Panzer IV Command Tank

1 month ago

Is there any good reason why this underwhelming unit is locked behind 7 command points?

Perhaps i't would see some more gameplay if it was set down to like 4 command points or maybe even 0 for a slight increase in oilcost to have any kind of impact when it comes out. If not that, then maybe it should be tuned up to actually be a 7 command point callin tank =) ?

Comments

1 month ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,680

Yes.
    The reason is: Below that CP, there are only light vehicles.

1 month ago
    SkazzSkazz Posts: 57
    > @Katitof said:
    > Yes.
    > The reason is: Below that CP, there are only light vehicles.

What about the kv2 then?

And Is it really? Maybe for call-ins but for its role, it has absolutely nothing to show for at 7 cp. It seems like they forgot to lower the cp req for this unit back when they lowered it for all heavies..
    1 month ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 852

PzCommand decrease damage taken by 10% to all nearby vehicles.
    Which is usually a tank with 640hp will take 4 shot to die (4 x 160dmg). That 10% makes vehicles able to take 5 shot, iirc.

1 month ago

@C3Tooth said:
    PzCommand decrease damage taken by 10% to all nearby vehicles.
    Which is usually a tank with 640hp will take 4 shot to die (4 x 160dmg). That 10% makes vehicles able to take 5 shot, iirc.

this still isnt a good enough answer for why its 7 command points though.

You would have had several p4 that ripped by the time you get 7 cmd pts and a fairly expensive command tank that ONLY has that property of use of which you speak :s

1 month ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,680

@Skazz said:
    What about the kv2 then?

What about it?
    Its late game heavy tank that arrives in late game.

And Is it really? Maybe for call-ins but for its role, it has absolutely nothing to show for at 7 cp. It seems like they forgot to lower the cp req for this unit back when they lowered it for all heavies..

Maybe if you stopped ignoring its aura, you'd notice what it brings.
    Its a force multiplier, not the force in itself.

Don't use command units if you don't understand what they do and are for.

1 month ago

What about it?
    Its late game heavy tank that arrives in late game.

so if it arrives late game why is it 0 command points? i guess its possible to rush it no?
    but fuck it, its not what i i'm here for.

Maybe if you stopped ignoring its aura, you'd notice what it brings.
    Its a force multiplier, not the force in itself.

Don't use command units if you don't understand what they do and are for.

Either they make it better and increase fuelcost or make it 0 cmd points so it can be the least attractive to play theese doctrines that has it. tbh, do you see any players using the command tank? thats what i thought.

I know how to use it but you on the other side are maybe not **comprehending ** what im writing, and also if im wrong then send me link with any players using it like it should be used lol.. And also tell me what army there is left after buying this trashy unit lol =)

anyway, just wanted to play another commander. But Relic's way of balancing by just changing tier colors on the commanders doesnt really do the trick =(.

1 month ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 852

Pz command tank isnt mean to be a frontline vehicle. The more vehicles you already have, the more impact PzC have on the field.

You're meant to get core Pz4 first before getting PzC.

I dont know why you think that 10% damage taken isnt good. Man, its 5-6sec reloading between 2 shots, likely you're able to escape everytime, not mention Pz smoke tactic & Blitz.

PzC doesnt mean for 1v1 2v2 game, its used for 3v3 4v4, because PzC buff affect too ALL team mate vehicles. Put a PzC in the middle of 5 Panthers and you will see how stupidly OP it is when each Panther able to take 7 hits instead of 6.

1 month ago

@C3Tooth said:
    Pz command tank isnt mean to be a frontline vehicle. The more vehicles you already have, the more impact PzC have on the field.

You're meant to get core Pz4 first before getting PzC.

I dont know why you think that 10% damage taken isnt good. Man, its 5-6sec reloading between 2 shots, likely you're able to escape everytime, not mention Pz smoke tactic & Blitz.

PzC doesnt mean for 1v1 2v2 game, its used for 3v3 4v4, because PzC buff affect too ALL team mate vehicles. Put a PzC in the middle of 5 Panthers and you will see how stupidly OP it is when each Panther able to take 7 hits instead of 6.

ok, i'm hearing you but stupidly op im afraid not =/. It's just wierd then that all the other commanders are more preferable amongst players and that nobody has discovered how OP this unit is. I think normally you dont want to fill up your army capacity with poop units, i mean. whats better.. a command tank or lets say another able'd Gun. anyway, i rest my case. Some commanders will just have to stay broken in the name of balance i guess. peace!

1 month ago
    38Lightning38Lightni… Posts: 511
    edited May 27
    I used it in a doctrin that has elephant.
    Was not to bad I got it to vet 2.
    I mainly used it to attack infantry units and kept it behinde my panther or my elephant when I got it and sometimes used the hull down position.
    Hull down panther with command behinde it got panther vet 2 vs two easy 8's before I needed repairs almost killing both of them when they tried frontally engaging it down a narrow pathway.
    I'll admit it is not at all op or super impresive but still good in team games.
    If anything it probably could be at 0cp behinde tech lock as it does give up at fighting power with its shorter barrel gun and have to build it rather than a call in requiring you to tech.
    But that would be the trade off for not needing cp it would no longer be a call in unit.