[OKW] ["Stuka zu fuss" vs Retreat Pathfinding]

5 months ago
omar_empomar_emp United Arab EmiratesPosts: 533
edited August 2020 in Balance Feedback

Stuka zu fuss is the top tier Rocket Artillery in the game at the time, but also the second most expensive one,

Stuka zu fuss is superior than all rocket artillery in multiple ways:

1. no accuracy penalty over range
  2. very high damage rocket artillery (can take down 50% health of tanks)
  3. missiles always land in a creeping line barrage
  4. the only rocket artillery that can be on the field before 12 minute past game
  5. the only rocket artillery which RNG takes a very little factor in it.

but the worst of them all is how Infantry retreating pathfinding works, they all bunch up ,and its easy to know where is the retreating path , when ever a player troops is suppressed by MGs , just do a straight line behind the troops while aiming a single missile on the pinned squads.

at the current state a single stuka zu fuss can be a game changer even for team games of 4v4 due to its very high stats.

how we can fix that?

1. stuka zu fuss rocket should be only able to effect 1/2 of the squad size , so max a rocket damage per squad up to 3 only which a single rocket will not wipe a full health squad because they bunch up.
  2. decrease damage dealt against falling back infantry by 50% , which in that way it can still act as a area denial and a killer.

in the certain case its just frustration to the player who is getting attacked by stuka zu fuss, its really hard to counter it as its always at max range of the target due to no accuracy drop per range.

each faction needs to get 1-2 rocket artillery to counter blobs effectively except the OKW , a single stuka zu fuss is enough.

Comments

5 months ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 903
    edited August 2020

I've used Stuka, its not like u think. And I thought the same as u when I only play Allies.
    The blob never go in straight line, but in circle, which Werfer & Kat do better job.

Its 6 rockets eventhough go in straight line, but the space between them is also random.

And its really dumb to have them drops like this.

Stuka whips retreating squads good. Because of the line, but requires precision knowing which direction enemy run

5 months ago
    MorisMoris Posts: 71

These are complex measures and not entirely justified. As for me, it is enough to increase the time between the launch of each rocket.

5 months ago
    omar_empomar_emp United Arab EmiratesPosts: 533

@C3Tooth said:
    I've used Stuka, its not like u think. And I thought the same as u when I only play Allies.
    The blob never go in straight line, but in circle, which Werfer & Kat do better job.

Its 6 rockets eventhough go in straight line, but the space between them is also random.

And its really dumb to have them drops like this.

Stuka whips retreating squads good. Because of the line, but requires precision knowing which direction enemy run

when you have squads and hold right click and face them , the squads tend to line up , not the models, but the squad icon.

katyusha and panzerwerfer are better against unorganised blobs or assault blobs (exp , shock troops blob, cavalry riflemen, which tend to walk in a line to their target,but take for example a player using 4x guards rifles, the player would line up the squads in a line to avoid bunching up which the stuka can easily take about 75% of the blob in a single attack.

yup , i know that the spaces are random but not as intended in the photo , they cant just leave a squad untouched in worst case they would do little damage , and in best case wipe the squad.

the spaces are not affected by range so you are always shooting at max range no need to get closer for more risk of being taken down, but better aim, no risk reward system in stuka zu fuss rocket artillery.

the first time your opponent retreat remember the path taken, once his squads retreats just let the stuka zu fuss does it job .

the whole post about how stuka zu fuss wipes retreating squads overly good because of the retreating path finding.
    troops tend to always choose the same way back to base especially in team games even in 2v2 where you usually attack from a single flank,

@Moris said:
    These are complex measures and not entirely justified. As for me, it is enough to increase the time between the launch of each rocket.

this are not complex measures at all, you can easily notice the first time his retreat path and then just keep hitting the retreat path the whole match, sometimes we would just spam MGs ,whenever the player decide to retreat just aim at the retreating path. pretty easy

4 months ago
    MorisMoris Posts: 71

This is the main task of multiple launch rocket systems in this game. But the problem is overly ease of use. A simple example is Katyusha. It has high damage to infantry and vehicles, but does not have the same lethality as Stuka due to the fact that the volleys are divided into three launches. Therefore, I still think the increase in the time between each shot should balance this apparatus.

4 months ago
    mrdjjag81mrdjjag81 Posts: 305
    edited August 2020

One of the more annoying problem with the Walking stuka it can easly sneak up a barrage on repearing tanks to leave them out of action for a longer time because of the high dammage it deals to tanks compare to other rocket arty. Also, allies dosent have any none commander repear station. Brits upgrade assimble to repearstation is slow is hell repearing tanks with, on top on that the engineer repearing are more dead than alive compare to OKWs repearengineers thats somehow imortal to any kind of indirect fire, they also got magic rapid repear ability to tanks lol

4 months ago
    edited August 2020

@mrdjjag81
    Repairing speed:

CombatEng/Pion: 100
    vet3: 160
    sweeper: 130
    vet3 + sweeper: 190

Rear/Crew: 100

Sapper: 100
    Heavy sapper: 160
    vet3 + heavy sapper: 160

Sturmpion: 160
    vet3: 200
    sweeper: 200
    vet3 + sweeper: 200

Okw station: 100

Sturm popcap is 9, others are 5. Almost double the popcap but their repair speed isnt (should be 180 instead of 160 in perspective to popcap)
    Beside, Soviet, Ost, Brit have tools to aid them to buff repairing speed. No need to talk about USF. So for me, Okw station is needed.

Lets say using 20popcap:

• 4 CombatEng/Pion: 400
    • 4 CombatEng/Pion vet3 + sweeper: 760
    • 4 Heavy sapper: 640
    • 2 Sturm + sweeper: 400
    4 months ago

Also, if Okw HQ's hp is below 100%, any indirect fire on medic,pion models will be killed. You have to repair HQ to 100% to spawn them again.

Dont put ur feeling "immortal & magic" to make comment, try to play it.

4 months ago
    mrdjjag81mrdjjag81 Posts: 305

@C3Tooth said:
    Also, if Okw HQ's hp is below 100%, any indirect fire on medic,pion models will be killed. You have to repair HQ to 100% to spawn them again.

Dont put ur feeling "immortal & magic" to make comment, try to play it.

Thanks for putting it in perspective , make more sense.

Nah, no hard feelings really about that, just some stuffs makes it hilarious almost.