with the German heavy tanks.
my dear relic, the problem comes from the end of the game with the germans.
what will you do at the end of the game, against the panther, elefant, jag, tiger, blob Panzerschreck ... with your armor of 110 ????

Comments

3 months ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,096
    edited April 12

Decreasing the armour from 130 to 110 has no impact on the Jackson vs Panthers, Elefants or JagdTigers. They all had more than enough pen. The only thing this changes in a meaningful way is Panzer IVs will now be able to reliably penetrate Jacksons at max range (40). This is to encourage you actually using the Jackson at max range (60).

3 months ago
    maldonmaldon Posts: 54

I understood correctly, but the problem is that, after p4, German, has the tiger, the panther, the koni ...
    you only have your jakson, and that's it
    with the true sight, the tank disappears very quickly, staying at a distance is utopian
    my posts are intended to improve 3v3 4v4, but the last "patchs" are very negative.
    the koni with its op shooting on the infantry, the panther is its incredible front armor, should have been "nerf", no ?

2 months ago
    38Lightning38Lightni… Posts: 511
    I dont minde playing the Jackson at max range but it is also the only tank for usf that can give chase and finish.

The range difference for panther and jackson is very narrow and if you are within range most tanks can finish the Jackson and give chase with very little room for the Jackson to actually kite the target effectively.

Couple that with the fact that nowdays jackson Hits like a wet noodle considering how many shots they need to dish out while trying to stay out of range of the pack 40,pack 88, panther, elephant and koni tiger, with only a small range advantage to try and kite with and low damage per shot you are forced to stay engaged rather than hit and reposition for another attack.

At one time I was annoyed with artillery destroying my jacksons consistently and then they raised the health of the Jackson so they no longer got destroyed in one stuka barrage.
    But then they also nerfed the Jackson alot in other aspects since then with lower fire rate higher pen but lower damage and now lower armor again and higher pop cap than it used to have.

If the Jackson is going to be a glass cannon then let it be consistently hit by the panzers at max range with its lower armor pen that's fine I understand since it is within panzer range.

But give it some room to breath increase range slightly, lower the fire rate a bit but let its shots be meaningfull and hit hard so it has a chance to do some damage before axis tanks retreat out of the area since it cannot give chase very easily for follow up shots with so many other tanks that can pen it includeing cheap stugs and puma with good range and speed.

Dont however ever decrease the health pool again since I dont want to see them dieing all the time from artillery again or even stuka bomb off map call Ins killing 3-4 at a time that are haveing trouble moveing do to pathing issues from being forced to field so many at a time.
    2 months ago
    FaxFax Posts: 96

@38Lightning said:

If the Jackson is going to be a glass cannon then let it be consistently hit by the panzers at max range with its lower armor pen that's fine I understand since it is within panzer range.

But give it some room to breath increase range slightly, lower the fire rate a bit but let its shots be meaningfull and hit hard so it has a chance to do some damage before axis tanks retreat out of the area since it cannot give chase very easily for follow up shots with so many other tanks that can pen it includeing cheap stugs and puma with good range and speed.

I agree, I was thinking it could be good to give slightly better damage at vet2 or vet3 to reward players that actually use it well and to have better chances of damaging heavy tanks in late game as it vets (HVAP abilibity is good but is costly to keep that up since also USF uses more ammo for BARs, Zooks, Major on top of any doctrine ability that uses ammo), so it doesn't become OP for players that just spam M36s since they need to vet them.