KonigTiger OKW

7 months ago

Hi,

It's possible to nerf the Konigtiger ? Today only OKW have a heavy tank without commander and it's unfair for others factions.
Second, this tank easy kill infantry and often one shoot a section.
He is good vs all units and have lot of HP,

I thinks it need nuclear bomb when he is vet1, yes for a cheated tank go
Yes OKW need to developp all truck, yes need some fuel, but if USF have all Tiers and 300 fuel, no Pershing will coming.

So again it's unfair for others factions !

Comments

7 months ago
    Gonter77Gonter77 Posts: 2

eeeeeeee my friend that tank can you kill it with all allies tank in a 1 vs 1.

7 months ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 903

@LoveMeNow King already had a nerf, back then it was 310fuel instead of 270fuel by now. Image how OP it was.
    King also have 45range compared to TDs 60range. Have double TDs poke it from afar. Pen 4 rounds and you already able to force King to retreat. In a fight, force enemy to retreat is already a win, you dont have to whip them to count as winning.
    TDs with 220-260pen vs King 375 armor. The pen rate will be 59% - 69%. Which mean it may requires 6 rounds to force King to retreat, 12 rounds at average to kill King.

• Have a snare on King is a death sentence.

@LelicPlsNerf a T70 can kill an Elephant too. Though it will requires 3min. I dont think Elephant stay alone for that much time
    King rounds have 4m blast damage. Equal to Sherman HE, so it does kill infantry good

• I dont think he play Axis yet.
    7 months ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,681

Use tank destroyers.

7 months ago
    LoveMeNowLoveMeNow Posts: 29

@C3Tooth said:
    @LoveMeNow King already had a nerf, back then it was 310fuel instead of 270fuel by now. Image how OP it was.
    King also have 45range compared to TDs 60range. Have double TDs poke it from afar. Pen 4 rounds and you already able to force King to retreat. In a fight, force enemy to retreat is already a win, you dont have to whip them to count as winning.
    TDs with 220-260pen vs King 375 armor. The pen rate will be 59% - 69%. Which mean it may requires 6 rounds to force King to retreat, 12 rounds at average to kill King.

• Have a snare on King is a death sentence.

@LelicPlsNerf a T70 can kill an Elephant too. Though it will requires 3min. I dont think Elephant stay alone for that much time
    King rounds have 4m blast damage. Equal to Sherman HE, so it does kill infantry good

• I dont think he play Axis yet.

@C3Tooth

"This tank already had a nerf" but this tank can be deploy without commander, it's fair ?
    And he is better versus all Allies Tanks even those commander Tank's (May be not ISU 152).
    So Why implement this tank without commander ?

OKW have again an advantage and I know this unit will be not nerf anymore...

7 months ago
    MorisMoris Posts: 71

Man, play more games for the Axis side. And you will understand how much this holey fraction is.

7 months ago
    edited June 2020

The question is not here @Moris
    OKW are so bad that they need a Konig ? :(

Let's talk about OKW so:

Best first unit (Sturm)
    Have a car at start without Tier and commander (Kubel)
    AT gun can retreat and be hide when retreat
    Have elit troups without commander (Obersoldaten)
    Have Stuka which don't have dispersion when fire long range (compare to calliop example)
    Have a heavy tank without Commander (Konig)

it's examples...

Please now try to compare with USF and give me equal units :)

7 months ago

Best first unit (Sturm)

Sturm is OP at close range in early game. But they only op if they surprise enemy in tight corner. Walking toward Section & RM from afar, they drop quite weak, especially if Section in cover.
    Second, Sturm is OP, but thats their best form yet. Section can add 1 man & double Bren, RM can add double Bar. From that time, Sturm is no more a problem.
    On Soviet side, Penal put a fight really well vs Sturm (if no AT upgrade)

Have a car at start without Tier and commander (Kubel)

Have a car without Tier, have u hear about Univer Carrier that actually have armor, able to transport and flame upgrade for the same price?
    Soviet Tier1 is pretty much a free tier for Scoutcar

AT gun can retreat and be hide when retreat

It got alot of camo nerf, moved to vet1 & not able to move while camo. Other than that range from 50 to 55 and 5th men is sure have more buff than nerf.
    Along with Brit & Ost, Okw have ATgun/MG by defaults without sacrifice tech, but at least their fire power have the worst stats.

Have elit troups without commander (Obersoldaten)

Luckily not many people use this unit, because higher cost & popcap for a single purpose (AI), Volk is much easier to use with snare at hand to defend from Light vehicles.

Have Stuka which don't have dispersion when fire long range (compare to calliop example)

I thought it is, but it isnt. 6 rockets drop on a single line, but it doesnt spread equally.
    Sometimes it drop like this and it doesnt kill a model on enemy weapon team.

Have a heavy tank without Commander (Konig)

They should at least put this unit behind 12 Commander point. I had a match vs 1Ost 3Okw, having Ost drop fuel & catch for a Okw and they had King at 12min.

USF requires the highest skill cap. USF can be really weak for lower rank player, but in top tier. They can do wonder.

Note: I always able to do 50% more damage than most players, in most game. Consider than I only rank13 USF. You dont know what rank20 USF can do. They were the reason USF got constantly nerf. I hate they nerf M20 Zook.

7 months ago
    edited June 2020

@C3Tooth

Since the beginning you use the card of nerf update
    This unit has been nerf so...
    An unit can still cheated after a nerf, and I just see a community Axis whoadvise Relic to balance units and now we just see that the game is not balance.

Sturmpanther ? it's this guy who advise new update about maps or units ?
    An Axis player... so it's some things are logic
    It's an example^^

7 months ago
    HateHate Posts: 12

KT a piece of garbage. Who need his nerf? I think he need powerup. Because he too useless. Too ez to hit, too long repair, too slow movement and turn turret, too low damage (need minimum damage like Elephant).

6 months ago
    FaxFax Posts: 96

@Hate said:
    KT a piece of garbage. Who need his nerf? I think he need powerup. Because he too useless. Too ez to hit, too long repair, too slow movement and turn turret, too low damage (need minimum damage like Elephant).

Yes it's quite slow and takes long to repair but due to big amount of HP
    Easy to hit... maybe but easy to pen? not at all if it's not a tank destroyer and even so, TDs don't pen it 100% of the time unless it's HVAP Shells from M36.
    KT doesn't need the damage increase because it already does quite a lot of damage to infantry and tanks, if you want damage like Ferdinand you have Jadgtiger for that.

6 months ago
    MorisMoris Posts: 71

When KT have cumulative projectiles turned on, its damage is higher than that of Elephant.

6 months ago

IMO it is not the KT that needs a nerf, but rather Allied AT needs a buff. Time and again I see as KT or a regular Tiger just rides forward on to a fortified position exchanges a couple of shots with Allied units and rolls back like nothing ever happened. And despite having multiple AT units shooting at it, there are still more bounces then pens. This is such a saving grace that it enables such bold maneuvers.
    Give it a target size that one literally can't miss shooting it may put some fear in overconfident KT users.

6 months ago

ATguns are meant for counter Medium, with Heavies u need TD. I think the name Anti & Destroyer fits with them.

ATguns have pen of 180 (USF has 150 i think without AP) TDs have 260pen. With mass Panther, use ATgun. King Jad ELe, u need TD.

Heavies have large target size enough, I doubt ATgun miss them, unless u shoot them through fog or war or attack ground

6 months ago
    38Lightning38Lightni… Posts: 512
    Though most of the time at typ units will be fireing at far ranges so those should be the main stats to look at.
    6 months ago
    https://coh2.serealia.ca/

That is where I got the stats
    6 months ago
    maldonmaldon Posts: 55

the shooting of the koni, is much too powerful concerning the infantry, with a single shot, it kills an infantry 3 stars.
    it should have been lowered a long time ago. the latest patches, are absolutely incomprehensible.

6 months ago
    ARMYguyARMYguy Posts: 849

@maldon said:
    the shooting of the koni, is much too powerful concerning the infantry, with a single shot, it kills an infantry 3 stars.
    it should have been lowered a long time ago. the latest patches, are absolutely incomprehensible.

So just so we are understanding you correctly, you think the KT is too good? It is complete trash for its cost, and no one uses it exactly for this reason in legit games. In troll games its fun to use once in a while.

6 months ago

King is good if its 3v3 4v4 game. Where mass Pz4 or Panther support King (if there are 3 Ost and 1 Okw)

King alone isnt good as you think. As I already said, in 1v1, Allies almost get their 3rd medium for Okw to get his King. With 2 Mediums already at hand for a long time, Okw is already lose.

Big tanks are unit that "u're losing, so I will put insult on top of that"

6 months ago
    ARMYguyARMYguy Posts: 849

exactly. Every game where i make it when i wasn't handedly winning, i lost. Nothing like how it was in coh1, where you could actually turn games with it. It has never been that good in coh2, and still people want to nerf it.

6 months ago

How it's funny to debate about cheated unit available without commander.
    This is a proof that OKW have a big advantage compare other faction, final point

Maybe he is slow maybe he has lot of HP I don't understand why this unit is here and not in a commander

OKW have Panthers, Panz IV and good infantry, so why ?

6 months ago
    maldonmaldon Posts: 55

the koni TRASH ??? "and no one uses it exactly for this reason " very very funny,do you play regularly coh? I think not.
    but i agree with c3tooth this is not a problem for 1v1. but coh's misfortune is 3v3 and 4v4.
    now, it is unfair that this tank should be given without a commander. find me, an equivalent tank among the allied

6 months ago
    edited July 2020
    I have to say as well king tiger is still a very good tank but the problems are all compounded In 3v3 4v4 games where your team can cover any weaknesses not 1v1 games where you have more room to move around and flank and also limited to your own population caps and unit compositions.

But hey some would argue as well usf have repair crews.

My opinion on that as well is they have become more of a necessity since they are essentially paper weights so easily pen they need constant repairs unlike vehicles that constantly bounce round meaning you end up taking more damage than you can put out and have to consider makeing multiple engagement instead of decisive ones.

Usf Also more likely to lose tanks in a few hits bleeding your fuel reserves than the other nations that have thicker armor makeing it out to make those repairs.
    6 months ago

Okw Pz4 is a waste of money, I dont get them. 20 more fuel for 40armor than Ost Pz4 isnt worth it. With 140fuel Allies have many better medium, Sher76, Sher4C, E8, T34-85.
    That 234 armor of Okw Pz4 is pointless against TDs 260pen.

Puma & Panther are more valuable for their price.

I had tried to save fuel for King. These are the result:

• Save fuel too much, without a Puma/Luch, you can not fight AEC & Stuart with their infantry arm double Bar/Bren
    • Having a Puma/Luch helps Okw in mid game, with the cost of King comes really late. At the end you will have your Puma facing double Mediums. At this point the best you can have is a Panther while you having a 3rd Mediums.

King just need at least Heavies command point with it. Prevent resource rush from Ost team mates in 3v3 4v4

6 months ago
    At that rate you could say panther armor is useless for 40 more fuel but in honesty both tanks haveing better fire rate will wipe the floor with a jackson unless you can keep them at the right range.

So I guess this becomes a grey area here.

But i have seen king still come out in 13 minutes it is just not as easy as it was.
    Get whermacht player to rock supply doctrin and feed you fuel will yield a king around the time mediums are just getting ready to come out maybe.
    Plus as said before large team games can cover better so perhaps not the whole team but 1 player could still rock out a king fairly early.

But I dont disagree with puma/luches being needed either it is just that early king is not an impossible idea.
    6 months ago
    edited July 2020

Panther is 40more fuel than Okw Pz4 isnt useless.
    Because it come with 50% more hp. 25% more range. 200% more pen. 15% more armor than Okw Pz4 makes Panther worth for its cost.

The most cheapest map is Hill 400, where fuel stay at the very corner. I had 2 Okw support Ost to setup defend there, then drop supply for 1st Okw, while 2nd Okw push with many Light. We faced a King at 12m30s. I didnt even have half way fuel for a Jack. I block that map.

6 months ago

games like this make me feel like i am just beating my head against a brick wall expecting to get somewhere.
    i can do more damage and still lose more models costing me more manpower than the okw player and forced to retreat only to in the end to be fighting vet 5's and obersoldaten.
    vet 2 sherman helps as i keep it repaired but even after destroying a stuka and killing off headquarters i cant make much headway down my lane in this 4v4 match.
    then if you watch when raketen is in a building it has 120 degree cone of fire and amazing range.
    4-5 whermacht werfers annihilate my sherman with rocket barrage to help their okw player.
    the king tiger at the end was not even needed.
    i did both more kills and more damage yet i made very little headway in the end mostly a stalemate.

also i believe in this match supply drops were being used

6 months ago

if you watch the replay you have better options to view the map and statistics but i made this as well anyway

6 months ago

When you spend Ammo with USF anti gun in Konig and you see that 70% don't penetrate you can say that Konig is good unit because he has lot of HP and can be front of field and available without commander

So in 1v1 he is useless but in 3v3 and 4v4 it's one of better tank, put him in commander and it will be balance !