Ostheer T3 - T4 Changes

1 month ago
mrpeedmrpeed Posts: 45
edited May 19 in General Discussion

Just a few suggestions:

Have Battle Phase 2 unlock both the T3 and T4 buildings.

One building will contain Stug, Rocket Artillery, and Brummbar.
The other will contain Ostwind, P4, and Panther.

Make Stug slightly more accurate against infantry.
Increase Panther damage to 200.

Battle phase 3 will unlock Brummbar and Panther.
Battle phase 3 will unlock the reduced reinforcement cost which is now tied to the HQ (increased cap rate is removed).

Tagged:

Comments

1 month ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 852

This sounds like a good idea. Pzwerfer comes too late.
    Beside, I dont think fast capping is good for Ost infantry.

100 popcap, you can build 14 mainline infantry, which is

• 70 Tommy models + 28 Bren
    • 56 Gren models + 14 LMG

I get that their price fit with what they can do, but those have the same popcap is stupid.
    Gren either need the 5th men, or low pop cap from 7 to 6. They dont need faster capping or lower the price.

1 month ago
    38Lightning38Lightni… Posts: 511
    Would be great when I play whermacht and have brits on my side I can hit the mortar pits/bofor a bit earlier and more safely with the werfer when my mortars wont quite do and have to also deal with AT guns all locking down the point plus I had a game where soviet 120mm mortar was also over there helping shut my mortars down real quick even with counter barrage.
    I might like an easier acess to brumbars barrage though idk.

On the flip side how will this effect my usf gameplay?
    Will it give 75mm howitzers enough time to be useful since they cannot retreat from a barrage?
    As it is now I sometimes feel stukas come out quick enough to shut down the howitzers and I have to get m8 Scott asap Instead even though they have less range on their barrage but I atleast can repair if they dont get blown so i dont manpower bleed.
    Granted it is a bit less of an issue with the werfer since 1 alone will not wipe the howitzer+less accurate compaired to the stuka until you get atleast 2 out then counter barrage on them is just gravy.

but it could start calling for changes in the usf finally if they dont already need them which I beleive they do anyway.
    Playing usf now is just super intensive to try to make things happen with what feels like delayed timeings and a weired tech tree/forced meta build orders where as any of the other factions I play I dont have this difficulty or issues as they seem far more flexible in what they can call out and counter.
    1 month ago
    mrpeedmrpeed Posts: 45

@38Lightning said:

On the flip side how will this effect my usf gameplay?
    Will it give 75mm howitzers enough time to be useful since they cannot retreat from a barrage?
    As it is now I sometimes feel stukas come out quick enough to shut down the howitzers and I have to get m8 Scott asap Instead even though they have less range on their barrage but I atleast can repair if they dont get blown so i dont manpower bleed.
    Granted it is a bit less of an issue with the werfer since 1 alone will not wipe the howitzer+less accurate compaired to the stuka until you get atleast 2 out then counter barrage on them is just gravy.

but it could start calling for changes in the usf finally if they dont already need them which I beleive they do anyway.
    Playing usf now is just super intensive to try to make things happen with what feels like delayed timeings and a weired tech tree/forced meta build orders where as any of the other factions I play I dont have this difficulty or issues as they seem far more flexible in what they can call out and counter.

Well in this case, if the player went for the T4 building first you would have lots of room to use the pack howitzer, especially if they decide on going battle phase 3 for Panther after. Also, if the player went for rocket artillery as their first unit from the T3 building instead, they would be more vulnerable to enemy tanks, so maybe it balances things out?

1 month ago
    edited May 20
    @mrpeed Sounds good but I would also require the building that contains the stug/artillery to be placed before the one containing the ostwind/panzer4 can be placed so you either go stug which is fine as you can use it to take on light vehicles up to medium anyway or delay a bit more to get to p4 and still dont need battle phase 3 yet and are getting access to that extra vehicle since it is only brumbar and panther at battlephase 3.
    Since stugg has no turret it makes building the second building for p4 more tempting much like soviet su76 into t34.

Not haveing an ostwind wont hurt to bad either with anti air as you have the 222.
    Would give the stuart a bit of breathing room as well since it cant take on an early ostwind which is pretty much a gg at that moment without acess to an Anti tank gun because you did not go captain.
    Since stugg is turret less also a flanking opportunity may arise which will not happen vs an ostwind.
    1 month ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 852

@38Lightning unlike the old Soviet, you can only pick either
    Tier3: HT, T70, T34 (frontline)
    Tier4: Kat, SU76, SU85 (support)
    There was totally no mixed unit between tiers, just like the old USF where Lieu tech go full AI, Cap go full AT.

But as his idea, tier 3 gives Stug/arty, tier 4 gives Ost/Pz4. Actually dont affect anything, because currently both Tier3 & 4 builds are free on fuel, only consume manpower.

Basically, Ostheer gains 4 units at late game (arty as additional) in return of paying a bit more manpower for another buildings, where Battle phase 4 unlock 2 final powerful units Brum & Pan.

1 month ago
    edited May 21
    You could take 10 fuel off of the battlephase 3 and add it to the teir 4 building since your getting the earlier arty in tier 3 and only have 2 units unlocked at battlephase 3 or even only 1 if you only built the t3 building.