Single Pass Strafing runs

5 months ago

Can we please change these abalities to make em more usable

Now Let me Explain

Back in the COH 1 days US Airborne's Strafing abality was the ultimate counter/Flex/Deterrent to blobs it was expensive but it could shut down the blob gameplay almost instantly with 2 things

1- Multiple members in the squad embedded in blobs would be killed sometimes mutiple squads in the blob if placed right

2-it would pin the entire blob instantly thus making them vanurable and unable to fight back agaisnt your anti infantry units such as upgraded rifleman m16 HT and the sherman

Fast forward to COH 2 strafing run came back in tactical support company but god its absoulutely not worth using it (atleast for me) for the following reasons

1- 125 muni cost in COH 2 USF is a munition intensive faction if you make the wrong call you will be punished

2- All Planes are now Louder you can the hear the engine roars trough FOW

3- Red Flares gave it away what was going to happen

So here is what i think should be done

All single pass Strafing runs that includes the Anti Infantry Strafe on OST CAS doctrine Tactical IL 2 strafe on advanced warfare tactics and P47 strafing run on tactical support company should have their cost increased by 25 munitions which brings us to 65 for Stuka 115 for IL 2 and 150 For P47 but their red smoke flares should be removed so the opposing players will have to invest more in anti air bulids to prevent an insta triple kill

this wont impact the current patch meta at all either

Comments

5 months ago
    lordpeter3lordpeter3 Posts: 347

I like it to have more suppression so you can deal with blobs more easily and it having no flares is nice to. Though I dont see any need to improve the damage output. Abilities that insta whipe squads are not fun.

5 months ago
    modelpaintermodelpain… Posts: 29

@lordpeter3 said:
    I like it to have more suppression so you can deal with blobs more easily and it having no flares is nice to. Though I dont see any need to improve the damage output. Abilities that insta whipe squads are not fun.

The abalities i mentioned already have a butt ton of damage and supression but they are too easy to Dodge if the plane is placed right which is often ordering it to strafe the target from your opponents base area can achive lots of wipes i remember insta wiping 3 vet 3 grens with it

but like i said red flares and loud engine noises give away the attack and red flares should be removed to allow this abality to be ultilized with more success