Suggestion: AFK auto kick timer

1 month ago

Hi all,

So one thing I'd like to see in this game after playing several matches is a timer to kick a player who is away and not playing after 2 minutes at the start of the game. I can understand wanting to consider your commanders and look at the options at the base if you are new, but it shouldn't take you more than 30 seconds to a minute TOPS to make this choice. Have the system kick the person after 2 minutes of inactivity. Inactivity to be defined as:

• No units or structures being built
  • No actions/orders given to existing units to create new structures or move outside of starting boundary zone.

Players who AFK several minutes at the start of the game significantly hinder not just themselves, but their teammates. They not only fall behind on tech up tree, but force other players to take up the slack for them. I'm not suggesting a penalty system be put in place as life happens and more important matters can demand your attention between when you clicked "start matchmaking" and when the match actually starts. But when it does, it shouldn't hurt the other players and make them quit the game start over again.

Comments

1 month ago
    FaxFax Posts: 96

I agree, there should be a confirmation button once the match is found to avoid afk players (as if crashes were not enough), like many other games do like LoL, CSGO used to do that too to avoid these people from ruining matches and wasting people's time.

1 month ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 852

We need that.

A player afk from early game for 5min and drop is not bad enough. A player afk after losing his side is a pain.

3 weeks ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 852
    edited June 18

We need that.

Edit: Any mod pls delete this comment, I dont know why it pop up here again