[SUF] Soviet infantry balance

1 year ago

I demand the dismissal of the person responsible for the balance of the Soviet infantry, in view of the degeneration of outright hostility towards the Soviet troops.
After 2 fights in a network game to capture points, it became obvious that even 6 detachments of Soviet recruits are not able to destroy one calculation of the German machine gun just running in the bombardment area for a whole minute. The Soviet infantry has an efficiency ratio of less than 6 to 1 in direct collision with only one detachment of German infantry, while having a cost of 240 and 7 reserve points worse than similar German troops.
No matter how you consider it, it does not fit into the generally accepted concepts of balance.
Or it turns out that the developer has disrespect and hatred for the Soviet troops. And do not refer to someone’s memoirs. Now enough documentation is available and it is known that the Soviet troops were not much inferior in capabilities to the German.

Comments

1 year ago
    MorisMoris Posts: 77

This game is made for historical motive, but is not historical as such. Consript are a unit, its role is to “tank”. This is not a DPS unit. The Soviet side has penal, stormtroopers, a sniper, t-70 for causing damage.

1 year ago
    38Lightning38Lightni… Posts: 512
    ya I tried soviet again recently after a friend wanted me to switch out from using usf and give them a try again for a change of pace.

Conscripts I realised really quickly was not going to help me win initiall engagements that I was haveing with okw.

I thought since 1 rear echelon and a rifleman is typicaly enough usually that in the first engagement i can take on a charging sturmpioneer befor they get to close and then close distance in on the volks squad (usually).

Not the same with conscript.
    I either need maxim to suppress so conscripts dont take damage or I wait till I can get acess to ppsh and 7th man maybe with a few shocks sprinkled in the mix so I dont use to much munitions which allows me to place more mines.

I see now why penals and clown car are used so much as an opener which even helps vs kubels.

Definately do not go to many conscripts early game or you will get roled over.

I would treat them like a slightly better rear echelon and only get 1 or possibly 2 at most just to have the use of their abilities and use penals as your fighting force with about 3 of them.
    11 months ago
    ComradComrad Posts: 127

@hallfrom написал:
    I demand the dismissal of the person responsible for the balance of the Soviet infantry, in view of the degeneration of outright hostility towards the Soviet troops.
    After 2 fights in a network game to capture points, it became obvious that even 6 detachments of Soviet recruits are not able to destroy one calculation of the German machine gun just running in the bombardment area for a whole minute. The Soviet infantry has an efficiency ratio of less than 6 to 1 in direct collision with only one detachment of German infantry, while having a cost of 240 and 7 reserve points worse than similar German troops.
    No matter how you consider it, it does not fit into the generally accepted concepts of balance.
    Or it turns out that the developer has disrespect and hatred for the Soviet troops. And do not refer to someone’s memoirs. Now enough documentation is available and it is known that the Soviet troops were not much inferior in capabilities to the German.

No one will answer you. No one needs it. No matter how much you ask.

11 months ago

@hallfrom said:

Welcome to COH, friend.
    Soviet infantry was garbage since day 1. And it will never be on par with Axis infantry. There once were situations were units were equal. But those things were 'balanced' out.

1 month ago
    YappirYappir Posts: 87